Need some advice

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Tigerlily*

Need some advice

Post by Tigerlily* »

MM all!!!

Just looking for some advice on something.

Lately my dreams seem to be blocked,I have not had a dream for about 2 months,well I am sure I am having them I just cant remember them,and if I do it is only bits and pieces of them.

Anyone got any advice on how to unblock my head,lol!Any spells,any advice!!!!!!!

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

BB!!!!

Tigerlily
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Recalling Your Dreams

Remembering your dreams will require some effort on your part. But what your dreams can offer and tell you about yourself will be well worth it. Here are some tips in helping your dream recall:

1. Before going to bed, keep a clear mind. Tell yourself that "I will remember my dream when I wake up". This is actually a proven and effective way to help dream recall. Having too many thoughts on your mind can distract you from remembering your dream in the morning.

2. Have a regular bedtime and wake up time. Make this your routine. Going to bed and waking up at a regular time every day aids in dream recollection.

3. Avoid alcohol consumption and taking medication before going to bed. These things may hinder you from remembering your dream. Eating fatty foods too close to bedtime can also divert bodily resources away from the brain. and hider dream recollection.

4. Keep a pencil/notebook or tape recorder next to your bed so that it will be within reach as soon as you wake up. You want to make recording your dreams as easy a task as possible. Having a small lamp by your bedside is also a good idea should you wake up in the middle of the night and want to record your dream immediately.

5. Upon waking from a dream, lie in bed for awhile keeping your eyes closed. Wake up slowly and stay relaxed. Hold on to the feelings you have and let your mind wander to the images of what you have just dreamt. Were you frustrated, terrified, or happy?

6. Record your dream immediately. Make it a habit that this is the first thing you do. Talking about your dreams to friends or participating in forums and chats also help you remember.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Orion

Post by Orion »

One trick, if you have free time in the afternoon, is naps. For awhile I would take a two or three hour nap in the early afternoon (my classes ended at noon so it worked well). Like moonlit says, go to bed clear minded and with an intent on remembering... and have something to write with close at hand. If you have ever meditated laying on your back (corpse pose/shavasana) it's a good way to start out as you let yourself go to sleep, because you can hold onto a single thread of thought.
Wish I could still practice it myself, but I'm home now and my mom believes daytime is for work... oiy.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”