Books

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
Pessamistic Angel

Books

Post by Pessamistic Angel »

im going to be naughty and chuck something new into the equation (blame hedgie if the spelling is wrong)
what is the best or worst book you have read latly ?
or even a book you've never forgotton because you loved or hated it...
or just a book read recently .
i read a child called 'it' about a week ago and was mesmerised by it , ive also just finished "his dark materials" or otherwise known as , 1º the northern lights , 2º the subtle knife and last but not least 3º the amber spyglass .
i loved it all but the ending , anyone read any of these?

:roll:
Heaven Wouldnt Take Me And Hell Was Scared Id Take Over...
Yes, Im Evil. But Its Part Of My Charm.
darkestlight*

Post by darkestlight* »

I really liked the book The DaVinci Code and also a series Sabriel, Lireal and The Abhorsen, there good books but I cant remember who there by.
Lora
moon*beam

Post by moon*beam »

The best book ive read was called: River God by Wilbur Smith
But i read alot so i dont have a worst book yet
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

How do you make that degree symbol with your keyboard Pessimistic Angel? I'm curious.

I love "The Mists of Avalon" (fiction) and also "Journey of Souls" (non-fiction) by Micheal Newton Ph.D.

Orion

Post by Orion »

For symbols and such, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map (or somewhere near there). It shows you all the different symbols. You can either copy the one you want, or see if it has a command at the bottom right to make it (hold alt down and press certain numbers on the numpad). ° is alt + 0176.

Back to topic :)
I'm mostly a fantasy/sci-fi reader, meh. The one book that stands out would be "Talion: Revenant" by Michael Stackpole. Which is funny, because I normally prefer books of a series (Wheel of Time, Black Magician, Vlad Taltos, etc).
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Mists of Avalon - I love that book. Have you seen the film? For an interpretation of a book it's very well done.
I also loved The Da Vinci Code.
But my all time favourite book EVER has to be Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - The Trilogy of Four.
ABSOLUTELY BLOODY AMAZING BOOK!
I've read it about 5 times and will read it again. I'm looking forward to and dreading seeing the film, I just hope it does Douglas Adams justice.
You have to read this book if you haven't allready, but please read it before you see the film, just in case the film is crappy.

As for worst book, I really can't think of a book I haven't enjoyed in some form or another. Books to me are my escapism and I tend to get caught up in the plot of any book, and I really will read anything.

hedge
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I mainly read philosophy and theory as well as witchy books and astrology books. My latest fav is on the German philosopher, F.W.J. Schelling, called "The Conspiracy of Life" by Jason Wirth. Schelling simply rocks--he wrote over 200 years ago and his philosophies are still way ahead of us! Some of Schelling's own texts are simply mind blowing like "The Ages of the World," and "The Freedom Essay." As for witchy stuff, I am reading a text called "Wanding" by Evan Twede. This is a great text if you are a wanding practitioner. I am into this stuff and I have my Fitchel wand. Check out the wands here:

http://www.fitchel.com/Wands.html

I also use crystal wands and chakra crystal wands, but there is something about the wood that is quite special.

Happy reading folks!

Blessings,
bsp
_Snow_Falcon_

Post by _Snow_Falcon_ »

My favorite books are Dracula (in my opinion the ultimate love story), The Vampire Lestat, and the novelisation of Underworld. I'm really into vampires by the way :lol: .
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

I just finished reading Club Vampyre by Laurell K. Hamilton

BEST BOOK EVER!!! :shock:
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I watched Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.................................

CRAP!
Absolutely bloody CRAP!!!

Doesn't do the book justice at all. I couldn't even finish watching it, it was that bad!!!

hedge
AnuChild

Post by AnuChild »

I think my favorite books of all time would be a tie between The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul by Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's fame) and Le Morte D'Arthur by Sir Thomas Mallory.

...um, I'm a bit eclectic in my reading tastes.
Come, heart, where hill is heaped upon hill:
For there the mystical brotherhood
Of sun and moon and hollow and wood
And river and stream work out their will.

W. B. Yeats, Into the Twilight
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

My favorite author is H.P Lovecraft. He wrote some of the best short stories.

The best book I have read in years is 1984. That has to be an all time best.
Matt*

Post by Matt* »

My Fave Book of all Time has to be IT by Stephen King, or The DaVinci Code, Dan Brown

Awsome

Matt
Am I awake or am I still dreaming?
kriki

Post by kriki »

the mists of avalon
phantom of the opera
u anđeoskom liku zvijeri(i dont know its name on english but its book about vampires and it is very good)
pandora
moonwitch*

Post by moonwitch* »

I really LOVED The Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Childes ( think I spelled the name right ) ... it is a horror story .. but a smart horror story .. everyone I have given this book to has LOVED it also and has been hooked on these authors... It is an AMAZING story.... I also like David Brown....
Moon Witch

Return to “Book Reviews”