Meant to be?? You better believe it!

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
shadowcat*

Meant to be?? You better believe it!

Post by shadowcat* »

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 8 months. When we first met (totally by accident I might add!!) I thought he was great but thought I had no chance. After we first met we added each other on msn and became quite close. He helped me through a really bad time without judging me. The second time we met we started going out. At first it seemed like things were against us, this guy tried twice to break us up but we made it through. Now I couldnt be happier. I know I'm still young but I couldnt ever imagine being with anyone else. After we'd been going out for a while we got talkingabout our childhood and realised that we'd actually known each other when we were really young. We'd met on holiday at this place where I'd actually fantasised about meeting my true love! Freaky coincidence?? I think not! I used to be ok if i saw him once or twice a week and now every minute I spend away from him hes all I think about. And just last year I was the girl who promised never to fall in love so I'd never get hurt :roll:
5moons

Post by 5moons »

That is great. Congrads for you.
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

thanks! wasnt actually expecting a reply was just one of those tings i wanted to let out lol! :D
5moons

Post by 5moons »

We all have something to tell and say.
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

awwwww thats sweet im happy for you. My true love is meant to be a capricorn and he lives in Liverpool well thats what it said when I was dowsing (or is it scrying) you know when you have a pendulum and you ask questions? Which is good cuz im a cancerian and they and capricorns are perfect matches. Whats your star sign shadow cat and whats your boyfriends? Im very much into astrology ever since I got a birth chart and it was freakishly accurat!
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Dear Alhandra,

I do not want to burst any bubbles, but Capricorns and Cancers are OPPOSITES! This is not necessarily bad, but it certainly isn't what you call a "perfect match." Plus, the sun sign says very little about how lovers relate. We have to look at Venus, the 7th house and any other crazy aspects. What I am getting at, is that astrological compatibility is way more complex than sun signs. I teach astrology seminars from time to time and I do not do synastry or composites (compatibility) until Level III as it is so complex. That said, if the other planets line up nice a Capricorn and Cancer sun sign could very well get along; although you will express yourselves in very differetn ways--Cancer, very intuitive, emotional and psychic; Capricorn, very earthy, goal oriented and practical--tends to deny the validity of emotion and psychic phenomena (of course there are always exceptions). If you want a personal chart and report from me, just ask!!

Blessings,

bsp
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

Im a gemini and he's aquarius i think thats meant to go but im not so into astrology. i read my horrorscope from time to time, id love to learn how to do my own personal reading but i dont thin i have the patience to do it.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Dear shadowcat,

If you know what time you were born, the date and the city, then I can do your personal horoscopes for you and send them to your e-mail. Let me know and I will be glad to help. Astrology is very fun!!

Blessings,

bsp
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

wow that would be kool! :D I was born about 3:12 am on 4th June 1987 in Ipswich England. My email addy is radiosonggirl@gmail.com wow thanks!
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

Wow shadowcat you sound liek me i hope i turn out to fall in love as well!!!!! i alway promise never to even bother tying to fall in love. For me it was away about who was at the party and never beyond that... but now i actully have a guy and we have *shocked face* been together for nearly 2 monhts!!!! (i kno it not a long time really, but im not a relationship person!)
wishing you all the luck in the universe! and all the positive love engerys to those who have no-one,
willow
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Well now I want to share my love story as well :D

Me and my boyfriend are in our 7th year of our relationship. We started off as friends and had been friends for about 2 years. Then we went to Glastonbury festival with a whole bunch of us, and that was it. We were both totally smitten!

He is a wonderful man and most importantly he is my best friend! We lay awake at night discussing all sorts of weird and wonderful things, our dreams our hopes, about the world and everything.

He is the funniest, most honest person I know and he is BEAUTIFUL!
His spirit shines!
Yes we have arguments and fights and he can be a right messy bugger at times, but these are parts of the characteristics that make him what he is, and I adore what he is :D
Maybe I should write about him after we've had a row, then you'd get all the negative things about him!
LOL!

I hope each and everyone of you find true love and happiness, it really is a wonderful thing.
YAY! FOR LOVE!!!

hedge
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

I absolutly hate fighting with anyone, my boyfriend worst of all. He's such a great person and when we fight it hurts so much, even tough we've never had a fight that lasted longer than 5 mins.
I love the nights when we stay up all night just talkin about everything. I used to think I'd never find love but now I know its the most amazing thing in the world. We had a discussion about marrige once and he told me that hes not a marriage person. At first I took it really personally but now i know its not coz he doesnt love me, its just his beliefs and I've realised that maybe marriage isnt so important. We both know that we love each other and wanna be together forever and thats all I need
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Shadowcat, if you get a chance you might want to read the book, "He's Just Not That Into You". It will explain exactly what a man means when he says he's "not into marriage", or he's "not the marrying type". You can probably guess from the title of the book what it means. It means he has major commitment issues. Not saying he doesn't love you, but don't let a man keep you hanging on forever and not marrying you. If he is still a teenager, he will probably change his outlook over time, but grown men who refuse to get married have deeper issues that could eventually tear you apart. They want their cake and want to eat it too (whatever that's supposed to mean.) He wants to have sex with you, live with you, etc, but doesn't want to have any responsibility towards you. If he doesn't marry you, then he is free to leave at any time and not have to give you any of his property. He can also CHEAT anytime he wants and it won't be held against him in court because there will be no divorce. Don't fall for that. It's a sleazy trick that men use when they want to use women for their playtoy. Any man that truly loves you and cares for you will WANT to marry you and will do anything he can to get you to marry him.

I'm a Cancer and had two long-term relationships with Capricorns. Neither worked out. I had read also that they are not a good match. But you can't put all your faith in that sort of thing. Sounds like you two have a good connection.

shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

well he is still a teenager, 18. I'm hoping that he may change his mind, but if he doesnt its no big deal to me. Its not about responsibility. I think its coz he sees a wedding as a "hallmark" occasion, one of those things that companies use to cash in on (he also sees valentines and easter that way). Plus when his parents got married they had problems financially and i think he doesnt wanna see us have that problem. I've also lost faith in marrige a bit. I used to want it but after my parents divorced I realised that even marrige doesnt guarantee things. Marrige or not, we have a great connection and he's a totally amazing person loveface
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I agree that marriage is way too commercialized. I have been married twice now and both times I had very small weddings. The first time was just me and my husband and his uncle, at his uncle's house. His uncle was a preacher and he married us. We kind of eloped. No one knew about it. The whole thing cost $30, which was the cost of the marriage license.

The second time I got married, I invited my family and had the wedding at my home. We served homemade lasagna and bread and salad for dinner, no catering. We got a sheet cake from Wal-mart or somewhere equally cheap. I only paid $300 for a dress, which was actually a white prom dress that looked kind of like a wedding dress and we got Ron a tuxedo. I had my sister's (bridesmaids) dress in pretty, dark-colored dresses that they already owned so they didn't have to buy new ones. I did get a very nice diamond ring though for the engagement - two of them actually, but Ron is just sweet that way to me. Anyway, the wedding was nothing spectacular as you can tell. I was very nervous about having even that many people there, with me as the center of attention. It was only about 15 people, I guess, but I was nerve-wracked the whole time. It didn't help that I had a pretty good drug habit at the time. lol.

I don't really get these people who start their marriage off with $20,000 of debt (or worse, they put their parents in debt!) because they feel like they need to have some huge, expensive wedding. I really hate to see women who expect their parents to pay for everything. That bothers me. Most marriages will not last anyway, so why pay so much for it? It seems a little ridiculous. It's like a competition to see who can have the biggest, most expensive wedding. I think it really takes away from the meaning of it when people do that. Ron had a huge wedding the first time he got married. His wife's parents were rich and they paid for it - $25,000! Shortly before the wedding, Ron wanted to back out because they had been having problems for a year or so, but his wife's father told him that he better go through with it because they had already spent all this money on it. It was really just a huge party for her parents. I've seen the pictures and it's a bunch of old men in kilts (her parents are Irish or Scottish). All the Masons came, of course, because they're all in the Masonic Lodge. It really just seemed WAY overmuch. Of course, the marriage didn't last but Ron stayed in it for 10 years because his father-in-law figured that was an appropriate amount of time to pay off the debt of that huge wedding.

My advice is to pay for your own wedding and keep it within your means. Don't go into debt over it or you will start your marriage with arguments over money. I also think that people get so caught up in planning for a wedding (especially women) that they forget that they will actually be MARRIED afterwards. It's like having the wedding is the whole point for them. I'm sure for some people it is, like Jennifer Lopez and Elizabeth Taylor, who obviously love weddings and see it as an opportunity to have a party. I think people should spend more time planning for their marriage than planning for their wedding day. It's such a disappointment for many people to finally BE married and all the excitement of planning and having a wedding is over and now they are just left with each other and they aren't the center of attention anymore. Time for a divorce so they can get remarried again! lol.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”