Walking into another plane or realm

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
edgewalker

Walking into another plane or realm

Post by edgewalker »

I was wondering if it is possible to just be walking along and then all of a sudden you are walking through another plane or realm and find as you keep walking that you walk right out of it? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

edgewalker
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

I've heard that you can walk right into Faerie but people rarely come out of it.
edgewalker

Post by edgewalker »

Interesting...please explain?
Zili

Post by Zili »

According to many shaman books I've read, shamans can be seen walking with one foot in this world and the other foot in another at the same time. I've experienced it, as I have witnessed it. In my opinion yes it is possible
edgewalker

Post by edgewalker »

I have read similar things. I guess maybe I should elaborate a little more on my question. I could understand the shaman aspect particularlly if they were meditating or operating in that mod, but just to walk through and walk out again when you are doing something else like working seems different. I was walking down a hallway at work when this happend. It was as though I was walking through space, there were like lights or maybe, stars flying by me. I walked into it and then walked out. Is this a portal, a different plane, an energy vortex....hmmm. Do shamans walk in and out like that through their normal daily routines? Wow, that would be something to experince on a daily basis...
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

I have had this happen to me a few times. I believe it's possible to do depending on your level of connection with this world and others. It can be a bit unsettling, I must admit. I too have heard stories about shamans who are capable of this consciously.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I have walked on the line from time to time. The kicker is that the worlds do have parallels but also they are part of a larger world that we as spiritual people well know. You can walk the world of fairie easily but I have to agree you may not want to come back.
edgewalker

Post by edgewalker »

icebunny wrote:I have had this happen to me a few times. I believe it's possible to do depending on your level of connection with this world and others. It can be a bit unsettling, I must admit. I too have heard stories about shamans who are capable of this consciously.
So do you think this occurance is tied to the person, as in you and I and others that experience it and not a portal or opening that exist at a certain place? It seems as I have been reading and researching that both scenerios are possible. Why do you think it happens?
Zili

Post by Zili »

Do shamans walk in and out like that through their normal daily routines?
yes if they are attuned with the universe (everything in it and everything outside of it,) some have to work at it, for others it just happens (usually the very experienced)
edgewalker

Post by edgewalker »

Thanks for the imput everyone. I am still trying to understand many things about spiritual walkings. Have you all ever heard of dreamwalking? Is this something different or is all otherworldly walkings tied to shamanism of some type?

edgewalker sm177
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I've always heard that a self-realized person (meaning a person who has completed perfected the inner self from meditation) can do many mistical things, but these things should not be the goal of the person meditating, because there is much more to be gained other then the siddhis (google the word).

Also, I've heard that we all have light bodies, and this is the dreamwalking you are refering to. Some people call this astral projection, but it's not a big deal either. Some people say we often go to spritual schools in our sleep to learn many lessons about life and work through problems. These bodies and planes we go to opporate on higher vibrations so this is why we cannot always remember our dreams.

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
edgewalker

Post by edgewalker »

Y0m wrote:I've always heard that a self-realized person (meaning a person who has completed perfected the inner self from meditation) can do many mistical things, but these things should not be the goal of the person meditating, because there is much more to be gained other then the siddhis (google the word).

Also, I've heard that we all have light bodies, and this is the dreamwalking you are refering to. Some people call this astral projection, but it's not a big deal either. Some people say we often go to spritual schools in our sleep to learn many lessons about life and work through problems. These bodies and planes we go to opporate on higher vibrations so this is why we cannot always remember our dreams.

Love.
Thank you for your insight, Yom. I wasn't meditating when this occured I was at work. I know this may sound strange to some but when I pray or meditate it is not for the purpose of gaining anything other then harmony with God and others. Honestly I have never asked God to allow me to walk anywhere but here in this plane. It was just a wee bit shocking. I appreciate everyone sharing their opinoins. I enjoy hearing them...
Thanks again.
edgwalker smileydance
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

The more you meditate, many abilities will come to you.
Your intentions are good though.

As long as it stays that way many blessings will shower over you all of your days in this life. You will learn many things. Just remember that there should be no duality like past and future, man and women, good and bad, inside. Conquer this moment and notice the blissful love god has for you and always will.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”