Is he joking?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
connor)O(

Is he joking?

Post by connor)O( »

Right so hey there,
right so my dad knows im wiccan and he says stuff like how he thinks the witchtrials :evil: should be brought back and the people then were "pricks who didnt know what they were doing" he just recently last night actually said that im living in a fairytale (meaning wicca) :x he laughed, looked at his gf then looked at me and looked back to her to see if she was laughing the question is , is he joking about it or being serious? :shock:
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
than you can understand.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Perhaps he would be interested to know that the witch trials never really happened.... Very, very, very few witches were ever burned to death, any who were executed were hung first normally.

In the UK you could probably count on your fingers the number of people killed for being witches.

Hes a moron though, though i hate wicca and i too think most of what it teaches is lies and fairytale stories it seems rather harsh to want you own offspring dead. Perhaps you should raise that point, that you consider yourself a witch, or at least as witchy as those killed for being witches, and that if he wants witches dead then it means he wishes you were dead.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Bleh, wicca pretends to be the one and only so fair is fair. Not all of wicca is rubbish but it does teach a lot of crap to be honest. Nothing wrong with being wiccan so long as you expand your horizons too.
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

I do believe Wicca has alot of truth in it, it also has many lies.

Onto the main question, I suggest saying what shadow says, and then if you do it in a public place and he still acts that way you can scream and run out saying "I can't believe you want me dead!"

Though I wouldn't actually suggest doing that :P
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

In my area were quite a lot witch trials. We also read the "Hexenhammer" at school and had it in history class. But I was never truly interested in history. They didn't burn a lot witches, but did you ever read what they've done instead? Until they confessed there just wasn't anything left to burn normally.

And he is probably be serious. But serious doesn't mean he knows the actually truth. You can be serious with all sorts of lies and stories ;) You could be living in a fairy tale, maybe you are, mabye you're not. But what against fairy tales? I like those. You can live in one, if it works to you, but it's important to let it be a fairy tale which leaves you able to live and communicate with the rest of the world.

Frankly, everyone just lives in there dream, no one really knows the truth. Only cause a majority shares the same dream it doesn't become the ultimate truth. So as ling as your "fairytale" fits well enough with those "stories of reality" of the others to live with it, everything is perfectly ok.
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

erm to the person with the pentagram sorry forgot your name... wicca doesnt not pretend to be the one and only as you put it we believe that all paths lead to the same destination etc so your wrong there maybe its the wiccans youve met but wicca isnt a shove it down your throat bible theory :?
than you can understand.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

too many people come here thinking that all witches are wiccan and all pagans are wiccan. Either those people are stupid, or wicca tries to be the one and only (or it simply doesnt teach the whole spectrum)

My gripe with wicca is it is too goody two shoes "A curse? Fear not! The love of the lord and lady will save you, just say a prayer when you see the moon and you will be safe" Absolute bull.... or the whole three fold law, again, bull. Not harmful magick... Bull. Im not a bad person per say, but if i were to come under attack i can assure you, if i knew the methods and target, that i would not simply pray to some god or goddess and imagine a silver bubble or something, i would send everything i had back at that person with every intention of making their life hell until the attack stops, but in wicca thats bad apparently... It's like someone starting a fight with you and all you do is lay on the floor and curl up into a ball. Its pathetic and useless! you need to stand up, punch them as hard as you can in the face, maybe kick em in the balls or break their nose (when the nose is broken the eyes water and puff up etc... so it is harder to see) and then run the hell outta there. Perhaps in time wicca will mature but for now it is just a 60 year old "religion" that needs to grow up and be tested in the same way other religions have so it can outgrow the silly little parts and become something.

for now, in my eyes at least, it is just a new age fad and i admit it sucked me in until i felt it was too.... this sounds harsh but its how i feel... childish. Im only 21, i am by no means a wise old man. It isnt for me, if it is the path for you then good, i hope it serves you well. But dont be afraid to look left and right and see the things you will undoubtedly walk right past on the wiccan path.

this has become wicca bashing which isnt my intention so this will be my last post (unless i feel it really is necessary). If anyone wants to carry on the wicca bashing start a new thread and I'll see ya there ;)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Meh, im back! But I've only been up half an hour and i am not a morning person!

The thing is, wicca cant be diverse because it is a fairly structured religion. You have to obey the law of three, you have to believe in the god and goddess, you have to celebrate the 8 holidays (or at least the 4 major ones), believe the moon is essentially the goddess and the sun is the god (or at the very least believe that their energies are contained within/around)

Wicca isnt bad as such... but there are a lot of airheads within wicca, more so than other pagan traditions i would argue. Sure there are nice wiccans who are intelligent, mentally stable and all the rest of it and of course there are mentally unfit pagans too but i still feel that wicca attracts the wrong type of person for all the wrong reasons. Just like christianity and islam etc.. it has the right intentions but it just feels fluffy and "rose tinted" if you get my meaning.
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

funny thing is you say wicca is fluffy and rose tinted, but it teaches the harm none theory. And in some respects i see your point but theres a saying that says an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind and wiccans can send back anything negative they get we just cant manipulate people or harm anyone so technically us sending curses etc back isnt really us harming anyone its us defending ... i think the harm none clause only really applies when the castee has done nothing wrong :)
than you can understand.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I must admit i do sort of live by "harm none do as ye will" type thing whereby i dont give a damn what people are doing (sleeping with their own family, dancing naked in mud while flinging strawberries into the air, getting high) so long as it doesnt harm anyone. But at the same time if i see a situation where i feel violence will bring an end to the danger (eg if i am under threat or there is domestic violence going on) you wouldnt be able to stop me.... I would gladly kill that person, no remorse, no mercy, i would feel nothing, i would only laugh at their cries of agony and indeed i feel sometimes i could gladly torture someone to death (and i have thought out my method in great detail). Thats why i equate myself with fire. If you're nice to me and i think you are a good person i will help you, support you etc... but if i see you as an enemy you're going to be burned and burned badly. There's no middle ground!

Wicca does have useful teachings, as does any religion but at the same time wicca to me feels like someone needed to pad it out a bit and added loads of crap to make it bulkier without thinking it through. If Wicca stands the test of time then that stuff will drop out and it will "mature" as i put it into something with substance. But at the moment, given its youth it sounds like two people sat in a coffee shop and said "Right, some pagans worship gods others goddesses, let's just take one of each. Names? Erm..... Lord and Lady? Yeh why not... Wait! Didnt the romans think the sun was a god? Sorted. The goddess? Erm... we need the sort of opposite of the sun... the moon, genius! Right.... Rules.... I cant be bothered with loads so let's just have "dont hurt anyone and be good" done and done! Religious days.... Dont lots of pagans have that wheely thing, what's it? The wheel of the year? Aha! Yoink!" and so on.....

It seems like it is a mashup of things that already exist, sort of like one person's individual path of choice then turned into a structured religion. I cant make sense of it personally!
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

well all religeons are a "mash up" from the very first ideals so its a bit hard to avoid a mashup as you put it and when you mentioned the believeing in the harm none structure but would gladly kill someone if they were affecting you in any way then you could just banish them because killing them is ott you dont know if they have psychological problems :)
than you can understand.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Everytime that Shadowx posts what he doesnt care what people do, I always get stared at like I'm nuts XD laughing too hard at work
dancing naked in mud while flinging strawberries into the air
Some of the most colourful expressions come from Shadowx
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Hahaha cheers XD I do like my examples :P
you could just banish them because killing them is ott you dont know if they have psychological problems.
Could do... But that doesnt stop them doing it again. The way i look at it is that if you enter my space (IE physical distance, like getting up in my face, or emotional by affecting those i care aobut) you are in *MY* world, and in my world *I* make the rules and they dont have to be fair or reasonable. In here i am the only god that matters. Of course in practise the law and what not prevents a fair bit but meh... the day has yet to come where i need to physically defend myself, when the day comes i might get to use my sword fighting skills :D That'll be interesting!

Like i say, banishing is fine but... if you come under psychic attack, lets say and it makes you depressed, angry etc....you *could* banish them... Or..... you could make them regret the day they set eye on you and cause them so much emotional and spiritual pain that they beg for mercy only for you to deny it until they are little more than a spiritual whisp. You'll be safe any, depending of course how the spirit world works, not many other entities would even dare look at you the wrong way, let alone be stupid enough to try to mess you around ;)

Right, im off to go naked dancing... where did i put my strawberries.... :D
connor)O(

Post by connor)O( »

shadowx i disagree with that little statement because by doing EXACTLY what you hate them for is both hypocritical and brings you down to something on their level :idea:
than you can understand.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I Was going to reply yesterday but it was way too early for typing!

It does make me as bad as them, but then they are dead/paralysed/scared witless and im not so ultimately it is a victory. Of course it would be a hollow victory were it not for a reason for the violence. Let's take a thief.... actually here in the UK there is one guy who is 37 and has been to prison over 70 times, every year of his life he has been locked up on average, twice. Now... we could keep sending him to jail. Or we could tie him down and lop his hands of and beat him around the face with them. I admit slapping him with his own hands is a bit much but you see my point. It is a rather violent and horrifying experience but i have never seen a man with two stumps rob a shop, have you? :D

Find a rapist, tie him to a metal chair with his fingers held down individually and smash his hands with a sledgehammer until his fingers are nothing but mush. He wont go raping anymore.

Find an abusive husband. handcuff him with... let's say barbed wire, just for added "ouch" and beat him senseless with metal bars until he almost bleeds to death. Let him recover and kick him out on the street. His wife will be safe forever ;)

Vigilante action has its perils of course.... It isnt always justifiable and not always the right target is found etc... but as an example in a case where the criminal, or target, is proven guilty and is a repeat offender causing great harm it is a lot more effective then doing the equivalent of a banishing (IE sending them to jail).

While it might make me no better than them it would make those around me safer, which is more important.

Return to “Teen Concerns”