Spells without candles

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
BaileyKatG

Spells without candles

Post by BaileyKatG »

Being (now) 17 I don't really have the money for candles or any other things used for concentrating energy so do any of you know any good spells that don't involve anything other than concentration. Or if you could help me find ways to alter spells so they don't need candles or anything else that would be great. Thanks a lot for the help
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

spell work is best done with the materials you have on hand. start with crafting spells only from what you find in nature. like the bark of a cedar tree with a rune written on it and charged with the power of your love, lust, and will.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

A lot of Gris-Gris can be done with a torn piece of cloth and stuff from an average, every day spice cabinet.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I think ALL spells can be done with nothing but the mind...

Think about it. A spell doesnt happen because there is a name on a piece of paper, otherwise every kid that hands in his homework is spellweaving.

No, the reason it is a spell and not just a scribble is because you *will* it to do something. So you might will the universe to make someone call, or to make someone happier. Writing their name on the paper just says to your mind "Look, this is the person i mean, not dave, bob or gertrude but the person whose name i have just written, now get to it!"

Candles act as a focus point, magick is all about collecting energy, "programming" it with what you want it to do (eg heal) and then sending it out. Now, it is no good programming the energy if the energy just flows off as you are trying to collect it, so many people use things like candles or symbols as a sort of focus point where they can direct their energy and contain it in one place. If you can concentrate enough then you could use your hand as that focus point, or your body etc....

Magick comes from the mind, the things outside the mind just help the mind.
[Guardian Wolf]

shadowx wrote:I think ALL spells can be done with nothing but the mind...

Think about it. A spell doesnt happen because there is a name on a piece of paper, otherwise every kid that hands in his homework is spellweaving.

No, the reason it is a spell and not just a scribble is because you *will* it to do something. So you might will the universe to make someone call, or to make someone happier. Writing their name on the paper just says to your mind "Look, this is the person i mean, not dave, bob or gertrude but the person whose name i have just written, now get to it!"

Candles act as a focus point, magick is all about collecting energy, "programming" it with what you want it to do (eg heal) and then sending it out. Now, it is no good programming the energy if the energy just flows off as you are trying to collect it, so many people use things like candles or symbols as a sort of focus point where they can direct their energy and contain it in one place. If you can concentrate enough then you could use your hand as that focus point, or your body etc....

Magick comes from the mind, the things outside the mind just help the mind.
That's actually a pretty neat theory on Magic, however I still insist that magic comes from invoking spirits. Sure, that's my interpretation of it and every different group has their own interpretation.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ahh perhaps... but then why do the spirits need a symbol to be written down? If we assume that the symbol or word is like a signpost saying "spirits give me a hand here" then is it not enough to project that symbol, word or phrase?

Perhaps the easiest way to do that is to concentrate on it by drawing or writing it because drawing and writing are capable of bringing up thoughts and emotions connected to the things being drawn or written but if the practitioner can concentrate on that intention to ask the spirits for assistance then they do not need the paper or other tools (IMHO)

I wouldnt doubt the help of spirits, i have often thought that perhaps the gods and goddesses we worship are merely collections of spirits, much like covens but larger operating under one banner for one goal. For example a "coven" of spirits that answers to the name Arwen, or Anubis. Instead of talking to a deity perhaps we can communicate with these groups who act as one as a more approachable entity than an entire group of the deceased (which humans would naturally have difficulty attaching to)

Anyway, you people dont sleep enough... Time to get me some sleep!
[Guardian Wolf]

shadowx wrote:Ahh perhaps... but then why do the spirits need a symbol to be written down? If we assume that the symbol or word is like a signpost saying "spirits give me a hand here" then is it not enough to project that symbol, word or phrase?

Perhaps the easiest way to do that is to concentrate on it by drawing or writing it because drawing and writing are capable of bringing up thoughts and emotions connected to the things being drawn or written but if the practitioner can concentrate on that intention to ask the spirits for assistance then they do not need the paper or other tools (IMHO)

I wouldnt doubt the help of spirits, i have often thought that perhaps the gods and goddesses we worship are merely collections of spirits, much like covens but larger operating under one banner for one goal. For example a "coven" of spirits that answers to the name Arwen, or Anubis. Instead of talking to a deity perhaps we can communicate with these groups who act as one as a more approachable entity than an entire group of the deceased (which humans would naturally have difficulty attaching to)

Anyway, you people dont sleep enough... Time to get me some sleep!
We can debate this in another thread. I don't feel right hijacking this one.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

You don't really need altar tools to work magick, just yourself. Altar tools just serve to help one concentrate energy.
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

i have the same problem i am not allowed to use candles, but i take an alter to go kit, i found good sized forest and i do my rituals and spells there. being out doors gives me a sense of more power, i think it's because i am around all the elements. :wink: :D maybe try the outdoors, look around for small forest or other place you feel at peace. :D
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I agree with Shadowx the only magic tool you need is your will. If candles are not needed to bring you into the mindset to achieve magic then you don't need them.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

I'm all for will as well. And as for the invoking spirits, the spirits are always near by and there are always those willing to help you, you needn't always to invoke them, and realizing that you are a spirit in a physical form helps to tap the spiritual energy that runs through the universe, making your will of intent stronger.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi,

since my last post was one option is to use candles in the out doors. I know that you don't need any tools and just use your mind. I tried this a few times when i started with the craft. :D
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Spells without candles

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post, FAQ

Candleless spells ...

The Nine Knot Spell uses a piece of thread, twine or yarn to tie a loose knot for each phrase of the incantation & then untie the knots at a liminal hour of dawn, noon or dusk to release the power.

By knot 1 the spell’s begun, by knot 2 it comes true, by knot 3 so shall it be.
By knot 4 the power is stored, by knot 5 the spell’s alive, by knot 6 the power is fixed.
By knot 7 it is given, by knot 8 it is fate, by knot 9 is is mine.
(If you’re binding something then change the final line to “ by knot 9 (event, name, deed) is entwined & confined.”)

A sigil uses pen and paper to briefly write your intent; then cross out vowels & duplicate consonants & rearrange remaining letters into an attractive glyph. Draw a circle around the glyph & ✂️cut it out, then anoint with oil or Lunar Elixir & magnetize with intent. Burn or shred the paper at a liminal hour of dawn, noon or dusk to release the power.

Stone stroking uses a smooth stone - just find one outside - that’s held in one hand & stroked with the other, as you chant an incantation & sway your body to aid light trance. An old healing chant Is “Stone to stone, bone to bone, flesh to flesh, vein to vein, (name) is whole again.” Repeat untIl you fade out.

Modern LED Candle Spell uses the timed battery powered , “flameless” candles. The fire element symbolism is the same. Instead of dressing the candle you anoint & magnetize a paper sigil. Slip the completed sigil under the candle & set the timer & when it times out the spell is done. Shred or burn the paper at a liminal hour to release the power. Re-use the LED again & again. Amazon.com & Dollar stores sell LEDs.

Modify the jingles & invent your own spells & if you’re stuck, use this all purpose incantation inspired by the Witch’s Rune - “Earth, water, air & fire, work now for my desire. X I now acquire, by earth, water, air & fire.“

A starter kit might include - twine, pen & paper, stone, LED 🕯 - plus olive oil or DIY Lunar Elixir (Moonlight charged water) for anointing, and 🧂 table salt for purifying. Use your hands 🙌🏽 to magnetize with intent. Make a DIY pendulum with any weighted bob & string or a pendant & ask yes/no Qs to determine if a spell is worth doing.

To magnetize - center by drawing power from earth & sky to your belly. Think it. Focus on intent & push power from the belly, thru your hands & into the spell 🙌🏽 .

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”