Watching Paranormal Shows with My Annoying Mom

Talk about anything you want to here.
Lily Cantodea

Watching Paranormal Shows with My Annoying Mom

Post by Lily Cantodea »

Why is it my mom wants to watch ghost shows with me, but she always ends up saying it's crap/untrue/it's all demons and not really people? But God forbid I should dare say something negative about American Idol, like saying that's one huge karaoke competition where you'll end up as a has-been within three years (Carrie Underwood need not apply). Seriously, if you think it's crap, stop asking to watch it with me. Saying that it's crap or whatever is not going to stop me from watching it.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The same reason 90% of the viewers of those shows dont believe, because people can be incredibly stupid!

Im not a fan of the american ghost programs though, to me they seem so fake *dramatic voice" "Kenny and kyle have been living in this 80 year old house for 3 years but they havent had a quiet night since moving in, what goes bump in the night? Our investigators find out" *Cut scene showing screaming people then an annoyingly cheesy intro music and scene followed by 2-3 extremely fake looking "psychics" who all make noises such as "woah, that's strong" "what was that?" And so on.

i cant stand American "reality" shows... So, so fake, not to mention intensely irritating, anyhoo i digress.

What is more annoying is people that watch psychic shows where a psychic talks to random people on the street and gets it all right, yet they still dont believe and then say things like "shes really good, i wonder how she does it. I dont think she guesses, and i dont think she researches the person beforehand either"

Idiots... The only real options left are cold reading/psychology and true ability...*shrugs*
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

Well, considering I'm, y'know, STUCK IN AMERICA, this crap is the only stuff half-decent, aside from CSI, that's on TV. For the record though, someone needs to gag Yvette Fielding and her cronies, because they're annoying as hell to the point where I can't stand it.

And the shows I watch don't have psychics; the only show that I USED to watch that had psychics on it was Most Haunted, then I got sick and tired of hearing Yvette screaming at the top of her lungs every time she bumped into a brick wall. I watch Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters; now, the former, I admit they can be complete idiots, but they've gotten some good legit evidence before. Same with TAPS - they take a scientific approach and they've gotten some good stuff. But then they lost brownie points with me when they started this Ghost Hunters Academy thing, which is complete BS, because half the idiots on there are afraid of the dark and the other half don't even know how to use an EMF meter correctly.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Yvette Fielding and her cronies, because they're annoying as hell to the point where I can't stand it.
Too true, i used to like it when i was young and naive but its clear to see that yvette is only there for the reactions to get ratings, her husband is a phoney (and coincidentally owns the show, hence the more thrills the more cash he gets) and their old psychic Derek, who i thought was a BS'er anyway, was proven fake when a researched dropped him a name and Derek then said on camera that he had this person coming through blah blah blah.

Cock, Some of their live shows can be interesting though, but there is a lot of "What was that" and screaming conveniently out of camera view and Carl's favourite trick is to point out of camera view where no-one else is looking and proclaim "Look there!" Strangely whatever he sees is gone by the time the rest of the people look in that direction.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I used to watch it, as I said, because that was before Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures came along.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”