Candle Help

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
reikihealer83

Candle Help

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi All,

I am working on my BOS and I have some candle classifications but I am looking for a list I can use to augment my BOS entry. Any threads here or idea of where to start? Thanks!

reikihealer
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

earth wolf wrote:what are you looking for candle color meanings? it might be my lack of sleep but i didnt really get the question :oops:
Yes I am looking for candle color meanings...its ok I am tired too lol. :)
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Candle Help

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic topic

Color lists vary by associations based on 5 elements, 7 chakras, 7 planetary vibrations, deities, seasons ... so candle color is flexible.

Elemental colors: Favored for simple magic
Air-intellect-yellow, 🟡
Fire-vitality-red, 🔴
Water-emotions-blue, 🔵
Earth-prosperity-green, 🟢
Aether-spirituality-purple 🟣

Chakras - favored by “light-workers” & healers
Crown: White - Devine truth, spirit contact ⚪️
3rd Eye: Purple - spirituality, higher-self 🟣
Throat: Blue - truth, fidelity, communication, focusing in meditation 🔵
Heart: Green - health, fertility, over-all well-being 🟢; self-confidence, peace - Pink
Solar Plexus: Yellow - intellect, knowledge, intuition, psychism 🟡
Belly Button: Orange - energy, tenacity, strength, courage 🟠
Sex Organs: Red, Magenta - power, passion, vitality, sex 🔴
Base of spine: Black - grounding, protection ⚫️

Planets: For standard magic
Sun-Sunday-healing-yellow, 🟡
Moon-Mon-psychism-white, ⚪️
Mars-Tue-conflict-red,🔴
Mercury-Wed-communication-turquoise, 🔷
Jupiter-Thur-finance-blue, 🔵
Venus-Fri-love-green, 🟢
Saturn-Sat-banish-black ⚫️
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

The above is a really good list,
I would also like to mention that these color correspondences are mostly across the board, they may be pertaining to the candle energy you may wish to send off, but the energy of these colors frequently translate to other aspects in life. Stones for instance, even if you do not know the specific energy of a stone, you can pretty much count on their energies by their color. Plants like roses, red/love, passion, power...white/purity, spirituality also translate this color system, Red poison oak, a warning to Watch out! Or bathe oneself in the color of a green field or forest to gain healing. Use blue light to promote calmness or when too much "blues" are in your life, counteract with orange light. This color wheel will help to see the balances of color. those opposite colors teach a lot about ourselves. Too angry? to the forest get thee!!! Been feeling depressed? a nice orange sunrise, or thoughtfully eating the color you need, oranges work well for this.
it is also an excellent mixing chart because the opposite of every color makes some shade of brown, and I consider brown to be grounding as well. When you are balanced in all the colors, one should be feeling safe and grounded.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I love color charts. Lovely examples of intuitive thinking often refered to as 'child mind logic' - which is not derogatory at all and within intuitive practice high praise - children are an intuitive powerhouse of 'belief' ❤

Alternative Elemental colors (from the artists palette of coorespondences).

Air - Yellow
Fire - Red
Water - Blue
Earth - Black
Aether - White
god - Gold
Goddess - Silver

The altar/ classical element/al Colors (and elemental names for that matter) are just another layer of coorespondence (being 'like the "thing" not the "thing" in of itself).

Some systems are complex and some are simple - for solitairies intuition is the best guide because the internal intuitive 'logic' is what is already 'dialed in' - you understand without needing to know it. Individuals gather and study coorespondences, make internal decisions on them and then set them aside like an internal mechanism, having created a spiritual dimension of coorespondence; a Thought=form. Groups however need conformity and work to an agreed set of coorespondences for the group egregore.

When you start practice you tend to gather a pile of group coorepondences from collective pile and with practice weed out and plant in what works for you (once you get over the doubt and confliction phase of any new practice). This is not such a haphazard idea because the 'collective' pile in itself has the spiritual residue of previous spiritual attention, intuitive logic and practice.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Corbin :D Glad you mentioned black as an earth color, black for the dark fecund loamy soil. That dark soil that holds our earthly bones at the end of this incarnation deep underground in a place of light absence. Compost! making the world fertile :fairy: ummm providing one has arranged for a green burial. halfsm
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Picked up Bucklands book of Practical Candleburning rituals ... then set it aside again..

Having seen so many stock coorespondances over the years, often without any attached rationale (even flimsy ones) explaining the choices made, I would suggest making a study into magic and Colour Psychology (something the Internet is practically awash with) and being guided by your intuition.

(LINK to one such site)
https://www.colorsexplained.com/color-magic-meanings/

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”