African Yes and No Divination

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Earth Ritual

African Yes and No Divination

Post by Earth Ritual »

Peace and Blessings,

I want to share with you an ancient yes and no system of divination called Obi Divination. This a very good Oracle to use when you are at a crossroads faced with with a life changing decision. It is also good to use this Oracle for checking to see if your offerings to the Gods have been accepted. You can do an internet search to find books and web pages on the subject. I warn that trivial questions posed to this Oracle is considered disrespectful and there are consequences.

To start you will need either Kola nuts split into four sections or coconut split into for sections with cowrie shells attached. The cowries should be attached with two up and two down.

Here are how the patterns are interpreted when thrown:

Alafia-Yes-All Sides Up
Etawa-Perhaps-Three Sides Up, One Down
Ejife-Definitely-Two Sides Up, To Sides Down
Okana-No-Three Sides Down, One Side up
Oyeku-No-All Sides Down

You should pray and incant before you throw this Oracle. You may also want to charge them in some way that is right for you.

You should also do more research if you are serious about using this Oracle beyond curiosity. There are many more intricate meanings and it is important to understand something of the historical and cultural times that gave birth to this Oracle.

Happy Blessings,
Earth Ritual
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Very interesting earth ritual.

What exactly is concidered trivial and non-trivial questions though. Seems like it would be relative to desires.

I see that your knowledge of the ancestors has increased dramaticly since you last were here.

Blessings.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Thank you Y0m.

Trivial questions are questions that you can answer on your own or questions about base matters. Obi is like consulting a wise spiritual person or your grandmother.

This site contains more information about Obi
http://www.tarotbyjacqueline.com/obi-divination.html
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.

Return to “General Divination”