Mists of Avalon Book and Movie

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Lily Cantodea

Mists of Avalon Book and Movie

Post by Lily Cantodea »

Love it? Hate it? Neutral?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi Lily,

I loved the book AND the movie. As far as I can remember the movie was very accurate to the book. Things had to be cut of course (it was already a 4 hr movie to begin with) but it was really great. I had a cool experience reading the book when I was young. I read the book and got to the final page when I finished it, the candle that was on my desk went out and stopped burning. It had gotten to the end of it's cycle. It was a bit creepy but funny too. Personally, I loved them both. If I am in a particularly "magickal" mood I will watch the movie. Kind of makes me want to read the book again now lol. *goes to check bookshelf*
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I didn't like the movie as much as I thought I would, TBH. It was good, but I thought I'd like it a little bit more. I love the book myself, but I've been told that the book is a love-it-or-hate-it thing.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I agree that the book is a love or hate one. I loved it. The movie did need a bit more but as I said, there were things that were cut out due to time I think. Personally, the acting was good and of course the base story was very much accurate but adding to it with a few of the deleted things might have been good. All in all though, I have read most of the Avalon series and quite enjoy it.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”