How has your life changed since you started wicca

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
needguidence

How has your life changed since you started wicca

Post by needguidence »

My life some bad turns but my life is pretty good.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I'm not Wiccan, but my life has been mostly great since I ditched Christianity and took on more spiritual beliefs. I've had tons of good luck in the last few years and it keeps on coming.

being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I feel as though I have never turned away from this or that religion in order to choose something different. It is more incorporative than that. My parents named me "Chris" as the saint of travellers and follower of Christ, bu that is something other than being a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Shinto, Wiccan and/or Witch. Think on this: Christ was not a Christian. . . hmmm. . . .All paths offer great teachings if they promote peace love and light; the dalai lama, Jesus, Muhammed, Krishna, Merlin, Odin, Siddartha Buddha, Aleister Crowley etc., all have sacred light and bless the world in their way. Thus, I suppose only Satanism and Egoism are the only "religious" areas that offer me nothing.

Thus, there were no drastic changes in my spiritual development--it has been a wonderful and gentle path full of new discoveries and because I have always been on the path (even at times I did not know it) life has been a series of pleasureful events and what the doubters would call "lucky." I hope that others can find the fulfillment that I have on their spiritual quests.

Blessings,
Bsp
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

Theres one thing thats a change and a bit hard and thats keeping it hidden from my mum. We've always been really close and i told her most things before but shes the sort of christian who wouldnt approve. i mean its not that shed love me any less it would just take time and i dont think shes ready to hear it yet. Before I left christianity i was feeling kinda empty spiritually. Finally I turned my back and started reading up on other reigions. When I read about wicca it was like things began to fill up. It still took time to find my way totally but I made it and I feel much more in touch with my spiritual side.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Well my life has stayed the same but with revesed problems.

I was catholic, went to catholic schools and was taught to have shame for all I have done. But I was "normal" to the outside when asked my religion.

Now that I am a witch I am a happier person but the world can be a very judgemental place for people who don't wish to understand. I have been kicked out of an American High School for not being Christan, turned away from jobs and housing. But all these things are physical I am very happy on the inside.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

It seems as though where you live is more intolerant of religious beliefs than most places. How did your potential employers know you were a witch? Was it on a questionnaire or something? Sorry, it is just that this doesn't make any sense to me. I have never heard of not getting a job interview based on religious beliefs (unless you are a Muslim in America right now)--but that is a whole other kind of bigotry. But, as long as you are happy and are not starving I am sure your path will offer you exactly what you need at this time.

Blessings,

bsp
Orion

Post by Orion »

If I got turned aside for my beliefs, I would go ballistic and try to shove the law in their faces. But I guess that shows how much more mature you are than I. Kudos JB!
Though a lot of things that would've got my eye a' twitchin' even a few weeks ago barely perk my notice. A hundred life times or so, and I'll get caught up :lol:
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I'm guessing JB maybe told someone at work about her beliefs and it got back to the boss (just guessing). I don't doubt that you would get fired if people found out you were a witch. I just don't tell anyone. If they really want to know, I might say I believe in reincarnation or that I have "spiritual" beliefs, not "religious" ones, but the word "witch" will not enter the conversation. lol. It's sad that people don't accept it, but that's just the way it is in our world right now and we have to live with that.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

I really don't know. People treat me the same. But I feel like I want something I have the drive more to get it. Other than that I am not really sure if my life has changed since the 15+ years I have been into witchcraft. No please don't coming running to me for things. I don't have them to give. But you want me to find something well just ask the internet can't hide anything anymore if you know were to look.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

No, I live in a very small town, about 1000 people. So that means your personal life is front page news plus I was going to school and everyone knows how kids can be.
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

I know the feeling JB, so apart from my boyfriend, my best mate and my dad no one knows. I'm not saying I've got a shit life but it has enough problems withour worrying about everyone hating me coz i have different religious belifs than them
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

The way I see it hey if you don't want to be nice to me because I am a human being, well your loss. I have enough friends, I am not going to change who I am to gain another one.
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

shadowcat wrote:I'm not saying I've got a shit life but it has enough problems withour worrying about everyone hating me coz i have different religious belifs than them
i'll side on you in that.... i havnt even told my boyfriend yet.... most of my friends know and my stupid year level coordinator know coz he caught me with my top button undone (it my eay of trying to rebel against our stupid choking uniforms) and noticed i was wearing a necklace and told me to take it off, and when he saw what it was told me that i was never to wear it again.... which had no effect on me :P

i hate that feeling that if you havnt told people then you feel like you have to.. its like, they done have to tell you their religion coz theirs is 'acceptable' but i have to go out of mi way to tell them and explain or eles i feel like im hiding something from them... does anyone eles feel that way or is it just me?
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

I know what you mean. I've got this mate and dont get me wrong shes a really good mate but just the way shes been brought up i dont think shed fall out wit me but i think my religion would take some explaining and shed need time to accept it, whereas she doesnt have to do any explaining to anyone as her religion is "accepted"
My boyfriend's mum saw one of my books coz i bought it and then went to his house and it was a see through bag but lucky for me she doesnt seem to mind.
Dawn Faerie

Post by Dawn Faerie »

Since i seriously started getting into Wicca i gained a lot more confidence in myself. I used to hang around with some really horrible, shallow, twofaced people, who used to bully me about being a vegitarian and getting good grades and trying to be different from them. but one day, after a meditation, i asked myself "why am i with these people???" They lowered my self esteem, made me selfconcious, and generally feel completely miserable. So i left them. Now, three years later, i'm perfectly happy and content with my life. I know happiness comes from the inside, but soemtimes you need to make changes on the outside as well.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”