All About Ouija Boards

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

If people have very bad experiences they are going to dislike it. I had a lot of good things happen.
My dad had a very bad experience with one in college, they got a poltergise ( probably spelt that wrong :oops: ) it threw things around the room, he won't even watch a horror film now.

blessed be
LIZ (Aphrodite)
xxx
Lunacreek

Post by Lunacreek »

MM,
My one experience with a ouiji board, I was 13 & knew nothing on magic, witchcraft, etc. My older sister & her husband were given one as a present. She loaned it to me as a toy to play with. They didn't believe it would do anything. One day I took it to my bedroom & alone because I had no one to do it with. I set it up & just got the tips of my fingers over the top of the thing not even touching it & it started moving & sending some kind of blue energy up my left hand into my arm. I jerked my hands away & sat there scared out of my wits, then i hurriedly grabbed it & put it up. Never touched one sense.

Lunacreek
Lamaria

Post by Lamaria »

i've my own board.i never had bad experience with it.i always have a picture of a person i want to talk to,it's my grandma i was very close to.i still don't know if i really believe that i talk to someone or just it's my imagination i'm talking to...don't know how to explain really...but while doing that i feel very relaxed and kinda happy.i hope it will stay that way...
[LunaRose]

Post by [LunaRose] »

:shock: Wow People! I have to say I have pretty bad feelings about this board, but I'm glad that not everyones experiences with it are bad. I had one when I was about 13 and two of my best friends along with me made a very feeble attempt at contacting Jean Benet Ramsey to find out what happened to her. ( Hey, we were kids) :oops: Anyways nothing happened. I kept it under my bed after that and the thing just kept sending me the scariest vibes ever! SO I got up the guts to actually touch it to throw it away. (in the daylight)

Deviating a bit, I have actually seen variations of this board that were meant to be more positive. At my New Age store there is the Angel board. It is blue with fluffy white clouds and angel pictures. Popbably used for contacting angels and spirit guides. Anyone know of anything simmilar?
I have returned from the ashes and I am reborn.

LunaRose
Lamaria

Post by Lamaria »

when i was like 10 or something years old,me,my brother and 2 of our friends took a piece of paper,a needle,and a candle.we made a circle with numbers and letters.we concentrate on one person (can't remember who it was) and asked a question when will war in croatia (i'm from croatia) ended.numbers were 199...and it stopped.
the war ended 1999.i've read somewhere that ghosts ain't gonna give a precicse answer.i know that the last number wasn't shown but it's freaky anyway.
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

when I used one I always had to make my own, I've never seen a board for sale in any shops near me, ( wigan) If I ever saw one I would probably buy it but store it safely some where with protection around it.

blessed be
APHRODITE
XXX
Awen

Post by Awen »

my dad wont go near them. hes quite skeptical generally but he was at a party one night when he was younger (when he had just met my mum) and some friends of hers were all around the table doing it. he refused to put his hand on the glass and said it wasnt real. and they said ok ask a question then. from the other end of the room he said "what was my mothers name?" and it spelled it out. (no one knew dad well enough who was on the glass to know the name, and its not a common name) he walked away but said it really threw him. he said he would never do it because he knows theres something in it and hes very skeptical and doesnt usually believe in stuff like that but it happened.

i used it a couple of times, a few years ago. once was with a friend of mine and we did all as it says above in another post, sent white light and protection around the board, to ourselves and any spirit that came through, we said we only wanted positive spirits and no negativity and we asked for it in peace and love, (you know, all that stuff, haha). The spirit said it was my grandmother who I had never met (my dad's mother) of course you dont know if it was but i felt really positive about it ... and I had a good experience (although the room was really really cold for ages afterwards). I did it again a bit later and again I had good experiences, but then one day I decided "I've had good experiences with it, I've done what I needed to do, I wont use it again" and I havent... I feel nothing bad really but I just dont feel comfortable any more and (again, as mentioned above by somebody else) I think intuition is really important with these things.

The most important thing I think is to do a protection spell before AND after, make sure you open and close properly. And definitely dont antagonise the spirit, it is something to be respected... but no one here is silly, we all know that right? ;-) ;-)

Awen x
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

missj544 wrote: the " cursor" (dont know what you call it) moved! I was freaked!
no offense but thats how boards work....there supposed to move
-lydia
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

does ne1 know any good protection spells to use with it?

also , when i use one,i make it myself. (my storebought one has a broken pointer) i usually use a mirror or whiteboard and a dry erase marker. the pointer/cursor thing is a scrap of plastic with a pentagram on it in blue(blu for peace). is it safe to do it this way??

if not, any suggestions??
-lydia
Arianna

Post by Arianna »

I freaked out my mom once with the Ouija board she had. It wasn't the normal one, but an oracle kind of one,.. she called it that anyway.

First of all my mom is one of those people who only do pagan stuff when she thinks its cool. I was interested in it not because of spells, but because it was interesting. She just wanted an easy way out.

Not a good way to become a pagan....

Anyway. She had unfolded the thing and put the little round bobbit thing on it, and was watching me as I straightened it out. I reached out to touch the bobbit and it moved (darted) across the board as if I were playing tag with it.

On the more common one, they have a triangular bobbit, made of plastic and with a lens, on pegs. I freaked her out worse making it flip over when I went to touch it.

Thing is, at that point I was pissed off and annoyed at her because she was playing with something like that because it was a toy, and because she wanted to be cool. I didn't want to do it, but she would make me come in and use it with her. I guess I had others in the room that agreed, and they helped me prove to her that Ouija is NOT a game.

We burned the common one, but I think she has her oracle board still. Thing is, now I've got a bunch of little imps running around my room. None of them bad (imps being shadow like critters/things you see darting around out of the corner of your eye)

One of them is about the size of a cat. I thought we actually had a cat in the room because I was fixing my contact and brushing my hair (I'm coordinated ^_^) and saw it out of the corner of my eye, and turned, and about jumped out of my skin when it didn't go away like they normally do. It stayed there a bit longer and was gone. Not too much longer, but long enough to catch a full on glimpse.

There's another, about man sized that stands by my jacket hook (I'm in a dorm room, so this is all within like 14x14 feet) Freaked the hell out of me when I saw it the first few times. Kinda still does, but hasn't caused problems as of yet.

I have Bob the ghost as well, but I think he's just a follower. He haunted my first dorm room, and has been with me since. He's great, although he had a tendency to throw things at my head my freshman year. I just wish he would fix our tv now.

There was one spirit that scared the hell out of me. I was going to the bathroom one night (having made a Ouija board with a friend of mine, it seemed dysfunctional, but I guess it wasn't) and there was this shadow... darker than the dark in the room, with a crimson outline that whispered to me "Go to bed!" And I about peed my pants... luckily I was just coming from the bathroom and didn't have to worry. Safe to say I ran up the stairs about killing my toes. My dad got pissed and yelled the same thing at me a few seconds later!

So in other words, don't mess with these things, you get spirits hanging around you even if your only playing! You get some of the worst if you don't beleive it actually works, or are goofing around. It's my mother's fault that she didn't do this in a serious way, but in all reality, the few spirits and imps I've got right now keep me company. I just don't want that other thing with the crimson outline back... THAT wasn't cool, it felt sooooo mean!
willow02

Post by willow02 »

We used a ouiji board a long time ago and some really bad things started happening. Alot of the things that were spelled out came true (like my dad had a heart attack and a good friend died in a wreck), but then everytime we would use the board, only bad spirits would come through. When we quit using the board, spirits filled our house. They would follow us down the hallway and pull my hair or breath on my neck. The worst thing that happened was one night, I had laid down on the couch, I heard someone pull in the driveway and went to get up, but couldn't. It was like someone had me pinned down on the couch. I couldn't move and couldn't talk. The whole room smelled like old sweat. When the front door opened, it went away. We cleansed the house, but every so often still have something that shows up. Needless to say, I don't use ouiji boards anymore!
TheDeadlyEntity

Post by TheDeadlyEntity »

I have 4 or 5 boards kicking around my house, I have tried to use them on a number of occasions with no luck, I think its all a load of rubbish myself. They just don’t work its nothing more then a game. Ye I know loads of people that say they work and they have even tried to prove it to me (with no luck). They either, cheated and pushed the pointer or nothing happened.

I really would like to see one work, but I cant see it happening
[url=http://www.deadlyentity.co.uk][img]http://www.thehigherentity.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tde/art/banner.jpg[/img][/url]
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

my ouija board was missing (somewhere in the abyss of my room)
so my friends and i made our own out of a mirror. we wrote the letters and everything on it in marker and we used a piece of plastic for a pointer-thing.
it was really freaky because the pointer moved so fast-REALLY fast. it was freaky. my friend got scared though, so we stopped.
-lydia
Raven451

Post by Raven451 »

I have probably an unpopular opinion on the Oiuja..I have been using one since I was 16..For the most part I have used one with just my best friend through out the years...I have never had a really bad experience with them either..We have one spirit for the most part that comes through on our board..I wouldn't use one with just anyone..ok see..I have the opinion that like attracts like,..If you are go on there with a disrespectful attitude or use it with someone who has one..or even with someone whom has a more Dark Energy about them..then it is quite likely that you are going to attract a Dark Spirit as well..I have up to this date never had that happen..The spirit on our board seems to be very good at predicting dates..He predicted the day my son would be born 5 months in advance..same with my daughter...predicted me meeting someone years in advance..Told me this person's name..and was correct...So ok..If you are choosy about who you use one with ..like attracts like..you look for Evil..you will find it..I'm 34 and have used it for 18 years...without one really bad experience,,.they are not evil..IMO
kittiekat93

Post by kittiekat93 »

I really want to get an ouija board or angel board, but my Aunt, (her sister is a witch, and magick runs in her family...) says i shouldnt get one ever, or if i really must, once i really know what i am doing. And my dad doesnt know that i am intrested in this sort of 'stuff' and he would probably ban me from having anything to do with it, :cry: so i dont know where i would hide it. i really want one, but i would probably get an angel board or something besides an ouija board.

Kitty
Kitty :type:

BTW I might not be on here very much anymore, because my dad installed net nanny, and he doesn't know I am into 'this kind of stuff'

Sorry for any common questions or dumb answers.. im mostly new at this..

Return to “F.A.Q.”