Anyone know anything on raising rabbits???

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
ScarlettRose

Re: Anyone know anything on raising rabbits???

Post by ScarlettRose »

Thanks for the info Whiteone.
I already keep my bunnies in separate cages from one and other. (:
I've had rabbits since I was a kid.. Just never had babies. :D
& No, Ember Nightwolf I'm not keeping all of them. That would be very scary! hahah
I actually just lost one of my babies. :( Had a heart problem. Very sad. But.. yeah.
I'm only keeping one. & I'm either going with Sunset or Sapphire on the name. (:
Anyone have any nice prayers or blessings to put upon my bunnies to only sell to good homes?
I can't believe they are almost three months old! Time for them to get sweet homes.
I'm trying to come up with a spell for them to be blessed and like I said to go to only wonderful homes.
They are the most sweetest things <3
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

I am sorry that I don't have a spell for you. You could simply state your intention, "to find the bunnies a good, loving, honoring, home where they will be cared for and happy"--or whatever you want to elaborate on, to any deity that you have affinity with. Or you could whisper it into the bunny's ear "May you be happy and healthy in your new home--divine protection for you"--like a blessing. You can also look them in the eyes and tell them advice--that sometimes works for cats.
Really, you are having to allow your bunnies to follow a path that is not governed by you anymore. You need to wish them the best--truly. You also need to do your best to find them good homes. And you need to give them blessings for their journey.
But some other things to consider are: you should not offer them for free to strangers. Ideally you should find homes with friends who you know are responsible. People use bunnies for snake food and you don't want to attract those people by advertising "Bunnies free to a good home." You could, if you have to advertise, ask for an adoption fee--just to insure that the adopter considers the bunnies an investment. You should also have an interview with them before you promise them the bunny.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Thanks for all the advice! That is a great idea about whispering in their ears (:
I will do that. & Thanks for the blessings too, those are very nice ones!
I wrote a ritual for my babies! I'm making a charm bag and Ravencry really helped me with it & she let me know that the herbs that I'm using in my charm bag are also good for the bunnies to eat!! So, I thought that was absolutely wonderful. While I'm doing my ritual I will whisper in their ears, and send them a blessings! :D
Thank you for all your great ideas!

And yes I have thought about charging for the bunnies. I know people wouldn't take care of them the way I want them too if they were free. Also, that even people with snakes will buy bunnies for $10. So, I am charging $20. Maybe even $15.. I know it's rough out there for money and all. But, still I do not want them going to bad homes. They are just too precious to me!

Thank you tons for your reply.
Much appreciated.
&Happy New Year! (:
Om.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

I did the blessing/spell today :D
& they loved some of the herbs.
I'll post my spell in a few. (:
I sent them all blessings and prayers. I whispered in their little ears.
I actually think I might have to give them up to the adoption place :(
At least there I know they will find good homes though.
Om.
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Do you have a local rabbit rescue?
It would be best to give them to someone who specializes in rabbits. I'm sure your bunnies will be fine.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Yes, that's who I'd be giving them to.
Om.
pelias3

Post by pelias3 »

i never knew you could get male bunnies neutered till recently, i thought it just wasn't done. its sad to take something away but it really does solve the problem of too many bunny kits in the world! all my cat's have been neutered and i'm sure they've been happier for it. but i think charging is a good idea, some people just don't think animals have value just for themselves! so a free animal is a worthless one as far as they're concerned :(
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

The House Rabbit Society suggests altering both females and males. For females, it cuts down on uterine cancer. For males, it slows their hormonal development, hopefully preventing territorial instincts like fighting and spraying (yes, male bunnies spray like cats). Sometimes they even spray while they are jumping "binkies," which is not a pleasant experience if you are sitting at "binky" level.

Return to “Animals and Pets”