Acceptance

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
Earth Ritual

Acceptance

Post by Earth Ritual »

To my gay brothers and sisters,

There was something inside of me that never asked for acceptance. Somehow, I knew that it was not my place to ask for or demand acceptance from the haters. Often times I hear gays say they want acceptance and equal rights, yet I wonder, why want to be included with those that are not worthy of our love. Even in families, why want to be accepted when they are not capable of accepting and loving themselves.

Honestly, I think a more powerful strategy is to give up ever being accepted or included and create families and communities for ourselves.

In my observation, acceptance is a point in spiritual evolution and sometimes gays need to accept that in many cases we are the most spiritually evolved. If we seek to be accepted by the very people we are here to help evolve, we run the risk of regressing and getting sucked into their drama and power games.

I think that eventually many hearts will open to acceptance and I think this is a matter of collective evolution. Meanwhile, it's best that we do whatever is necessary to STAY ALIVE, protect ourselves, love ourselves, and ensure we can live with dignity and happiness. And for us initiated ones, it's time to do what only the initiated can do.

I am inspired to write this in the memory of those that have been bullied to the point of leaving this world.

Earth Ritual
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Ravencry

Re: Acceptance

Post by Ravencry »

Earth Ritual wrote: gays need to accept that in many cases we are the most spiritually evolved.
I have always believed that gay men and women are the most spiritually evolved, though I am not gay or bi. Who else do you know that fully accepts their femininity and masculinity? This is a quality that (though not entirely) is unique, and though I have found few that accept both qualities in themselves, its quite rare. I believe gay men and women are like the unicorns of the world. They are rare, beautiful and quite spiritual. And definitely very, very accepting of all paths, no matter how 'taboo' society sees them. I thought I would just share this with everyone.

And it would be terrible for anyone to no longer desire to live due to other peoples hostilities. It is quite unfair. And I completely agree with your desire to form your own 'group' I guess I could say, you already have. The LGBT community is one of the strongest, most loving, beautiful groups I have met. I wish all in this world could see as I do.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Ravencry wrote: though I have found few that accept both qualities in themselves, its quite rare.
I meant to say few straight men and women. Just to clear that up.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Thanks for the reply Ravencry.

I like the thought of being a member of the unicorn family. I think that brings my point home about the gay energies being Otherworldly in nature. I think that acknowledging this is a source of power.

Within the past mouth 10 teenage boys have committed suicide because of the bullying and intolerance that pervades the US and many nations around the globe. These boys and many more breathe the toxic fumes of intolerance and hatred every day and as we are seeing not all of us survive.

Thirteen years ago I was in the same situation as a teenager being bullied in school, cussed out (read cursed) at home, and condemned (read cursed) in the church. I wonder what kind of Light these boys carry that makes the forces of darkness so dedicated to stamping it out?

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Night'sRain

Post by Night'sRain »

Earth Ritual wrote: Honestly, I think a more powerful strategy is to give up ever being accepted or included and create families and communities for ourselves.
Earth Ritual
I myself am Gay, Im not out because i feel that others should not make judgements on who i am simply because of my sexuality, and i know if i was this would be true.
I can see how a family or communtiy of people who accpeted you for who you are would be a very seductive idea, however i have all was been a firm believer in that solitude is the breeding place for ignorance.
Do you not think that simply dividing ourselves from others would not be a worse crime? We, who have been shut out from communties and families because we are different, creating another culture in with which we seek to make ourselves different from others?
i dont mean to look down on your idea, it's one that, currently is the best solution i can see for allowing other LGBT to feel accepted, but i wish there was a way to breed tolerance and not ignorance
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Acceptance is very much needed in the community and outside as well. I feel that as a Bi man, sometimes I am looked at as less than a person by some of the Gay community because I like both men and women. I love my LGBT brothers and sisters because we are family. As time changes I think we will see wider acceptance in the straight community as well but that will take time and evolution. Here is to worldwide acceptance soon!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Earth Ritual wrote:I wonder what kind of Light these boys carry that makes the forces of darkness so dedicated to stamping it out?
That makes perfect sense to me. I wholely agree with that. There is something, something special and genuinely holy, about gay men and women. I don't understand why people fear it. As if its a disease, a plague thats spreading. Its not. Its acceptance of your whole self thats spreading. It disgusts me that people won't do anything to help any person, no matter what sexuality, from being bullied. Once again, that fear of 'becoming gay' comes in play. Night's Rain, I wish it were that easy to breed tolerance, but the fear of 'becoming gay' and homosexuality as 'evil' is so firmly embedded in peoples minds that it will take years to show everyone that gays are people too, with feelings that can be hurt and a heart that beats. Though we have made strides for the LGBT community, its still not enough. Schools should be the first places to teach tolerance, along with churches, as these are the worst offenders of intolerance. Its not even about sexuality to me. Its all about accepting your soul, for gays have both the qualities of feminine and masculine. This is truly a blessing to me, a gift that is one that cannot be compared to anything. It is the greatest blessing whatever you may believe in can give. Once again, I wish people had more open minds.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

reikihealer83 wrote:Acceptance is very much needed in the community and outside as well. I feel that as a Bi man, sometimes I am looked at as less than a person by some of the Gay community because I like both men and women. I love my LGBT brothers and sisters because we are family. As time changes I think we will see wider acceptance in the straight community as well but that will take time and evolution. Here is to worldwide acceptance soon!
It's hard to be on either side of the fence when you are the fence, lol!! At least that's how I've always seen it, also being bi. I've also been seen as inferior to the gay movement because I'm not one or the other. But as I've told them and others, I don't see male or female, I just see pretty; which is why my asian boyfriend can be mistaken for a girl:P

I also, love the GLBT community. They're wonderful people and more open to everything in life, though it can be said that it's hard to be against taboo, when you are a taboo :), but still I've never known better people, and I hope the world will notice what they're missing out on, but it's their loss if they choose not to. While acceptance is wonderful, sometimes it's not worth it and I'm all for keeping the queens and their makeup secrets to myself^_^
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Night'sRain wrote:
Earth Ritual wrote: Honestly, I think a more powerful strategy is to give up ever being accepted or included and create families and communities for ourselves.
Earth Ritual
I myself am Gay, Im not out because i feel that others should not make judgements on who i am simply because of my sexuality, and i know if i was this would be true.
I can see how a family or communtiy of people who accpeted you for who you are would be a very seductive idea, however i have all was been a firm believer in that solitude is the breeding place for ignorance.
Do you not think that simply dividing ourselves from others would not be a worse crime? We, who have been shut out from communties and families because we are different, creating another culture in with which we seek to make ourselves different from others?
i dont mean to look down on your idea, it's one that, currently is the best solution i can see for allowing other LGBT to feel accepted, but i wish there was a way to breed tolerance and not ignorance
Don't worry, though controversial, separatism will never gain any momentum. There are too many cowards and sell outs readily willing to give up their powers for a chance to be normal for that to happen. i think that it is crime not to divide. I think that if the gay people were initiated into full gayhood and the powers and responsibilities that entails the straight kingdom would beg mercy.

I never once did spell work on someone to accept me nor for someone to "tolerate" me. I felt they needed to make that choice on their own before they could benefit from the blessings that occur from being one of the people I love. I say all the tolerance, equal rights, acceptance, and equality speak are the soundbits of a very clever political campaign designed to keep gay people from realizing that these things and more are already theirs.

Why would I ask for something that is already mine? I am accepted because I am. Period. I am equal because I am. No government or human can grant this or take this away.

Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

reikihealer83 wrote:Acceptance is very much needed in the community and outside as well. I feel that as a Bi man, sometimes I am looked at as less than a person by some of the Gay community because I like both men and women. I love my LGBT brothers and sisters because we are family. As time changes I think we will see wider acceptance in the straight community as well but that will take time and evolution. Here is to worldwide acceptance soon!
Any time another human being looks at another as less than a person something essential gets lost. Unacceptable!

It is very true the deep acceptance from within and without will take time and evolution. It will also take some blood, sweat, tears, and deep prayers.

Cheers!

Night'sRain

Post by Night'sRain »

the reason i dont believe that seperatism is a good idea is because, for me, in my experinces, i've seen that solitude is the breeding place for ignorance. But i agree with you that equal rights are ours already, and ive never really been for the advocating for something we already have, i merely think that we must show others this instead of trying to cut them from our live. But if you do manage to start a society only for LGBT, do remeber to invite your friendly neighbourhood Night'sRain :D
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Night'sRain wrote:the reason i dont believe that seperatism is a good idea is because, for me, in my experinces, i've seen that solitude is the breeding place for ignorance. But i agree with you that equal rights are ours already, and ive never really been for the advocating for something we already have, i merely think that we must show others this instead of trying to cut them from our live. But if you do manage to start a society only for LGBT, do remeber to invite your friendly neighbourhood Night'sRain :D
I am basing my comment on historical study of groups that have been assimilated into the so called mainstream culture only to find that their essence has been appropriated, packaged, and sold to the highest bidder. I hear where you are going with the solitude thing and I can say it ain't all that bad if you look at the way tribes work. Funny thing is that most tribes had a strong respect for the feminine, the earth, and magic before they were wiped out. This is in contrast to the parasite known as modern culture that doesn't what people to separate from it.

There are secret and notsosecret brotherhoods and sisterhoods for us, especially when we get into the world of the Craft.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”