How to tell them?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Miripet97

How to tell them?

Post by Miripet97 »

I know I'm deffinately going down the path of Wicca, but my parents just would not go for that! Not that I've told them, I mean, but I know them well enough to know that they would practically flip. I'm so araid if I let them know, It'll be emotional abandonment to them. I don't know how to deal with this! If any of you have any advice at all, please tell me, because I'm not a good liar or secret-hider, and I won't be able to keep this from them for long, and I know if i let them find out for themselves, it'll be ten times worse as any way I could say it out loud.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Well, because you can't keep it from them, why not try and sit them down and talk to them about it. Tell them what Paganism is and isn't.
silvio_aeson

Post by silvio_aeson »

I went ahead and did a quick tarot spread for you, seeing as I was working with my cards at the time anyway, and here's what I got.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51050110@N03/4692119279/

It's set up in a Choice A versus Choice B option, in this case, Choice A being telling them and Choice B being not telling them. Here's the interpretation:

The first two cards are at the bottom of the central column. They represent the past. The bottom card (Mother Earth) represents feeling secure at home; things were fine. Lavender Moon represents that you felt like you knew all you needed to know, and things were smooth sailing. Now, at the present, you are met with the Emerald Princess, who is telling you to come out from the shadows and speak up.

We now move to the left column, which represents the option of telling your parents. The base card (Love Springs Eternal) represents the logical reasons for telling them; being the fact that they are your parents and they love you eternally. From that standpoint, you logically know that they love you, so you shouldn't worry that they won't (or that they will stop.) The next card is hard to see due to flash, but it's Crimson Moon, and it represents the emotional portion of the choice. It's basically telling me that you feel hopeless about it; deep down you are afraid to tell them, which is understandable. However, this card represents the idea that whatever pain is there will soon be over, and that you should not feel hopeless about it. The top card, Mystic Mermaid, represents the outcome of telling them, which is self-love. The Mystic Mermaid is free, swimming about with her hair flowing, unrestricted and indulgent of all the parts of herself. Basically, telling them would bring you to a higher level of self-knowing and spirituality.

Moving to the right column, we see option B, not telling them. At the base, Entwined, which is telling me that logically you know they don't see all of you. The faeries hold one another, and they share love, but their eyes are closed, showing that they don't see everything about the other. Above that, Innocence, the mother faerie holding the child. Emotionally, you don't want to say anything because you know that they care, and you don't want to disappoint or upset them. Moving up, we find Gypsy Rose, basically telling me that the outcome of not telling is playfulness. Simplicity. Option B (not telling) is the easy way.

Final Card; Bewitched (that's appropriate I think :)) which simply means that you are a strong young witch with the power to choose anything, but ultimately, the decision lies within you. You have the power to do either, so which will it be?

That's my spread for ya, I hope it helped. I know it's a tough decision, and don't feel like it has to be made overnight, but that is what my faerie guides are telling me about your situation. I hope it helps!

Blessed Be!
-Siv
Miripet97

Post by Miripet97 »

Thanks silvio_aeson, hearing that really helps. Since doing nothing yet means I'm choosing not to tell, I'm going to go down that road and see where it takes me. If I don't like it's "outcome" or I can't deal with the stress, I'll find some way of telling them. I guess, really, it's all about timing isn't it? I'll have to keep that in mind.
silvio_aeson

Post by silvio_aeson »

That's perfectly fine. Seeing as that path ends with Gypsy Rose, a card of joy and playfulness, you won't find anything terrible at the end. The future is fluid however, and with each day and decision and circumstance it changes, so if you want another reading a bit later down the line to see what's ahead on the path, let me know. It would probably be a good idea to make sure nothing nasty is ahead that could be avoided. :)

Oh, and please, call me Siv. :)
Miripet97

Post by Miripet97 »

:D Sure thing, thanks. I am a bit formal, aren't I?
silvio_aeson

Post by silvio_aeson »

No big. I just like to remind people that I'm not some sort of scary person out there on the web. Just Siv. That's me. ;D
Miripet97

Post by Miripet97 »

Horray for Siv~
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

Siv, we have the same tarot deck. :) lol I felt like telling you...
leo_luna

Post by leo_luna »

I know that you have decided to go down the path of not telling, which is fine, it's your choice and it might be the best choice for you. I have learned, in many situations that for me it's best to be open about thing, I feel that when you are sure about who you are (in any way, religion, sexual preference, etc.) and confident about it, people will accept you, and if not, well that's their problem. I am gay and wiccan and I'm very open about both things, people ask a lot of questions, but I know what I'm talking about and open about every aspect of both (and any other aspect of my life) and I have never, ever walked into someone that did not accept me the way I am, I have respect for all people (well almost all) and I'd like to believe that other people are like that too. give them a chance to accept you the way you are...
silvio_aeson

Post by silvio_aeson »

WatchfulEyeTheButterfly wrote:Siv, we have the same tarot deck. :) lol I felt like telling you...
Deff missed this until right now. LOL

It's pretty sweet. I'm glad SOMEBODY has it. Because everyone else was like "Never heard of it. OH WELL."

LOL.

WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

It's such a beautiful deck too! Easy to understand as well, except the cards with similar names...

Return to “Teen Concerns”