Dose anybody else go in phases?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
morgan

Dose anybody else go in phases?

Post by morgan »

ok, so I have this problem. Um...i like, go in and out of fases, like somtimes i feel reelly powerfull, but other times i feel kinda, um...i guess "dry" like i cant even focuse on the magic itself, just whats going on around me. I cant even MEDITATE somtimes. I love magick but I can reely only focuse on majic during the summer, or when it rains. Does anybody else have this problem???
morgan

Post by morgan »

P.S. sry about the spelling, um...I'm bad @ spelling. :oops:
motstudios

Post by motstudios »

i have times where i have soo much "energy" within me that i feel i could levatate off the ground.. but other times i cant even stand up under my own will. sometimes im very happy and then a few minutes later im so depressed i feel like crawling into a dark cave and die. so yea
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

This is why it is SO important to ground yourself. It expels the excess energy after rituals and spell castings.
The technique I use is I sit on the floor cross legged resting my hands on my knees, palms facing upwards, index finger touching thumb on both hands, thus forming a circle within myself.
Close your eyes and steady your breathing as you would for meditation. Visualise all the excess energy gathering in the pit of your stomach, feel it collecting and building up there. Then I visualise Roots protruding from my stomach, down into the floor and going right down into the heart of the Earth.

Do this after any magical workings.

hedge
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

Like what hedgewitch said ^ always ground. I kinda get that I feel more powerful in the spring than any other season. Its kinda weird.
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Yah like when the moon becomes full I am like blah. When the new moon appears I am at top of my game with energy. Not sure why I thought it be the other way around but hey it is different.
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I totally understand what you're saying. I'm going through a dry spell myself. I haven't even been on here much lately. I almost feel like I don't even have the energy to gain energy for a spell. It sucks.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Orion

Post by Orion »

I'm similiar to that, FourSouls. I get really indecisive and impatient. I pretty much have to be sitting out in the moonlight to get any feeling of energy. Where the new moon calms me down and puts things in focus. I hadn't noticed my habits until a couple weeks ago. This week is final exams for me, and I'm just kind of gliding through it with a smile, lol.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

But what do you do to get rid of energy if you cant meditate? I'm at the point where I cant really meditate, I kinda draw things to me and then I have to get rid of them which is a pain. When I "meditate" I have to have like music and I have to focas on the beat or something, I cant ever really quiet my mind and I dont know what to do
**Nothing is set in stone**
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

moonlit honey - it's not a meditation as such, but more of a visualization. Play your music by all means, listen to the beat if that's what works for you. Then visualise all the excess energy building up in your stomach and dispell of it in your chosen way. Play around with the techniques and find the best way for YOU :)

hedge
morgan

Post by morgan »

Ok thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!

Im glad its not just me!!!
OK so i just found this new spell (its new for me anyway) thats soposed to focus you (like when your @ a dry spell). What you do is:

wait until you fill extremly powerfull and then at that moment, get a jar with a tight fitting lid and fill it with the air from that moment.

When ever you hit another dry spell, just slightly open the jar and breeth in som of the air, you should then fell more "powerfull" like with more energy.

It works pretty well 4 me, so tell me if it works for you please. :D

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”