Your First Stone. . .

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
being-singular-plural

Your First Stone. . .

Post by being-singular-plural »

What was the first stone and/or stones that "spoke" to you or that you were called to work with? There's something wonderful about the original gemstone(s).

When I was rather young, I came across 4 or 5 stones at once in a book shop and just "Had to have 'em." The first was a cool piece of GREEN AVENTURINE (for prosperity, luck, protection and heart chakra love), The next was AMBER (ahhh sweet amber, so calming, so connecting, so WARM), then BLUE LACE AGATE (soft whispers of the divine and earth), CARNELIAN (Joy, Harmony, happy groups, Sacral Chakra opener), and of course AMETHYST (unveral vibration of crown chakra light). These "originals" are still in my daily life and the evolution of our energies together makes them stand out in potency compared to a new one. Time does make our hearts grow fonder!

What stones grabbed you and how did they make you feel about gemstones and crystals at the time?

Lightness and Blessings,

bsp
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

My first attraction was to Hemitite... (grounding, healing, focus, self-discipline and removing negativity)... shortly followed by Moonstone (thus the name :28: .... use for passion, serenity, reunion, good fortune, emotional balance, strengthining psychic abilities, enhancing the feminine and increasing sensitivity to natural cycles.)

To tell you the truth, I felt these attractions about 15 years ago... and I can't recall the original feelings I had when they came into my life. I just know they are the strongest for me, and they are nearly always with me.

But it is so true, BSP... the first(s) are always the best. Closest to the heart.

(By the way, be careful with Amber... wearing it, from what I've heard, can cause weight gain. It's best matched with Jet to balance it's properties.)
being-singular-plural

Yes Hematite is a cure all for me. I have many pieces. Being prodominantly air-water in my astro chart, I often have need for gorunding and hematite is one of the best for that. I recently acquired a piece of "midnight pyrite" which is hematitie and pyrite mixed. This will weigh you down if you so desire. But Moonstone is one of my all-time favourites. I have a necklace made of it as well as many loose ones, white, grey, peach etc.. I love them all. I am a moon lover and follow its cycles thoroughly--my moonstone follows them too, as it subtly changes colour and energy patterns depending on the moon's position. It is like a lunar doppler radar with fascinating attuning powers

Thank you for the amber warning, but I have not had any bloating or weight gain from it and I have used it regurlay for 13 years! Now, it is true I am little heavier than I was back then, but that is aging and putting on more muscle mass through the years of hard labour ( I worked construction many seasons) and martial arts training and definitiely not from the stones. I suppose that that can only happen to certain people with certain stones. Thanks for responding MoonStone. Blessings to you and your crystal friends.

bsp
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I also love Moostone!
I have a very strong attachment to the few peices that I have, and I adore it :D
Lapis Lazuli was another first for me, used for enhancing wisdom and judgement, stimulate inner visions and helps keeping me grounded. Then there was Carnelian which funnily enough I don't use any more, and of course Amethyst.

hedge
being-singular-plural

Lapis is an all-time high! It is a stone of Isis and fertility as well as what Hedge listed above. Great for the throat chakrra and the third eye. Three Cheers for Lapis Lazuli!

Blessings,
bsp
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

YAY!

:D

Didn't know it was used for fertility.

*shrugs

hedge
_Hecate_

Post by _Hecate_ »

My first stone was Stone of Spirituality & Contentment

Amethyst...... spiritual awakener that quiets the mind, promoting inner peace and understanding of deeper wisdom. Helpful for dealing with grief and accepting loss. Opens and energizes the crown chakra, stimulating inspiration and intuition.

I have many favorite stones here are a few

Stone of Total Awareness
Lapis Lazuli...... promotes connection between physical plane and heavenly kingdom. Increases mental clarity, creativity and psychic abilities. Increases self-acceptance and serenity, and promotes successful relationships.

Apache Tear
relieve depression, anxiety, sorrow, and grief, promoting acceptance. Sacred stone to the native people, representing freedom, power, and health. Alleviates intestinal disturbances, digestive problems, and stomach upsets.

Stone of Expansion
Opal..... brings higher rays to you so your four bodies can integrate and use them harmoniously. Opens psychic gifts and provides mental clarity and protection. Intensifies your emotional responses.

Stone of Peace
Sapphire...... brings joy and peace of mind by opening the mind to beauty and intuition. Helps heal all parts of the body. Said to be planted on Earth by the ancient Earthkeepers. Used for spiritual channelling and healing

Stone of Psychic Awareness
Tanzanite......... is the highest stone of the blue/violet ray. Energizes third eye chakra. Enhances psychic ability and allows you to see beyond the 'veil'. Integrates the mind and heart most effectively.

Stone of Mysticism
Transylvania Quartz....... protects you from negative, draining energies. Increases your sense of mystical, magical energies, and how to manifest your dreams. Assists astral travel to intergalactic realms.

Green Tourmaline..... teaches you to 'see with the heart' and attunes energy between the third eye and heart. Holds the essence of the plant kingdom. Attracts success, prosperity and abundance.

These are just a few :lol:
being-singular-plural

Cool Hecate,

Thanks! I am interested in the Transylvania quartz that you list. I have may quartz pieces, but not this one. Thanks for sharing this with us. Blessings,

bsp
Tigerlily*

Post by Tigerlily* »

I love moonstone and quartz!!!

I have a clear quartz skull that always seems to help me open my mind when I do readings and makes me more receptive to the person I am reading for!Not sure if that is the right word to use or not,lol!!!

BB!!!

Tigerlily
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I'd never heard of Transylvanian Quartz, so I did a search on it. It's BEAUTIFUL!!!
You are lucky Tigerlily to have this stone, it really is very lovely :D

hedge
Azure*Skye

My First Crystal...

Post by Azure*Skye »

hmmm, My very first Crystal was a Clear Quartz...I was 12 years old when I got it...I still have it...lost it 5 or 6 times, but she always comes back to me...I've read that when you 'loose' a Stone/crystal, there is a reason, like maybe at that time you don't need it...when you do need it again she will turn up...I used her for dream work and meditation...I was 12 yrs old remember and very open to the vibrations of the stone...I had woods by my house and can remember there was a ridge with this huge flat rock...I would lay there for hours meditating...It was a couple of decades ago so I don't recall the Meditations...I do know that I still love that Crystal as much as the day she chose me.
BB
Azure Skye.

p.s. How you doing Singular.?
being-singular-plural

Hello Divine Azure,

I am well for the most part and thanks for asking. Wow, that is one special clear quartz you speak of. I love any kind of quartz, but the clear ones really speed up the spiritual vibrations don't they? I bet that this stone of yours is very intense for you given the personal history and power you have in your soul. And I also agree that the stone chooses you and not the other way around. When I go to the stone shop, I always attune to the ones that I am supposed to be with, but I also attune to ones that I am supposed to give to others. Stones are great gifts for friends and strangers alike. I always keep a supply of various stone-gifts for others--one never knows when an Other will be ready to receive their gift that is supposed to be with them (but I never give my moldavites away!!!). Blessings Azure and i hope that you are well!

bsp
Azure*Skye

Post by Azure*Skye »

Hi'ya BSP,
I do the same exact thing with the extra supply of Crystals for friends...I also give away lots of Crystal Skulls...I got a Bracelet of Lepidolite Skull Beads that I broke up...they sit in an Agate Bowl just waiting for there next Caretaker...There was about 20 when I got them...now I have about 6 left...My friend Jans Husband fell in love with them, so I let him pick one out and I made him a necklace on a Leather Cord out of it. He works for Dow Jones doing I.T. work...he swears since he has worn it, he can think clearer at work and his job has benefited from that little Skull...when I looked back at the use for Lepidolite it says it clears Electromagnetic pollution cast from computers...I thought that was pretty cool...I never told him it's use prior to him wearing it...when I did tell him he said that made perfect sence to him...he never takes it off...I just made a WILD moldavite and Clear Quartz Skull Necklace...you would LOVE it...you are one of the only other people I know that adores that Stone as much as I do...I'll try and send you a Pic of it...I suck at taking Pitures of my Jewelry..hence the reason there are no pics on my site...hehe
BB
being-singular-plural

Hi Azure,

Wow, that sounds cool. Moldavite and quartz always seem to be very compatible. I love trying out moldavite with new stones. It is a stone that loves being with others and trying new energies. Moldavite is a natural explorer! Moldavite gets along well with virtually every stone! But quartz will amplify it which is sometimes the energy needed to pull one up. . . .way up!! :shock:

Yes Lepidolite helps clear radioactive waves, and I always have a piece near my computer or tv. Another stone that is really good for this is BLIZZARD STONE. I have only begun working with it and sure enough, it seems to clear all kinds of static--technological or otherwise. Lepidolite also opens one toward universal harmony and is a great third eye or even crown chakra opener. The stone literally wants its wearer to connect with the universe and will find secret ways of linking you up. Be around it for a while, and before you know it you're singing, "I'd like to teach the world to sing. . in perfect harmony!!!" But, instead of buying the world a coke, you may want to give the world more lepidolite! It is simply a wonderful stone. But, never wash it in salt. The salt will make it brittle and crack apart. Simple flitered water is fine or some sage spray or incense will also help clear it when you feel it is too charged up with discordant energy that needs release.

If you can send me a pic of your quartz/moldavite masterpiece I would love to see it, even if the picture is not the best. I am sure the energy will still be present.

Blessings,

bsp
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

What's really weird for me is that my stones will disappear for a while then reappear. I just leave it all be because I assume it is meant to be that way. Alot of you have been talking about moonstones, but they wont stay with me. I recently had a sapphire and an apache tear reappear. It's strange, they'll either turn up in a place that I had looked for it at and suddenly be there or they'll turn up on the couter or by my computer. It's weird, my stones have there own mind and itentions. My pentacle recently reappeared too, it had been gone for months.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”