All About Ouija Boards

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

LeoMoon wrote:My friends and I have wisely stopped using Ouija boards. The first time I used one with my friends I got chest pains and they told me that using a ouija board is allowing spirits a pathwat to contact you and they can cause you pain. I also learned that when you ask a spirit to show you a sign you are opening up a doorway that you may not be able to close. Sadly, unhappy spirits are most commonly contacted through the ouija board, this can be because of the user's state of mind or their location. If you insist on using a board I would suggest using it in a circle but even then it's still risky, from my experiences. I don't think using a board is any different from using other forms of divination except it calls on other spirits to answer your questions instead of your subconcious. It's not a toy.
I totally agree. I mean not all spirits are good and not all of them tell the truth. I say if there is a safer way... go for it instead
**Nothing is set in stone**
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Yeah...I don't have one either, I'm just considering other possibilities. But I suppose it's not sensible to risk it.
Yavanna

Post by Yavanna »

ICKIE ICKIE ICKIE!!!! I refuse to use Ouija boards! Nasty, nasty, nasty! I had a demon come and claim to be an angel at a party (I was just watching others use the board). When questions didn't get answered, the board suddenly started claiming that there was an old chimney in the backyard where a murderer had lived and that we should all go out to see it...and then all sorts of horrible words and descriptions of hell started popping up. When asked it's name even worse things were revealed.

Never, never, never play with them. EVER!
Please. :shock:
Invoke

delicious ouija board!

Post by Invoke »

It'd be pretty cool to make an ouija board out of chocolate! (lol) I bet everyone would want one then! I should make a mold and create stuff like that and open a website called "Candy For Witches" :D

Invoke
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

A person I know, (an adult) told me about an experience they had with a ouija board....she was contacted by the not-so-friendly spirit who claimed to be the unborn child she had aborted..... :shock:
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
missy

Post by missy »

I refuse to use ouija boards, I had a bad experience with it, I would say it's been about a good 10yrs ago, Myself and my ex purchased one. When the time came to ask it something like show us a sign the " cursor" (dont know what you call it) moved! I was freaked! well we put it in the closet and all that night we felt a uneasyness in the house coming from the closet i felt like we really invited something evil in the house. Needless to say i threw it away the next morning. I will not ever use that again. They really do work if you ask my opinion, but you never know who or what you're inviting from the "other side"
I would advise people not to use them.
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Wolf wrote:A person I know, (an adult) told me about an experience they had with a ouija board....she was contacted by the not-so-friendly spirit who claimed to be the unborn child she had aborted..... :shock:
I don't know, but I guess spirits can tell fibbies just as well as we can. Not that I'm discounting it, not at all because you are probably right, but maybe it's a meanie ghost telling lies. I can't see why a baby would be so cruel....unless the aborting thing.....I'm going to shut up now.
the_learning_one

Post by the_learning_one »

In my expeirience iwont use the board... My stepsister, had an evil account with it.. And ever since She used it that house has something wierd about it.. If you want to know the story in full detail message me but i dont want to go allinto it.. I still get scared thinking about it!
wait until dark

Post by wait until dark »

one of my friends went on a crusie and they used an ouija board even though they were'nt supposed to and after they used it someone was drunk then killed himself in the elavator i find that freaky she thinks that dark spirits were relased after they used it
Elizabeth_Bennet

Post by Elizabeth_Bennet »

Ouiji BOards are evil. Stay away.. I advice.
KennyS32

Post by KennyS32 »

Well new to the group i have had many years of experience with the board... first of all the board is a tool and has no power on its own.. everything that is channeled comes from and through the intent of the users that are divining through the use of it.. all positive and evil or even silliness comes through with your intent..is it really from the other side.?.. I tend to believe that your own energy higher self may be channeling the response to and through you.. there are going to be many that argue and disagree with this.. but after session upon session with right intent and protection..i could write a book on the subject... with witness upon witness and testamonial and more that watched in astonishment....However you cannot play with it as it is not a toy and your own subconscious can scare the hell out of you if you let it.. it started with a scorpio girlfriend and myself pisces.. using it for divining.. we were precise with our intent.. Only that of truth, love and beauty can enter our experience.. thats all that came through.. we proceeded to channel books on love and healing..and like edgar cayce we offered help to people that came for healings.. and belleve me they came in throngs... we got to the point that we barely had a finger each on it whipping around so fast.. that it made believers out of doubting thomas's.. the one person who was the most against it, the devils advocate actually become the scribe as the planchette was moving so fast we could not keep up with it.. after long sessions then the run on sentences were broke down into words and my God , it just flowed..my friend perry went on to channel a complete book on healing using the board..over 200 pages long.. I did always protection prayers and words to assure that no evil or even negative entities could ever enter our experience.. also it takes 2 powerful minds and sensitives to work the planchette correctly.. everytime i watched others playing with it.. there were all kinds of erratic and foolish responses.. eventually I began channeling on my own as I moved away.. i still have my board but have not used it in over 15 -20 years.. just another tool that was on the path... so before you disagree think this... there is no good or evil but our intentions make it so.. yin yang.. black magick white magick.. we decide the choice.. believe what you may..always use with caution... a few reminders.. a good book that started out interest is OUIJA the most dangerous game by stoker hunt.. important tips and chapters say limit your experiences.. always with a partner, be positive with an energy that... like attracts like, prayers before and after, (we did) just because alot have had bad experiences, I know others that have had the opposite.. remember we have the power..but cannot embrace anything with fear in our heart.. only with Love and Trust..
None that has been written here is for argument or debate, for I will not .. believe what you will.. I am merely stating my own experiences that i have had in the past.. and nothing more... If you fear then yes stay away.. always follow your own intuition..
Starman
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks for your post Starman. I tend to believe the same as you. I have heard bad stories about Ouija boards, but since I don't really believe in demons, I have a hard time believing that evil spirits are associated with ouija boards. I think what you said makes a lot of sense. I still don't use them though because of all the bad experiences I've heard about and simply because I have no use for it.

KennyS32

Post by KennyS32 »

I know what you mean , I have no use for it either anymore.. as that was then and this is...now.. but what a wild time in was in that point of my life... :wink:
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

I've done them in the past (teens). I was taught how to use one by a lady who did them on a daily basis. one time I did one ( I started getting addicted) I hurried the goodbye to end it and didn't wash the glass properly, so he decided to teach me a lesson, he followed me back to our caravan (holiday home in Anglesey, north wales), and when I went to bed I was laid there and he started breathing heavily at the side of me, no body else was there, he was doing it right in my ear and I got pins and needles in my little finger, the one I touched the glass with. :lol:
I laugh about it now, he never came back and since I always make sure I finish it properly. Not done one for a while I might do one this weekend. lol
Hope people like the story, any questions let me know.

blessed be

LIZ (Aphrodite)
xxx
briar

Ouija Boards

Post by briar »

Having used the boards in the past - I can honestly state now - "Why did I do that?"

No one wanted to sit at the board with me folks - honestly. It was odd using it alone which I come to understand is a complete no-no.

This was me as teenager :oops: when it comes to board itself. This is me now :bounce: - Glad that I grew out of that stage of life.

Only question left is - how can we revisit it? :wink:

Briar

Return to “F.A.Q.”