Why won't they believe me?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Wishes

Why won't they believe me?

Post by Wishes »

About 6 months ago I told my parents, and grandparents, about me being Wiccan and also of my being Bisexual. They sounded like they didn't care about how I was. Recently (about the past month or so) they have been telling me things that they think it was just a "phase". I told them once and I'm afraid to tell them again. I am almost 15, so I am stuck at my grandparents (I reside with them, my mother is 3 miles away) My mother is into Wicca and Witchcraft but she just dabbles. My grandmother is somewhat accepting of me being a witch, but she does not like it, nor does she think I can actually make my own choices. She is completely Homophobic and so I am not sure what I should really do! I don't want to feel like I am lying to them or letting them down, but it just feels awful! I considered asking them to allow me to go to a boarding school so it wouldn't be as bad, but I know the only thing I would hear from them would be that it cost too much and that they think they are doing a good job raising me and I should stay with them and just trust them and their decisions that they are right for me :(

I just don't know what to do anymore!

Can any of you provide any sort of assitance to me on how I should handle or approach this, or avoid it completely even though it hurts?
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

If there's anything a witch should be good at, it's keeping a secret. I mean our kind has been practicing in secret for hundreds of years. While I understand your concern about lying to them, I've always kept people on a "need-to-know" basis, myself. Not only in witchcraft, but in most aspects of my life.

Being a "gay" {I hate to use that term, because it's not the man part I'm attracted to, it's just often the personalities of men I find most attractive} witch, I'm out of the traditional closet, and have a "window in the broom closet," you could say. I'm not keeping my practices secret from anyone, but I don't go blabbing about it. I tend to be very vague about my practices. When family or friends ask, I often simply tell them I'm "working on a project."

I've never been one to condone lying, but like I said earlier, in my opinion it's best to keep everyone on a need to know basis. When your parents or grandparents need to know, say you get a boyfriend (considering the fact that I'm sure that would be the more problematic relationship in this case) or when their ignorance starts hindering your spell-work or religious beliefs, then I say tell them. Followed promptly by a - "This is my life, I'll do with it what I please-" speech.

Hope that helped. :)
A little.... ;)
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

It did help. Quite abit actually.

I do thank you! I will try to keep them on a need-to-know basis, it will probably be easier than anything else.

Thank you so much! yellow1
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes

Return to “Teen Concerns”