My Spiritguide

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
ravenhecate

My Spiritguide

Post by ravenhecate »

I will start this out by saying my Wiccan name is Raven Hecate-Ana Spiritdancer. The reason I chose Spiritdancer is because I have been dancing with the Spirits since I was about 3 years old. That was the time when my Spiritguide first started appearing to me.

McFadden was the man who lived in my brother's closet. An odd place for a Spiritguide to appear, but none-the-less, the place where I first saw him. I was afraid at first. Who wouldn't be? But after a while, I got used to his presence. Soon he started following me wherever I went.

I always knew when he was present with me, because I would feel a slight pressure on right cheek...almost as if someone was gentle caressing my face. It was always a comfort to me knowing he was there.

As I grew up, McFadden started making his presence know in more physical ways. He would open and shut doors, or make things fall out of the cupboards if I was inattentive to him for awhile. If I had a friend that he didn't like, he would take things from that person when they were around. We would find car keys, combs and other small items in some of the oddest places. Once I came home from work and found my dress drawer open a crack about two inches wide, and lining that crack was several rolls of toilet paper from the bathroom. No one else had been my house that whole day. I had taken that as another sign of his displeasure for my negelct.

He also makes his presence known to people I care about, even when I am not with them. Once I was on a internet phone call to my friend who lived in Dubai. It was actually about a week before my friend flew to visit me for the first time. While we were talking, he got this very odd look on his face. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he had just got a strong whiff of whiskey. I started laughing because I knew McFadden had just paid him a visit. McFadden loves his whiskey and gets immense pleasure out of singing Irish drinking songs in my ear.

I have to say I have been very blessed in my life to have such a vocal, active Spiritguide. I realize that some people struggle to contact theirs, never really knowing if they have one, or if what they've experienced is really their Spiritguide or not. I've never had that problem.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

What positive things does this spirit guide bring into your life? You are only talking about messing up your apartement, steal things of others, smelling bad? I would get really upset with such a guide and would surely neglect him for acting that childish. So what does he give to you that you won't throw him out?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

But then a poltergeist is just german for "noisy ghost" if i remember correctly. So the term "poltergeist" doesnt really exist in a sense, it doesnt make the spirit any different to others, it just describes it's behaviour.

Though i too question how the OP is so sure that it is her spirit guide and not simply another spirit around her.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

That's why I asked ;) Also, finding it in the closet? *shudders* That just sounds wrong in my mind. But you know, it take all kinds, as long as she gets enough positive things out of this, I wouldn't argue. Maybe she just wanted to present the funny sides of his guie because all the ggod kinds are obviously there since it's a guide ;)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

the thing is, and perhaps this is because i dont adhere to the traditional models, a spirit guide is just a normal spirit. Like here at the school i work with we have staff who help out the kids with difficulties. You could consider the staff as guides, they arent special in any way except they have been educated to recognise and provide assistance for specific needs of the children. I would say spirit guides are the same.

Think of someone you love and feel that you help out, perhaps you are the one they turn to for advice, or a shoulder to cry on. Someone you want to protect. If you were to die tomorrow surely you would be by their side every day doing what you can from the other side. That would essentially make you a spiritual guide. Giving advice, assistance etc... You arent special, you're just a guiding spirit.

But still, there is a difference between a spirit and a spirit guide, just as there is a difference between ordinary staff and a learning assistant in a school.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

A Poltergeist is normally referred as destructive ghost and mostly associated with children and teenagers. Either a Poltergeist is created by a child or it looks for a child. This type of ghost is normally possesing the child, follow it around and is destructive in nature, but mostly without doing harm to the child, but either doing harm to others you could do harm to the child. So a Poltergeist, while being destructive is also protective, but not very strong. When it runs bad, the Poltergeist makes a lot of mess, the child is accused and taken to a therapist/childcare/prison. There are also cases, where the child dies due to exorcism. It's probably just an overenthusiastic entity which wants to protect but don't know anything about how this life works. And the limited power of it won't protect the child from the damage it does.

The Poltergeist normally appears in the beginning of puberty of neglected, mistreated or abused children who would never act out. Therefore there is a need of someone acting out, and this ghost loves acting out. That's why I referred this behaviour as childish. Some say it feeds off the inner frustration of the child.
ravenhecate

Post by ravenhecate »

First of all, some people actually like the smell of Whiskey, so "smelling bad" is a relative term. This Spiritguide has been there when I was upset, when I was going through rough times in my life. He has helped lead me to my spiritual path. And as much as he has messed up things around the house, he has also helped find things that went missing. And he has protected me in ways you can't even imagine.

I know that he is a Spiritguide because I have worked with him for all my life. At times in my life when I felt like I didn't have a friend, I would get the feel of his hand on my cheek and a feeling of great love would just wash over me.

The whole point of my post is that not all Spiritguides are alike. They aren't always Great Auntie coming back to check on you, they aren't always some nebulous entity that you can't see, hear or feel. I personally always appreciated his sense of humor, and his little antics was very rare and far between. I am 46 years old, so have known him for 43 years of my life. The people that he took a disliking to almost always turned out to be someone who was not really a true friend. The ones he liked and didn't mess with turned out to be ther friends who have stuck by my side through thick and thin.

So tell me, what does your Spiritguide do for you?
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

While I was reading your post, I had a a smile on my face :P

He sounds like a wonderful character to me. I also respect him for not keeping himself a 'secret'! In the past when I have seen spirits, or heard them, it's all a big secret, as if it is a big mystery. That actually angers me, and I tell them to 'get lost'.

At least your spirit guide is honest and cares enough to be significant, acknowledged and understood :wink:
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
ravenhecate

Post by ravenhecate »

Thank you for your reply. I too have always appreciated the fact that he has been so "present" in my life. Not a quiet shy little spirit that you don't even realize is there. He has always made his presence know to me and to people who are around me.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Ravenhecate, that's why I asked. You know, you only told about the weird and not so good sides of him. People must come to the conclusion, there is something bad going on if you won't tell about all the good stuff, too ;)

And I only explained Poltergeis, because it was mentioned.
ravenhecate

Post by ravenhecate »

I suppose I can see why you might think his behavior as "not so good", however I have always found him very amusing. The Irish drinking songs, the hiding things, the doors opening and closing...just all part of his nature. As someone stated earlier, Spiritguides are just regular spirits. Most likely they were someone you knew either in this life or a previous one. They will retain some of their human personality partly because that is how you are going to be able to identify them. I don't know if they have had any particular "special training" but I believe that they have agreed before you started your life here this time around to act as your guide. What makes them different than say that spirit that comes by to say hi and then leaves, is that they have access to your "life contract".

What I mean by that is, I believe that before you reincarnate, you decide on what lessons you need to work on in the upcoming life. I see it like you actually sign a contract stating what your lessons are at the type of environment you need to be born into to best learn those lessons. Your Spiritguide has access to this contract to help you be in the right place in the right time, to encounter people you need to encounter, and take the right paths you need to.

McFadden has done his job well. I have learned a lot of lessons in my life. Whether or not I have learned what I've needed to this time around, well, I guess I will see when the time comes. If I've missed the mark, it wasn't because I had a "bad" Spiritguide, it was because I didn't listen to him well enough.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”