Memorial Garden

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
BlackenedRose*

Memorial Garden

Post by BlackenedRose* »

My friends and I recently opened up a memorial garden in my school for my best friend Toby who died last year in a car accident. We had a couple of friends of ours (but not of Toby's so much) sing Fields Of Gold for us at the opening. Toby's brothers were there, as were his parents and 80 or so other people. Everyone was quiet (as you can guess) and the wind just began to rise up really suddenly. It went upwards (weird in itself) and was pulling at my hair playfully. It felt so nice! Also, I couldn't swear to it, but out of the corner of my eye I thought that I saw him! I can't ask for confirmation because the only other (to my knowledge) magickally-minded person there was crying her eyes out (bless her). What do you think to that?

xx..Emma..xx
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

BlackenedRose honey - I'm sorry to hear of your friends tragic death.
I believe that the people we are closest to on a physical level shares our personal energy ( and us theirs ) and that energy continues on even after a person dies. That energy was at it's strongest when all those people gathered together to remember your friend, and he acknowledged it in his own way.
Take comfort in that, that is special and yours.

hedge
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I believe anytime people get together and celebrate the life of someone who has passed, that spirit is there with you and he knows what is going on and is happy that you are thinking of him. So yes, I believe he was there, and it's very possible that you probably saw him if you have the sort of psychic ability that allows you to see spirits. And even if you don't normally see them, it could have been a one-time thing. I'm sure he was trying to make you see him and feel his presense. That's pretty cool. THIS is the kind of spirit story I can believe (as opposed to some other types we've had on here.)

BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

I know....or I think I know....that he was there. Sometimes you can just feel it? My skin goes all prickly. Altough I'm not sure if it's just wishful thinking.

I can't ask anyone else for confirmation, because I live in the fragile world of English secondary school and I'm keen to keep my friends. At my age, people are less understanding.

Maybe I'll ask my other friend.

x..Emma..x
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I lost a friend in my early twenties to a brain tumor. At the funeral, I could feel her and see her in my mind's eye. She was happy and free and flying all around. At one point I sensed that she was thanking her family. I just "knew" what I was seeing was not memory, but her energy. She was there. Only a couple of us were attuned to that though. So, you are right, many people do not have these experiences, so count yourself lucky to be attuned to your dear friend's energy even beyond the mortal coil. You are obviously blessed.

With light,

bsp
eightybadbrains

Hello

Post by eightybadbrains »

Emma did you get my private message?
eightybadbrains

Emma I think the garden is beautiful. Our friend will appreciate and I believe he was there with us. It was extremely emotional and I almost felt it.
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

I only just found out who eightybadbrains is XD he's really nice. It seems to me that he comes and sees me more often now, because I go all tingly and I can sometimes see little things out of the corners of my eyes. It's really funny because I like look up in the middle of an English class and see just a little bit of him and I laugh out loud (he was that kind of person) and the people on my table think I'm so weird!

Well, I am, but you know.....

x..Emma..x
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

I agree with . I am sure he was there. I think its beautiful how you opened up a memorial garden.
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Awwww thanks alhandra......It took us a loong time to do, considering we are only 14 XD. We had to raise £1000 (we ran a tuckshop and a boy got BITTEN!!!! because he refused to serve someone rude) and then get lots of donations, professional help, etc etc. It was soooooo hard, but it's ready now! I will be putting up a website soon, so you can all see the pics and the thanks and all that. Would someone technologically minded like to help me here?

x..Emma..x
eightybadbrains

Tell me when you get the website done. Hey, do you have any photos of Toby?
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

I'll start a thread on here and scan some in, Jonnie. I don't have any computerised ones except that shitty paper-boy one. That brings back waaay too many memories.
eightybadbrains

God tell me about it! That paper boy one is such an evocative photo, and it isn't nice, it doesn't show him nautrally with friends, and happy In My Opinion. I have a coupla photos of the last time I saw him, but I dont have a scanner. Tell me when you do. P.S Do you belive in God?
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Jonnie, this is a Pagan forum. Check at the top :D . I don't believe in God, at least not the Christian one. I'm not going to turn this into a theological/religious thread. If you want that kind of conversation, MSN me. :D

PS: No one else bother replying to the God bit. I would like to keep this the Toby thread. Thanks!
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Just keeping everyone posted - we are down to £200 funds, so we are running another bun and sweet stall next week.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”