Keep falling asleep

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
mamma bear

Keep falling asleep

Post by mamma bear »

So I know I have a spirit guide or atleast a protector of somesort. (coming out of a couple near death events on the breathing side makes me a believer there) I have been trying a guided meditation that is suppose to help you find your angle or spirit guide. My problem with this is I keep falling asleep. I cant seem to make it past 10 min of an hour meditation. A few times I do remember dreaming about a great aunt of mine that I have always kinda felt she watches over me and once about my grandmother who i know without a doubt communicates with me in dreams and lastly and most recently about my dog that passed 3 years ago who my kids insists is still hanging around. (sorry for the rambling) So i'm not sure if the sleeping is just the meditation working of if there is something else I can try to either stay awake or try totally differently? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Keep a notebook nearby to record any dreams you may be able to recall, especially if the dream seems relevant to your question. That is, just in case you fall asleep.

As for staying awake, it takes practice. I take it you are laying down or at least leaning back on a cozy chair? If so, try changing positions so you will not accidentally go to sleep such as in the classic lotus position on the floor or by sitting in the chair but not leaning back on it (sitting up straight).
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

It's quite common to react so well on guided meditation that you will enter a deep trance. One of the things that can occur in deep trance is amnesia. So when you "wake up" you'll get the feeling of fallen asleep and maybe got some fuzzy memories of something. And this sounds excactly like it ;)

Do you just wake up in the middle or do you wake up when you should? If the last one is the case it's deep trance with amnesia for sure. But also when it's not the case it's likely you fell in deep trance but lost rapport so you won't listening to the guiding anymore.

So when it's only amnesia I will do a mantra before and afterwards like "I can remember what happens in trance" and directly after the mediation write down everything you remember, maybe even invent some things that could have happened. After a few days your ability to remember will increase.

When it's also a lost rapport you should try concentrating more on the voice of the guider and less to what he says. Just concentrating on the voice. This will help you to remain rapport. Also it's important you trust this voice. Maybe you just don't like the voice?
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Oh thank you both. I usually am lying down due to whne I'm able to meditate is around 9pm on a friday or saturday night. I will try sitting on the bed instead like you said Peregrine in the lotus position.

For Traumwandlerin... It is sometimes both...i think...Sometimes I wake up and time wise its been over the hour and it is replaying. Then sometimes I wake up and it it just just redoing the 1 minute intro. Most times when I wake up its an abrupt wake up. I will definately try the mantra thing as well. I will keep you guys update.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Update...I was able to meditate last night. And stayed awake but in a trance. I sat in the lotus position so that helped alot. I was able to connect to ....ok this will sound wierd but...my daughter that i never gave birth to. She is not my actual spirit guide(or atleast she didnt say she was) but she was taking me to meet one of them. I got the sense I have up to five guides/protectors. My daughter may be a protector. I'm not sure. I couldn't get a lot out of her. I can't wait to meet her again. The spirit guide she took me to meet is a great Aunt that passed over 10 years ago. There is a possibility I knew her in a past life also. I will need to explore that more as well. Thanks again guys for your imput.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I think it really made sense your daughter was there. Was it a miscarriage or an abortion? Both would leave a deep connection between you two. How did you take it? *hugs*

Having 5 protectors seems like a normal number. Also that you sensed the number before you met them.

Did you know your great aunt also in this life? What was your connection?

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”