Yummy Baked Apples

Share your recipes and food tips here.
Serendipity

Yummy Baked Apples

Post by Serendipity »

(Sorry I don’t measure for this so just eyeball it and you’ll be fine)

This is a nice recipe to add to a Samhain meal or any other time for that matter lol.

Get half as many baking apples as you are going to want to serve. (Serving 8? Get 4 apples.)

Get some good rum. (I would suggest not getting the Bacardi 151)

Get some dried fruit, just pick what you like. Personally I like to use raisins, currents, cherries, cranberries, and especially dates.

Nuts. I like English, sometimes called white, walnuts.

Now…

Put all of the fruit in a covered bowl and pour in enough rum to cover the fruit plus one inch over. Let the rum soak into the fruit at least overnight. A full 24 hours is better, when you’re in the kitchen give this bowl a shake and twist to make sure all the fruit gets a good soaking.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut the apples in half (top to bottom, not around the middle) and then scoop out the core and even a tad of the flesh, just not to much. Put the apple halves in a baking dish with the cut side up. Don’t use an oversized baking dish, just one large enough to hold all of the apple halves.

Now spoon a healthy tablespoon of the rum soaked fruit into the center of each apple half. You can sprinkle leftover fruit around the tops of the apples and then any rum that wasn’t soaked up by the fruit can be drizzled over the top too.

Bake until the apples are appropriately soft.

Sprinkle on some nuts.

At this point I sometimes like to take a small amount of French Vanilla ice cream and put it in a bowl and make a dent in the middle of it and then set one of the apple halves in the dent in the ice cream, which will of course begin to melt a bit almost right away.

Now eat.

Now the hard part lol. No Seconds!

(And you may have noticed! No sugar added in this recipe. It just isn’t necessary.)
ScarlettRose

Re: Yummy Baked Apples

Post by ScarlettRose »

Oh wow! Yummmm! :D Thank you for sharing this.
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

This looks so yummy thank you for sharing!
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Happy to share!

And this is the perfect time of year for this recipe. Don't you just hate it when people post a recipe that is great for one season when that season is over and you have to wait for the calendar to roll around to it again lol.

Return to “Food and Recipes”