Herbs in my garden

Potions go here. Keep it nice please. No poisons.
Li Li

Herbs in my garden

Post by Li Li »

we have lavender, jasmine and mint growing in our garden at the moment. my mum used the jasmine and mint to add abit of flavour to her tea. and i pick some lavender when ever i have trouble to sleep. plus there's loadsa bees going after the lavender so i'm constantly hinting that i want a beehive to keep them ¬_¬

but all seriousness what does lavender, jasmine and mint actually do. and what kind of spells could i use them for?
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Lavender: Lavender has long been used in love spells and sachets. Clothing rubbed with the fragrant flowers (or Lavender placed in drawers with clothes) attracts love. A piece of paper on which you've rubbed Lavender is excellent
for writing love notes. The scent of Lavender particularly attracts men, and Lavender water or the essential oil was worn by prostitutes several centuries ago to both advertise their profession as well as to attracts (through magic)
customers. Lavender also protects against cruel treatment at the hands of a spouse if worn.
The flowers are also burned or smouldered to induce sleep and rest, and are scattered about the home to maintain its peacefulness. The plant is so powerful that, if when depressed, one gazes upon the plant all sorrow
will depart and a joyous will settle upon the observer.
The odour of Lavender is conducive to long life, and should be smelled as often as possible.
Lavender is also used in healing mixtures, carried to see ghosts and worn to protect against the evil eye. It is added to purification baths.
Despite Lavender's love associations, in the Renaissance it was believed that lavender together with rosemary, if worn, would preserve a woman's chastity.
A wish divination: Place Lavender under your pillow while thinking of your wish. Do this just prior to retiring for the night. In the morning, if you have dreamt of anything relating to your wish, it will come true. However, if you did not dream, or if they were unconnected with your wish, it will not manifest.

Jasmine Flowers
Love, Money, Prophetic Dreams. Jasmine is used in love sachets and incenses. It is used to attract spiritual love. A drop of the essential oil in almond oil, massaged into the skin, is said to overcome frigidity. Carrying, burning, or wearing the flowers attracts wealth and money. If burned in the bedroom, Jasmine will bring prophetic dreams

mint
Purification, Sleep, Love, Healing, Psychic Powers. mint is used in charms to heal the sick, as well as in incenses in the sickroom of the patient. It is burned to cleanse the home, and is used in sleep pillows to aid in getting to sleep. Placed beneath the pillow, it can bring dreams that give a glimpse into the future. The essential oil is used in spells to create a positive change in one's life
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

wow awesome! thanks guys!
Chatters

Post by Chatters »

Hi Li Li
This post has been replied to very well already. Just wanted to add a couple more things

As has been said already Lavender can be an irritant especially if ingested, with this in mind, use Lavender flowers and not the oil. The flowers can make a relaxing and refreshing tea. And research something quite thoroughly if you are not sure about drinking or eating it - but I'm sure you probably will do that.

I suffer from bad dreams and sleepless nights, I have yet to find anything better then lavender, and in the bath....... it's so lovely.

Ravencry shared some great spell craft work associated with lavender also. I tend to use it mainly in sending healing energy to somebody - especially somebody I love. And is also good for easing the systems of depression.

Mint is another favourite herb of mine. A favourite of mine for purifying the home and cleansing.

I make an infusion of mint leaves - about 10 ripped or chopped leaves to taste. I prefer to tear as I feel closer to the plant energy. This is very good for an upset tummy, but to much can cause the opposite - can make you feel very nauseas.
Mint tea with honey can be good for a sore throat.

Mint Aromatherapy oil is good for the skin - a few drops of oil in water, applied with a cloth helps burning and itching, sunburn.
Moonstream

Re: Herbs in my garden

Post by Moonstream »

LAVENDER
G/P/E: Masculine, Mercury, Air.
Magical attributes: Sleep, long life, peace, wishes, protection, love, purification, visions, attracting men, clarity of thought.
Uses: Has strong antiseptic qualities. Mild infusions (3 tablespoons to 6 cups of water) make a good sedative, headache treatment, and digestive aid. Used in oil or tincture form to heal cuts, burns or scalds,bites. This also acts as a tonic and may be used for colds, chills, and the flu. Lavender is an excellent aromatic, usually mixing well with other floral scents. An ingredient in the Purification bath sachet, also used in purification incenses. It is thrown onto the Midsummer fires by Witches as a sacrifice to the ancient gods. Lavender is a frequent addition to healing sachets,especially bath mixtures, and is added to incenses to cause sleep. Lavender is a great antibiotic, antidepressant, sedative and detoxify. Stimulates the immune system.

JASMINE
G/P/E: Feminine, Jupiter, Earth.
Magical uses:Used in love spells, charms and sachets. Women have used Jasmine from the earliest recorded history because of its seductive effects on men.

MINT (SPEARMINT & PEPPERMINT)
G/P/E: Masculine, Mercury or Venus, Air.
Magical attributes: Money, healing, strength, augment power, luck, travel.
Uses: Mint in tea form aids upset stomachs, flu, and can be used to ease hiccups. Inhalations of the leaves in boiling water is recommended for head colds and asthma. Mint tea used instead of aspirin is great for headaches, particularly pre menstrual headaches. Nervous headaches can be relieved if you lie in a dark room with fresh peppermint leaves on the forehead. Aids the respiratory and circulatory systems. An anti-inflammatory and an antiseptic. Ideal for treating indigestion, flatulence, varicose veins, headaches, migraines, skin irritations,rheumatism, toothache, and general fatigue.
There you go!
source: wicca.com

Return to “Potions”