Grandmother Spider

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Emmialle

Grandmother Spider

Post by Emmialle »

During a recent Shamanic journey, Grandmother Spider came to me as a teacher and guide for the next part of my life-journey. I am looking for information on this Native American Goddess, and I'm having a very hard time finding any. I've searched many different on-line databases, and only found a small reference to Spiderwoman. When Grandmother Spider came to me, she was definitely a Native American woman, elderly, but still spry and active.

My own background is truly American. I have ancestral roots of Native America, western Europe, and Africa. I have always been drawn to my Iroquois roots, since my earliest memories. Unfortunately, I have no tribal connections, my Iroquois ancestor was back in the 1700's

Thank you for any help.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

I love grandmother spider.
Do you know her story?
She'll send spiders to you as a message of either good or bad, or sometimes in dreams.
Emmialle

Post by Emmialle »

I know a bit about her story, not too much, though. I love spiders, they fascinate me. I used to walk around at dawn, to get pictures of spiderwebs with the dew on them.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

Well, in short.
She spread her web over earth to create the stars, she molded each race from clay of the earth and brought language with her web as well.
The dreamcatcher is something she is associated with a lot.
Emmialle

Post by Emmialle »

Well, matches my vision. We were journeying on our tools and strengths to make the necessary changes in our lives. When She came to me and introduced herself, She gave me a web, then had me fling it out. At each of the crosspoints of the strands was a different object or person that I consider important in my life, such as coven members, my personal tools, etc. Then She picked up the web and bound it to a frame, with beads to remind me of the tools, decorated it with different feathers and more beads, explaining the meaning of each, then gave it to me. I have a dreamcatcher that I got in the mail that closely resembles my vision.

Thanks for your help. I will have to ask Grandmother Spider for more information directly.
Zili

Post by Zili »

Choctaw/ Cherokee Story (the two are almost word for word so i did not link cherokee story)

pre-Columbian Teotihuacan civilization
notluad

Post by notluad »

SHADOWX SUCK BIG MONKEY COCK
Zili

Post by Zili »

notluad wrote:SHADOWX SUCK BIG MONKEY COCK
Notluad I don't see how this pertains to the topic, there is not post from shadowx here please don't clutter a good topic.
AutumnWitch

Post by AutumnWitch »

I love Grandmother Spider! Mainly because of my closeness with spiders (especially the Tarantula). I'm considering doing more meditations on Her.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”