All About Ouija Boards

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Rein

Post by Rein »

Well, if ye must know, I must also have an "unpopular" view of ouija boards! I agree with Raven451, like attracts like! If your going to use an ouija board, my advice is you cleanse everything, including yourself first! Then it's all about open minds and good intentions. I mean, think about it, if you go out and ask a stupid question, only a stupid person will answer! Same thing with spirits, bad question = bad answer!

I really do hope Arianna is around, because I'm very eager to know what an imp looks like!! Maybe THAT'S what I'm seeing when I keep thinking my cat Kirara's in my room....Then again, it might also explain what my cat Kirara is chasing through the house at night....

:shock:
killawa

Post by killawa »

I have a board that is dated on the back with 1910 and it is wooden and real big...... Also I have the moving thing that was in it's orginal box from 1916. I don't know why I keep them around I haven't used them for 11 years. I guess they have a hold on me. smiley17b
Killawa :wink:
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Ouija Boards really intrigue me, always have, but I don't dare use one in case bad Spirits come through, it's just not worth the wisk! I would like to though but haven't plucked-up the courage and it's not the kind of Spirit(s)/Energy I want to be attracting.
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Saria

Post by Saria »

missy wrote:I refuse to use ouija boards, I had a bad experience with it, I would say it's been about a good 10yrs ago, Myself and my ex purchased one. When the time came to ask it something like show us a sign the " cursor" (dont know what you call it) moved! I was freaked! well we put it in the closet and all that night we felt a uneasyness in the house coming from the closet i felt like we really invited something evil in the house. Needless to say i threw it away the next morning. I will not ever use that again. They really do work if you ask my opinion, but you never know who or what you're inviting from the "other side"
I would advise people not to use them.
I wouldn't exactly consider that a bad experienced. It worked but why buy one if you're not planning on using it? I don't like the cursor personally. I think I'd buy the board, and throw it away and use a pendelum.
In the land of twilight under the moon...
sofia

Post by sofia »

I am extremely leery of ouija boards...I bought one reasoning that it is only a game made by a toy company...cardbaord and plastic nothing more. I don't really understand why, but I do believe that there is something about the ouija board that attracts lower entities.
I bought an antique board on ebay and put it in my bedroom closet...I never even used it, but I had some very frightening dreams which included a warning from my spirit guide ( I think) to get rid of the ouija board right away.
I believe that a few people owned the board for years and that there was an entity who liked the attention and had sort of attached himself to it..people became obsessed with it and he enjoyed manipulating the living. In my dream my spirit guide ( a man I had never seen before...I am assuming it was my guide, although I always pictured a woman..weird)
said " He has found it" and he held out his hand to the closet where the board was..he told me that he could hold him (the entity) back for a little while , but I needed to get rid of the board immediately) ...I feel as though I should have destroyed it, butI was afraid of what could happen.
This entity was not a nice man in life and his nastiness has only deepened in death.
I sold it on ebay, but I did so with a warning....I got an email a few weeks later from the woman who bought it letting me know that it frightened her and that she was going to get rid of it as well.
For at least a solid year after I sold the board I could feel a very negative energy in my bedroom...even hearing a male voice say something in my ear and sitting on my bed...to say I was frightened is an understatement.
We bought a new house last month and I have to say that a ouija board will never find it's way into this house.
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

Well last week I bought my first spirit/ouija board. I love it, it looks smart.
I have done them before when I was younger.

Anyway my dad came through which was nice, he's informed me that I'm pregnant, I was 4 days and it's a boy, and it'll be fine.
2 days later I did it again, it said I was 6 days then after midnight it said I was 7 days pregnant and I will do a test on the 7th of september and it'll show positive.

Bearing in mind I have only 1 ovary, Endometreosis a tilted uterous and the hormone coil in, So its very unlikely but there is that tiny chance.
I don't know, I do believe in the board they've never lied before but I still find it hard to believe.
Opinions welcome. :)

Blessed be
Aphrodite
XXX
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I too have unpopular opinions of oujia boards. I think it's a tool, like anything else. I think it's something that needs to be respected, and used with care. I don't have one myself, but a friend of mine uses one from time to time.

He had some bad experiences early on, when he was using it with friends who made fun of it and did it while drunk... and that's stupid. Using a divination tool while drunk is ASKING for trouble.

On the other hand, when he uses it with people who are clear about their intent to speak to good spirits, cleanse the place before and after, and use a circle of protection, he's had NO problems. In fact, he even used the board to get rid of the negative beings that accumulated after early unfortunate uses of the board.

His first experience was at a party, with drunk people, as a party favor, and they did have poltergeist activity. He went from atheist to pagan because of his experiences with the board.

So yeah, ground and center. Make sure everyone present does that. Cleanse the area. I think that intent to talk to beings and see the beings, as well as the fear of the Oujia board itself, can manifest into critters that take up residence is what happens with the people who have those bad experiences. As long as you feel that they won't go away until the board does, well... that's what happens. Also, it's possible that those "things" were there all along, and one didn't notice them until you used the board and got more sensitive to one's environment.

Well, that's my theory, my less than two cents. :-)
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

Does nobody have any comments or opinions about my experience, any thing would be appreiated. PLEASE. :)

I have also read my tarot cards and they've said the same thing.

Blessed be
Aphrodite
XXX
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I don't know, aphrodite. Go buy a pregnancy test and find out for yourself. I don't know how far along you have to be for it to work, though. Divination tools can give you a heads up but don't rely on it to tell you everything. If it says you're pregnant, go take steps to confirm then prepare if you are. Or it might be lying; I know you said you've never had it lie to you before, but they definately have to me so I take everything in them with a grain of salt.

Oh, and start making sure you're healthy (if you aren't already) to carry a baby. Whether you're pregnant or not :)

If you are, congratulations!
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

The body is an amazing thing. If that one ovary works, it is possible you are pregnant. Unfortunately, in oder to verify this, you need to wait and give yourself a test, Aphrodite. Of course, you want to be balanced in your considerations, things like: do you have a regular male sexual partner?
Do you have a sense of time when you get those results? Is it NOW, or is it later? That kind of thing.
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

I am married, I'm not to sure what you mean by sense of time, if you mean when I'm asking if i'm pregnant it says i'm pregnant now, I did a test last friday it was neg but i've since read the info leaflet and it says if you don't know when your period is due don't do the test until 19 days after sex it was only 13 days, so I'm going to do another test this friday.

Blessed be
Aphrodite
XXX
FaeSpirit39

Post by FaeSpirit39 »

Personally, thru my own my one and only experience with an Oujia Board, I don't think they are evil persay, but they are definitely NOT a welcome source in my household.

Too many bad things can come thru with one. I will never use one again and anyone who is around me, I tell them they can go else where if they want to use it. I get goosebumps when I am in the presence of an already charged board.
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

Its ok guys false alarm, but I did go the docs about it, ended up in hospital pain like never before, had a scan I have a 3cm cyst on my right ovary, they said my left 1 was fine, ha I said thats funny considering it was removed 18 months ago.Got to go back to clinic for another scan they don't know what it is.
Oh well, I'll be fine coz I'm a battle axe, :lol:

Thanks for the replies.

Blessed be
Aphrodite
XXX
Ice_Witch

Post by Ice_Witch »

Well, I've used the Ouija board three times with my friends already. Nothing bad has happened, even if it does I think I can handle it.

Although my family disaprove of the Ouija board they have always told me that if something like that comes, then I shouldn't fear it, because our guides are always there, and that if we have faith in them, they're more powerfull than they seem.

Although, I have a friend who's also been there who's been a bit nervous all three times, I'm thinking of not letting her do it next time, she also said she felt that something was pressing against her chest.

(We took in diferent amulets for protection. I took a bell {I believe they ward off evil spirits} she took a lucky amulet of hers and the other friend we did it with took a crystal for protection.) Where she felt it was pressing was were her lucky amulet was.

Anyway, I think that if she goes into it when she's nervous we might actually atract an evil being. Or she might get hurt, or we might get hurt or someone else, who knows?
Solitary_Wiccan

Post by Solitary_Wiccan »

I myself would never use the Ouiji board. I have always been told they bring nothing but pain, fear. An unecessary door to which unwanted beings can manifest.

Best to stay clear IMO.

Return to “F.A.Q.”