Make Your Own Magical Ink

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Serendipity

Make Your Own Magical Ink

Post by Serendipity »

There are lots of different ways to make lots of different inks. This is one of my favorites.

You’ll need some tools to do this:

A 2 piece liquid incense burner designed to be used with votive candles
A metal, (stainless steel is best), “pot” of some kind to replace the top half of the incense burner. Size selection is important. I’ll talk about that in a minute.
Votive candles

Ok, now about selecting the little metal pot you are going to use to replace the top of the incense burner. It must be designed so that it will lower almost right to the tip of the wick. The closer the better, in fact I’ve done this with it actually touching the wick.

Trim some of the wax off of your candle so that the wick is longer than normal. This will cause the soot buildup to happen quicker.

Fill your little cup with water(or some other liquid that you deem important to your ritual purpose. Personally I use water to keep the energy neutral so that the ink will work for any purpose), light your candle, and when its flame becomes stable gently lower the cup into position above the candle. You’ll be surprised at how quickly a large quantity of soot builds up on the candle. Let it continue like this until the water is almost gone out of your little cup.

Now blow out the candle and take a second little cup, I like to use glass for this part, and very carefully knock the soot buildup off into the glass cup. You should have quite a bit, as much as say the size of a large peanut. Use the amount you need to make the ink you want to make at this time and store the rest in a small glass jar. You can save the little bottles that essential oils come in, thoroughly descent and cleanse them obviously.

Now you’ll need something for stirring, I use toothpicks or a tiny silver spoon I have. Get an eyedropper and fill it with the liquid of your choice. Some of the things I’ve used would be water, wine, blood, fruit juices, vinegar, ammonia. What you use should be determined by what you are going to be using the magical ink for. (FYI I don't recommend the ammonia lol)

Now spoon some of your soot into a 2nd small glass bowl, and I do mean small!

Now that you have the eyedropper filled with liquid start to put drops on top of the soot, move the eyedropper around, wetting different places on the soot, this makes for less messy stirring lol.

Gently, and I do mean gently lol stir the soot and liquid mixture while continuing to drop in liquid from the eyedropper. Keep doing this until your ink is the consistency of… well ink lol.

Use immediately or store in a small, air tight, glass bottle until you’re ready to use. Using ink you’ve made yourself on paper you’ve made yourself is especially fulfilling 

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”