How do you feel about Autumn?

Lost_Demise
Banned Member

How do you feel about Autumn?

Post by Lost_Demise »

I was just wondering, how does each of you feel about autumn? What emotions or kind of memories do you represent with that season? Do you have certain things you like to do during that season the most?

And also, if Autumn could be represented by an animal or plant, what specific one would you choose for it? Of course nobody has to answer any of these questions. It's all for fun.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Autumn... hmmm I would say it is a time of change. Summer and winter are more of the same day after day, but in autumn you can literally see the wheel turning, one day it will be the hint of gold in the leaves, the blackberries turning red then black, the starlings forming their huge flocks and gathering food for the winter, then the leaves form a golden carpet on the floor and the sun sets earlier and earlier, and more south than east.

To me it is a time of change :)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I love autumn! It makes me want to find a secret place with trees changing colours, and dance! I love the smell of the wood fires burning, that, for me, lets me know that autumn is here. I agree with Shadowx, it is a time of change for me, too. After Samhain, for me, everything slows. But before Samhain, I have an autumn rush!
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

I love Autumn as well (:
The changing of the trees, all the colors are beautiful. The smell in the air is wonderful. Also because of Halloween & my Birthday is coming up soon.
I really just love everything about this season. It's my favorite time of year.
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

I absolutely love autumn. Especially when you can spell the wood stoves going. It always takes me away to my grandparents camp. It has become a peaceful time spiritually for me.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
.xAlyssa.

Post by .xAlyssa. »

I love Autumn as well. It is my favourite season in the year. Its soo beautiful and I love the change. I also love the smell... I don't know if anyone smells it too but I think that Autumn has its own smell:] Anyways, Its my favourite season.
-Alyssa.
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

.xAlyssa...It does have its own smell. Or at least I think so. Its very crisp clear and fresh.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Silverloc

Post by Silverloc »

I love fall, especially since moving to Oregon. Having lived in Florida and California where it goes from Summer to Winter with no real in between its nice to have that subtle change in the leaves and in the temperature.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

In West Texas, Fall does not have the same glory as it does in other places but it is beautiful. Snakes born at the end of the breeding season are fininshing thier first shed and filling their bellies and seeking their holes. The hummingbirds are now gone. Clouds have returned to El Paso, and there is a bit more of a chance of rain to bless the land before winter.

Personally I love the fashions of a cooler season, layered and dark. Though my favorite season is winter.

Animal? Plant? Dessert Quail, other small land birds and Pine.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: How do you feel about Autumn?

Post by Lost_Demise »

Autum to me is a time of change, of kind warmth. It is warm but not not harshly so as summer is. Things are moving from summer and getting ready for the slumber of winter. When I think of it I think of golden apples, pumpkins, and cinnamon. I also think it's a time where everything seems just a bit more connected, like everything is making a big touch down while getting ready for the large shift from summer to winter. It reminds me of how a snake sheds its skin..
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I love both of use think of shedding snakes, Lost_Demise. I know it is a bit odd to associate a season with shedding snakes but oh well/
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

But is it so odd for us to do so? After all the shedding helps it grow, keeps parasites off, and many cultures associated the skin shedding of snakes with rebirth. In a sense it is like the seasons are being born again much like a snake sheds its skin. I hope that made sense to you JBRaven~
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

I love Autumn, I just don't care much for cold. I love to watch the leaves change color, drinking apple cider or some hot tea/coco. Aw heck I even like the build up to the first snow.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

No the snake part I get. I just thought of us two being the only ones who named it as odd. And the idea that it is one of the first things that popped into my mind.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Ahh alright. That makes sense XD Well it's not that odd only two people thought of it, people see things different ways usually~

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”