Do you touch? :O

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
TheBlackDahlia

Do you touch? :O

Post by TheBlackDahlia »

Haha, odd subject but--I've heard some debate and now that I have such a wealth of knowledge here, I thought I'd hear your takes.

When giving someone a tarot reading, do you let them -GASP!- Touch your cards?!
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I do let them touch the cards simply to shuffle them. I do this so their energy can be put into the cards for their reading. It helps me a bit when I do the reading and actually makes it easier for me to see what needs to be seen. I cleanse them afterwards but yes, I do let them shuffle the cards on their own.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Gasp!! wasnt that a legend??
hihi
usually i dont let people touch cause lets face it some females got killer nails! and i love my cards.
what i hate is when someone asks about a card by pressing the finger on it or tapping...DONT DO THAT YOU ANNOYING PERSONY YOU!!
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Witch13 wrote:Gasp!! wasnt that a legend??
hihi
usually i dont let people touch cause lets face it some females got killer nails! and i love my cards.
what i hate is when someone asks about a card by pressing the finger on it or tapping...DONT DO THAT YOU ANNOYING PERSONY YOU!!
I hate when people tap on the cards! Thankfully, the people I read for do not do that. I am actually doing a couple readings tomorrow night and I am so happy. I am starting to get back into it and I am so much more at home.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Ahhhhh when i hear the tap tap tap and i see the paper of the card bend under the pressure
lord its like the "jaws" music theme
tam tam tam tam tamtamtamtamtamtmtam
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Hell no! Those are MY cards! These are just waaaaaaayyyy to private like my underwear or my diary. No touching, please. Of course my bf and other special person are allowed to touch. But other people? NOOOOOO WAY!
roseonfire

Re: Do you touch? :O

Post by roseonfire »

For face to face readings I'll have the Quarent touch their signifier and concentrate their energy and their question into the deck. One of these days, I'm going to make a video for YouTube for my readings because I do them quite differently that most, yet still very accurate.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
lovebrighteyes

Post by lovebrighteyes »

Heck no! no touching the cards. lol
Zili

Post by Zili »

I let my cards tell me if they want the questioner to touch them. The cards will let you know if they feel its safe to be touched. Sometimes my close friend is allowed to touch them, sometimes she isn't. My cards fell the energy the other person is giving off. I also feel the energy they give off, if they aren't in the right mind, they can't touch my cards.
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

When I do a reading, I look at it as the cards giving hte answers and the "guides" or energy is helping us pick the proper cards. So I ask them to call their guides before a reading, and I call mine. I have them cut the deck into 3 piles after I shuffle them. And they put it back in the order. I like their energy in the cards for thier reading because their guides will guide them to divide it right. I prefer it if their energy is on the deck for the reading.
I am very anal about saging the cards between people of course.
I AM
Artie

Post by Artie »

Not a chance. You'd better keep your grubby hands off of my cards! They're tainted with my energy so much that they've become an extension of me. I hate it when people do that tap thing where they assume that tapping the card will give them some kind of revelation.
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I allow others to touch my cards, to split the deck. Adds a little of their energy, so the cards can get a feeling for them. Afterward, I always purify.
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

Ravencry wrote:I allow others to touch my cards, to split the deck. Adds a little of their energy, so the cards can get a feeling for them. Afterward, I always purify.
sounds like what I do
I AM
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

I've got a very welcoming set of cards and I always store them in a bag with a bunch of crystals to cleanse and recharge.

I did a reading for someone a few months ago who was in the midst of an extremely traumatic life event and the energy transferred into the cards was essential for a clear reading.

Also I ask them to shuffle as well as cut the deck because I find that the cards that fall by themselves during the shuffling are usually the most telling in the reading and I always provide the querent with an affirmation or two or three :) at the end of the reading to help them with the psychological aspects of the situation (particularly if there are negative Swords in the spread) that has led them to seek out a reading.

Brightest blessings.
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Moon Stone

Post by Moon Stone »

when I did card readings, I always let the person I did them for, shuffle them, split them, divide them into three piles and then pick out the pile that they were most drawn to. Doing so had never once hurt me, my cards, or the person that the reading was done on.

Return to “Tarot Talk”