Pagan Pride Club?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
canobiecrazy

Pagan Pride Club?

Post by canobiecrazy »

Um, my school has a Christian Prayer club, would it be appropriate to start a Pagan Pride club? The only issues I could see with it is getting backed by a teacher, or lack of members, but who knows, there are a few of us there.
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

If you think you can find a teacher to be the advisor (or whatever your school calls that position) I'd say go for it. My one concern would be die-hard Christians crashing your meetings and trying to convert you all to Christianity. I'm not sure what kind of steps you could take if that happened, but... I personally think it's definitely worth a shot... Good luck!
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
Fayneixx

Post by Fayneixx »

A bunch of people tried to convert me once. I punched one of them in the face, then later, they came back and g*y bashed me. then they came back and w**ch bashed me. So...don't punch them in the face ;)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I would have to agree with that. Don't punch anyone. But if they try to convert you, go to them with a group of fellow witches and say 'Have you heard the word of the Goddess and God?' and start pretending to convert them.
Anneis

Re:

Post by Anneis »

Fayneixx wrote:A bunch of people tried to convert me once. I punched one of them in the face, then later, they came back and g*y bashed me. then they came back and w**ch bashed me. So...don't punch them in the face ;)
Oh man. This post made me laugh. So hard. Pansy ass Christians.
...No offense to any open minded Christagans my comment was directed towards the closed minded ones. lol
Fayneixx

Re: Pagan Pride Club?

Post by Fayneixx »

glad you laughed. It hurts! LIKE H*LL!!!!!
Sythan

Post by Sythan »

Excellent idea in my opinion, however you will have to have many Pagan teens willing to join and stand strong in their beliefs.
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Wow, that is exactly what I am thinking of doing! If your school has a magazine or something, then I would try to put an article about wicca or paganism, explaining what its about, and dismissing the untrue beliefs about us. You could leave an email address which others cant identify you by, just to see if you get any hate mail that puts you off (you cant go back once you've come out). You might also consider taking on a different name, as "Pagan Pride Club" might put others off (e.g. - the shy type, or those who are interested but not actually pagan). Also, do you feel ready to become a role model for other pagans? Say what you like, but as the person who set the club up, thats who you'll be. I say, good luck - and keep us all updated as to how it goes. Blessed Be, EN
There are three sides to a coin.

Return to “Teen Concerns”