Beware of the cards!

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Greek_Male_Witch

Beware of the cards!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I really enjoy sharing my knowledge with new witches/wiccans, I don't know if you have a Tarot deck, but most of us we have one, its not something that is required so you can be a witch, but if you decide to buy a tarot deck follow those tips and your cards will never let you down.

1)I LIKE THIS ONE BETTER! Always buy the tarot deck that "clicks" to you, even if it has a higher price than the others, its better to save money so you can buy the one you want, than buying the one you don't like so much.

2)IT'S ALIIIIVEEE! Hahahaha I just want you to know that, I see tarot cards as something alive, not that I hear voices LOL, but they are a tool, an alive magical tool, if you treat them right, they will treat you right, so be careful of those cards, don't bend them or damage them, they won't work!

3)DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FREAK! might be the phrase that your cards would say to someone else but you! oh yeah, never let other people and especially those who you don't trust, to touch those cards, he/she will transfer them his/her negativity, and then bye bye accurate readings!

those 3 tips, are very important, and I hope you will find them useful!

***CORRECT ANY MISTAKES****
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

A girl at school asked to touch my cards and i said no, i am sorry. she grabbed them anyways, so i took them to the pagan shop like a block away and had the lady there cleanse them, then i attuned it to myself again, it sucked.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: Beware of the cards!

Post by JBRaven »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:
3)DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FREAK! might be the phrase that your cards would say to someone else but you! oh yeah, never let other people and especially those who you don't trust, to touch those cards, he/she will transfer them his/her negativity, and then bye bye accurate readings!

When I read cards, I have the person I am reading for shuffle them, if they are able. I do not get "false" readings from the cards after someone has touched them. My readings are not from the cards, they are from within, the cards are just a medium in which I perform my art. As for the people who have no faith in the cards, I tend not to do readings for them because they don’t ask. So I never have a problem with them touching my cards.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

JBRaven wrote:
Greek_Male_Witch wrote:

When I read cards, I have the person I am reading for shuffle them, if they are able. I do not get "false" readings from the cards after someone has touched them. My readings are not from the cards, they are from within, the cards are just a medium in which I perform my art. As for the people who have no faith in the cards, I tend not to do readings for them because they don’t ask. So I never have a problem with them touching my cards.
ill let them cut the deck, but only if i am there to say ok.
missmelodygrace

Post by missmelodygrace »

I'm completely different .... i allow the person I read not only to shuffle the cards but to choose them too

I have always been aware that few people do this but it is how I do it and I have always had good readings

Also I have used the same deck of cards the entire time i have been reading ....
Laugh your head off, dance in the rain.
Cherish all moments, ignore all the pain.
Live, Laugh, Love, forgive and forget,
Life is too short to live with regret.
TheBlackDahlia

Post by TheBlackDahlia »

I don't let others touch my cards, but I'm an empath so I don't have a hard time connecting onto someone's energy.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

People know that they need to ask before touching my cards. When I do readings for people they shuffle them because I need the cards to absorb their energy for the reading but I do cleanse them after with some sage smoke.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:2)IT'S ALIIIIVEEE! Hahahaha I just want you to know that, I see tarot cards as something alive, not that I hear voices LOL, but they are a tool, an alive magical tool, if you treat them right, they will treat you right, so be careful of those cards, don't bend them or damage them, they won't work!

For your number 2, I feel that I should comment that part of showing respect for the deck is also in the questions you ask. If you ask a question that either you or the Quarent feels that they NEED answered, the deck will oblige. But if you are asking a question that you are not serious about, then the deck will not give you a serious answer.
For your number 3, I will only give face to face readings to people who I "feel" need a reading, which usually just hits me when I'm talking to them and I'll ask, out of the blue, if they would like a reading. Half of the time, they're even tell me once I ask that they had felt the link that had inspired me to ask as well and that sensation makes them quite open to hearing what my deck has to say, which is quite a wonderful experience. And because of the fact I give my face to face readings this way, I don't ask for any payment (although I have had people impressed enough to offer giving me something in return that wasn't money and without my asking) But, also from how I do it, I do not feel that I need to keep the people I give readings to from touching my deck, actually, although it is not how people previously in this thread have stated, my style includes it.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “Tarot Talk”