ideas of astral projection

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
sweetxivy

ideas of astral projection

Post by sweetxivy »

i have a large interest in astral projection and have for some years now. these are my ideas so far.

i believe astral projection that instead of leaving your body and traveling to an astral world, its traveling deep into the subconscious mind. and since the mind, thought ect. is made up of the non-physical, the feeling/belief of "leaving the body and going into the astral planes" could be what makes up space..? and it is so big, like space. hence the word "astral". maybe the mind has a connection to the universe itself, where the astral planes exist. meaning we are all one...? astral projection is projecting ourselves into the subconscious,

similar to taking a drug to experience it for religious practice. when someone takes a drug to become more connected to that....... thing. their diety or some kind of higher being. every religion has something in common. that feeling, that belief, of something there or something higher than yourself. it keeps us here, what keeps us connected to the "astral" is the non-physical inside. that thing that keeps us here.

all the religions explain it. it is in us all. it doesn't have a name and it doesn't need one. too big for a name, it is everything, in everything. i wouldn't think of it as an individual. people try to give it a background, stories to answer our questions that will probably never be answered, and i feel don't need to be answered.

where we are just the imagination of ourselves. like this life really is a dream, basically are living in a dream. raised to never question authority. its authority that attempts to comfort us with their view of reality, imprisoning our minds with it, forming in our minds... to not think for ourselves.

i know i got a little off-topic....
but i am just curious to hear, what are your beliefs on astral projection?
Xal

Post by Xal »

I think the astral plane is a place you go too outside yourself, an yet if all is one the separation is an illusion, everything is in your own head.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

we beleive we are seperate from god...
this is the real illusion. how can we know what is truth when we think this way?

we are all in the mind of god... and since he created us out of his image we are also opporating in the mind of our minds.

Meditate regularly to discover the truth of this.
Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

Well, I agree with you that we don't exactly leave our body, but rather we move our awareness into our constant astral form, which exists only on the astral plane.

I think that the astral plane is a separate realm, not attached to our subconscious.
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

Learn to calm yourself. When you calm yourself, you go into a trance, then your spirit and can life away from your body and you'll be conscious of it.

I always believe that lucid dreaming is closely connected to astral projection/OBE.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

blackwavy wrote: I always believe that lucid dreaming is closely connected to astral projection/OBE.
Very much so is. Two similar things, separated by one variable.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”