All About Ouija Boards

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Tempest Flair

Re: All About Ouija Boards

Post by Tempest Flair »

I think that ouiji boards can be some one who takes precautions and understands the risks, but its not a parlor game to be played around with, which is why so many people only seem to hear about the negative stories. :(

I think that the materials that you make the board out of lend to its properties- like the correspondenes of certain woods, and certain metals or even crystals lend thee abilities to the board. :D

Heres the most beautiful ouiji board Ive seen so far, but it sold about a montha go on etsy lol.
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.250506935.jpg
Violette

Post by Violette »

I've always been terribly interested in Ouija, and I'm not too afraid of the consequences, although it might just be my teen invincibility complex. I would definitely try out a board session if I knew people who were willing to try with me, but.. I don't.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

I had one in my early teens. My friends and I sat in my basement with it. When we asked if there was anyone there, we saw a shadow move in a mirror against the wall behind the board. The piece was moving around and what we got was the "spirit" was a 19 year old young man named Jeremy. He had been a soldier, I believe in the civil war, if I remember right. I don't remember the conversation that we had, but I do remember feeling him kiss my cheek. I remember having the feeling he was around for a while, I would just talk to him and I felt as if he listened and cared. I am not sure if he's still around me or if he left. All I know is we had some other experiences that were not cool so we never touched it again.
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
hayal

Post by hayal »

me n my friend made a board-like thing out of little papers with numbers etc. but it has been so long n i think she was messing up with me. The other story is about my cousins wife. Her and her friends and her brother they had a proper board and using it randomly and the last time she used it a bad spirit haunted their house for a loooong while they had to call in a Hoca (from the mosque) to make it go.

here the story gets even weirder, here in Turkey they believe that there are water fairies and theyre mostly around where water is (we live on the coast so we have lakes and sea and river etc.) so after the expel her brother started going to the lake every day sitting there by hours and hours and he day by day he started acting all weird and finally got mental.he was harmless but very unstable and he hardly spoke.he told his sister that he was in love and that they were going to have a family etc. cant remember all the details now. he was like that for around 10 years. last year they found him dead in the fields....

i dont want to scare anyone, or it might even sound silly but its a true story.unfortunately. the other thing i do (involving spirits) is the fortunetelling with the spoons. its the one thing made me really believe in spirits but many weird and annoying things happened after that so im not doing that neither...i believe they are as curious as we are and some of them are actually bad or bored :) and they like to manipulate people.

blessed be
)m00nLit 0wL(
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

hayal wrote:...the last time she used it a bad spirit haunted their house for a loooong while they had to call in a Hoca (from the mosque) to make it go.
Hayal, the man in the video in my post about the jinn (further down the post, where he is trying to help a possessed lady by "converting" the jinn possessing her, so that it would not act malevolently anymore)

...is this man an example of a Hoca? I was going to say he was an Imam from a mosque, but I wasn't sure if he was, so I didn't write that (glad I didn't).

In Western culture, someone who specializes in this kind of work might be called an "exorcist." In Catholic Christianity, I believe some priests are trained to do this, as it is often dramatized in movies like The Exorcist, etc. And this work seems to be in the job descriptions of most shamans around the world, as well.

Thanks.

hayal

Post by hayal »

hi Kassandra, i watched the video. it could be a hoca or an imam... i cant tell the difference because both of them they could wear the cape with the hat... and he wears them,,,its almost the same tho,both of them they can do an exorcism.
*Imam is a person who leads the prayer in mosque during Islamic gatherings and can also be leader to the mosque.
*The word hoca is used in Turkish meaning teacher,religious leader.

love & light
)m00nLit 0wL(
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

hayal wrote:...it could be a hoca or an imam...its almost the same tho, both of them they can do an exorcism.
Ah, I see. Thank you. :wink:

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've been distrusrful of Ouija boards for a long time, but I may revisit the idea.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
hayal

Post by hayal »

I bought a moonstone pendulum today and weve just finished a sesion with my cousin n my best friend. We used the pendulum on a board. It went quite well. The spirit was a 24 year old girl. She was drawn and she said shes still in love with her boyfriend. At the middle of the session she was really energetic and after a while she said shes tired and she left. It was so sudden that i thought she might be afraid of something....coz she was very talkative at first....any ideas??
)m00nLit 0wL(
Wicce Lorrie

Post by Wicce Lorrie »

I didn't realize there was a Ouija Board sticky here so I'm transferring over here what I had said about the board at another thread, for more information:

I have used Ouija Boards/Spirit Boards for about 30 years. This is my favorite divination item. I have not had any bad experiences with the boards. I have even made one of my own, using raw wood.

All divnition could be dangerous if used improperly. Unfortunately, Ouija Boards is the only one that gets a bad rap which always have puzzled me. For instance, with pendulums, a spirit is there to move the pendulum--same as moving a planchette.

Just by getting into witchcraft/paganism, one is more susceptible to meeting evil spirits if you don't know what you're doing. There are spirits that could pose as Gods/Goddesses. Pagans are most susceptible to worshiping evil spirits because of the nature of our practice/religion is so open to worshipping many Gods/Goddesses if you want (I only worship a God/Goddess duality of one). So it's extremely important to know what kind of spirit you worship.

There are ways to know for sure if a spirit--on a Ouija Board or where ever--is decieving you. It's a matter of doing research and studying to become knowledgeable on it. For those interested in knowing more about Ouija Boards, I would strongly suggest reading the book, "The Mediums' Book" and "The Spirits' Book" both by Allan Kardec. Both pretty much tell you all you need to know about Spirit Boards and Spirits in general.
Wicce Lorrie

Post by Wicce Lorrie »

hayal wrote:I bought a moonstone pendulum today and weve just finished a sesion with my cousin n my best friend. We used the pendulum on a board. It went quite well. The spirit was a 24 year old girl. She was drawn and she said shes still in love with her boyfriend. At the middle of the session she was really energetic and after a while she said shes tired and she left. It was so sudden that i thought she might be afraid of something....coz she was very talkative at first....any ideas??
She could have been scared off by another spirit...From my understanding, in a situation like that, if a spirit (or ghost) comes to you troubled, they usually want something from you (or to comfort you in some way, especially if you know them, like if you are still mourning for them), like to send a message to someone, like needing to send a message to her boyfriend, similar to the way like a psychic would get requests from the other world to relate messages to the living.

I always find experiences like these very interesting and of all my years of using Ouija, I, to my knowledge, have never had a spirit of a deceased person.

With me, Ouija is vague about who they are, but then again, I very rarely ask questions about Ouija. If I ask for their name, they always say, "Ouija" and I don't press for further info on name. I'm definitely not afraid of Ouija but am very respectful, like I would be when talking to an old very wise spirit.

But my intuition, my impression I get with Ouija for me is they are very similar in personality, and they are extremely polite (although may not answer all my questions, to which one should never try to "force" it out of them; either forget about it or wait another day and ask it again). Ouija acts professional toward me but friendly. The spirits that come to me feel more like angels or some other higher spirits advising me, as I always use Ouija for advice in personal guidance about important issues in my life and how to solve it when I need help.

I hear stories about how Ouija jokes around and plays games with them and such....I'm thinking, "What?" I can't imagine Ouija being that way with me. And if I were to ask a silly question, the board is silent, but one is to never ask silly questions because you make yourself more susceptible to getting evil, lying spirits answering you.
hayal

Post by hayal »

Yes they usually ask for help to give a msg etc. But she didnt ask for it. my cousins lil bro drawned a few years ago. I thought that she might wanted to speak with her to comfort her a bit. Cause she said she was happy n that the place she is now is not to be afraid of. But she didnt wanna move on cause of her boyfriend n that our lil angel is in paradise n his doin fine .......
)m00nLit 0wL(

Return to “F.A.Q.”