Christian witch? Oh yeah, I'm one of those :)

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Serendipity

Re: Christian witch? Oh yeah, I'm one of those :)

Post by Serendipity »

Ok, several things to address here.

First of all that “suffer not a witch to live,” phrase is a mistranslation, perhaps a deliberate one even. And no I don’t mean by the poster here lol, I mean in the King James version of the Bible.

Second, this has gotten to personal and frankly a little rude. I’m not going to close the thread at this time but any further discussion here will be about the topic and not directed towards any individual. `Nough said I hope?
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

Lorena,

In the bible, specifically:
Exodus 20:1-17: “You shall have no other gods before me.” And “You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”

Exodus 22:18: “Do not allow a sorceress to live.”

Deuteronomy 18:10-11: “Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.”

Galatians 5:19-20: “The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions.”

Revelation 21:8: “But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Leviticus 19:31 “Do not turn to mediums or seek out spirits, for you will be defiled by them.”

Leviticus 20:6 “'I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people.”

Leviticus 20:27 “A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

Jeremiah 27:9 “So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your interpreters of dreams, your mediums or your sorcerers who tell you, 'You will not serve the king of Babylon.' They prophesy lies to you that will only serve to remove you far from your lands; I will banish you and you will perish.”
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

Be a christian witch if you choose, there are wonderful aspects to both religions. Realise however that they ARE opposing ideas because FUNDAMENTALLY they choose to be. Everything in life is a choice and is about balance. If you choose to believe and if you desire salvation and eternal life through Jesus you may need to make a choice to stop practicing the Craft because Christianity dictates a complete denial and avoidence to it.

However, I am a christian witch. It requires an unwaivering desire to compromise and adjust your spells and rituals to avoid breaking with christianity completely.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I know the bible opposes witchcraft but really for the reason that I choose not to do many wiccan/pagan related things.
Things we do often have a backward impact on our spiritual journey, from discovering the deeper essence of life.
You must cast away your limitation to get to your center, and through magic sometimes you only add to things.
This is something I want practicing witches to be aware of. Not that I want them to stop their practice, because it CAN
be VERY beneficial, but only to be aware of the wisdom and FREEDOM of a simple life of detachment.

I really believe this is what the bible and Buddhism both were trying to teach. Simplicity brings wisdom. Detachment brings true power, and the things they set as rules or guidelines were just to help you along a spiritual path.
So don't take it personally. The world religions are only for different people's spiritual inclination.

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Jadis, you quoted many lines that to me suggest as a witch you, i and y0m and the others here are all going to hell for eternal torture because we/you have forsaken the christian god and hence jesus and hence we live in sin and are intrinsically evil.

I am assuming that since you continue to walk the pagan/witch path you do not believe you are going to hell? In which case, why not?

What loophole have you found that means you arent going to hell?

Serious questions.. i am interested since you first post was " you are a christian witch, HAH! Youre going to hell :)" and then you second was "Oh, im a christian witch"

Tis a pickle!
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

That whole edit button thing didnt really carry over to the new forum :(
Second, this has gotten to personal and frankly a little rude. I’m not going to close the thread at this time but any further discussion here will be about the topic and not directed towards any individual. `Nough said I hope?
Wait, what?!

I dont want to go off topic but personally i dont feel this topic has got out of hand, it is certainly heated, but then we are dealing with the ideas of "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!" vs the "Be anything you want, and do anything you want" ideas.

Paganism vs christianity has *always* been a touchy topic since the day the church sanctioned mass murder in the name of jesus right up to this very day. Things will get heated but as i have previously stated my comments are purely non-personal in this thread. I'm not holding back but equally im not personally attacking anyone and i havent seen anyone else doing so either. We are all adults here so let's not shy away from a heated discussion!
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

Shadowx,

If a religion you do not practice suggests that if you do not cut out the heart of your enemies and consume them you will burn in eternal flames – do you believe it? I believe that you are subject to the religion you practice and not to the punishment of other religions.

About my religious background: I was raised Roman Catholic and I was an incredibly strict practicing catholic from when I was 17 to 26. Then I had an event in my life that made me lose faith in my religion. I’m deliberately being cryptic here because I don’t wish to discuss it. :bounce: I am very well educated in the rules of my faith and I know how it is possible to toe the line between Wicca and Christianity without crossing it completely.

I do believe that I am going to hell, in fact it’s presumptuous to not believe I’m going to hell - but not because I changed religions. In my life I have broken nearly every commandment, and I’m a big fan of my sins. I’ve prayed to other gods, I’ve taken he lords name in vain, I don’t keep Sabbath, I’ve dishonored my father and mother, I’ve committed adultery, I’ve stolen, I’ve bear false witness against someone else, I’ve coveted others possessions. Moreover I’m lustful and had intercourse out of wedlock, I’m an over eater and binge drinker, I’m greedy, lazy, I have a temper, I’m prideful of my intellect, and vain about my looks. Strict Catholicism teaches that a person aims for heaven, expects purgatory, and prays to avoid hell.

My intent for answering Lorena’s post was to point out that this teenage rebellion is breaking with the church she was raised in. She mentioned studying the bible closely but did not see where Wicca and Christianity collide. If she wanted to avoid breaches with her church’s doctrine then I felt equipped to advise her because of my background and religiou studdies. Wicca is a more forgiving doctrine, and as long as a Christian practitioner is dedicated to Jesus and keeping with their faith it is possible to avoid breaching the faith.

And PS Catholicism teaches the bible is a METAPHOR – not fact. It was the new age Christianity that accepted the bible as fact.
xXMiamiXx

Post by xXMiamiXx »

Hey guys. If you believe in hell, you might wanna listen up.

Yes dear, I am 10 years old. But honey, I am smarter than one might think. :) My mother is a christian, and she has studied it for years. If god DIED FOR OUR SINS, why should he change from years? You all are measuring god to human standards. He is not a man, thus he is a HOLY SPIRIT! He DID walk the earth once before, but he was holy and god-like. Even STILL not alike in anyway to our everyday formal mankind. God is not evil. God does not want revenge in anyway. God will not get angry at sin! Yes, it does upset him, but god is the god of good. The god of grace. The god of FORIVENESS. Forgiveness, and nothing else. If he was the god of forgiveness, why would he ARROGANTLY send anyone that has made mistakes in what we call life? Arrogance; isn't that a sin? Ho-ho! Now you see. God would never sin. "God is angry. At sin." HAHAAA, Load of BOLOGNA! It seems NOBODY feels the need to know that, once again, he is the god of FORGIVENESS! I'll tell you what will really happen if you have sinned in your lifetime:
You'll be asleep. When you wake up, you will NOT be in hell. You will NOT be burning in flames. God simply has a discussion with you. Not even a discussion, per se, a sentence. A question. "Do you, regret your sins and want to change?" If you say no, he won't bite you or anything. You'll go back to sleep and eventually wake up again. Because of course you have to, in quote, "pay" in someway. Well, pay isn't the word. You must understand the basis of life! You must understand also, that sin is not evil. It is mistakes. It is little white lies. It's not always murder mayhem on the gangster streets of LA or anything. Tell me to my face that you've never sinned. Once. That you've never told a lie about anything. Never? Are you sure? Wrong answer, Buster. Everybody, EVERYBODY lies atleast once. No, atleast twice in a YEAR. Look at the facts. Everyone can't go to hell.THX!
Ps-
WITCHCRAFT IS NO SIN!
SingingCanyon

Post by SingingCanyon »

xXMiamiXx wrote:Hey guys. If you believe in hell, you might wanna listen up.

Yes dear, I am 10 years old. But honey, I am smarter than one might think. :) My mother is a christian, and she has studied it for years. If god DIED FOR OUR SINS, why should he change from years? You all are measuring god to human standards. He is not a man, thus he is a HOLY SPIRIT! He DID walk the earth once before, but he was holy and god-like. Even STILL not alike in anyway to our everyday formal mankind. God is not evil. God does not want revenge in anyway. God will not get angry at sin! Yes, it does upset him, but god is the god of good. The god of grace. The god of FORIVENESS. Forgiveness, and nothing else. If he was the god of forgiveness, why would he ARROGANTLY send anyone that has made mistakes in what we call life? Arrogance; isn't that a sin? Ho-ho! Now you see. God would never sin. "God is angry. At sin." HAHAAA, Load of BOLOGNA! It seems NOBODY feels the need to know that, once again, he is the god of FORGIVENESS! I'll tell you what will really happen if you have sinned in your lifetime:
You'll be asleep. When you wake up, you will NOT be in hell. You will NOT be burning in flames. God simply has a discussion with you. Not even a discussion, per se, a sentence. A question. "Do you, regret your sins and want to change?" If you say no, he won't bite you or anything. You'll go back to sleep and eventually wake up again. Because of course you have to, in quote, "pay" in someway. Well, pay isn't the word. You must understand the basis of life! You must understand also, that sin is not evil. It is mistakes. It is little white lies. It's not always murder mayhem on the gangster streets of LA or anything. Tell me to my face that you've never sinned. Once. That you've never told a lie about anything. Never? Are you sure? Wrong answer, Buster. Everybody, EVERYBODY lies atleast once. No, atleast twice in a YEAR. Look at the facts. Everyone can't go to hell.THX!
Ps-
WITCHCRAFT IS NO SIN!
That is really well put. I agree with most of what you're saying except the waking up part. In my opinion if God asks us if we regret our sin we don't just go back to sleep and wake up later. In my opinion I think that is where Reincarnation comes along. If we don't regret it he sticks us down here for another life term and makes us wait until we can go to heaven. Which is kinda worse than Hell in a way. I mean with all the horrible things that go on here. Heck it's not really paradise. But I digress. Someday someone will figure it out for good hopefully, and be able to tell us what's going on.
I am the voice of the past that will always be,
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields.
I am the voice of the future,
Bring me your peace,
Bring me your peace and my wounds,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
xXMiamiXx

Post by xXMiamiXx »

SingingCanyon,

Thanks for the agreement. Reincarnation would be believable too. I just thank you ALOT, cuz you're the one person that doesn't say, "You're just a kid! What do you know about this?" or, "Go play with you dolls, you slobbery 10 year old." Gosh. Haha :) best regards,
Mimi
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

Witchcraft isn't a religion so you can be a Christian Witch, IF Christianity accepts that. Having read the bible myself I can think of many times where it condemns Witchcraft, magic and communication with the dead all of which make up the act of Witchcraft.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Moon Stone

Post by Moon Stone »

Cora wrote:Having read the bible myself I can think of many times where it condemns Witchcraft, magic and communication with the dead all of which make up the act of Witchcraft.
This is true but the Bible ALSO condemns about 95 % of the behavior found in many devote Christians as well. The Bible also frowns upon overly religious ordinances as well but that does not seem to stop all these organized Christian religions out there from being as such. I think, as long as a person believes in Jesus, and that he died for sins and rose from the dead to pay for sins, asking him to be their personal savior, they can still color themselves a Christian while not buying every thing the Bible says. (Btw, I am not one of these, I do not even believe in any deities) With that, there are some very liberal Christian movements out there that are far more accepting of those condemned by the Bible such as homosexuals, etc. as they feel that much of the Bible was altered and adjusted to suit the authors and their society. In my opinion, I have excellent reasons to suspect that the men that authored the Bible tailored it to what was popular and what was taboo in their culture. For instance, women being silent and submissive, pagans, homosexuals, witches, etc. sentenced to death, clean meats vs. unclean and the list goes on.

So I think when it comes to organized Christian religions, then yes, there appears to be some irreconcilable contradictions. But if it comes to the person being a firm believer in Jesus Christ, that doesn't buy all that is handed out in the Bible or Organized christian religions, then I can see how the individual could be a witch and still feel it is compatible to their belief.
Sage50

Post by Sage50 »

I have been reading all of these statements about god and goddess and power and relations and it is all in vein. for you know nothing. Power is in the mind, Jesus and the others told us. it is there for us to use. Do no harm to no one meditate, believe and the power is yours. it is the same for all relations. We are on the same world it is the same of all of us. We have to work it out for our selves. No one can tell the right way to live because their is no right way. Jesus said i am the way the truth and the life. His way was the way of peace. So go your way in peace and may your journey be truth and life.
When Time is at it pivotal; all answers will be spoken; all tongues will be silent; all hearts will be joyful; all will come to past; even as it is ending it shall be beginning so let it be.
SingingCanyon

Post by SingingCanyon »

xXMiamiXx wrote:SingingCanyon,

Thanks for the agreement. Reincarnation would be believable too. I just thank you ALOT, cuz you're the one person that doesn't say, "You're just a kid! What do you know about this?" or, "Go play with you dolls, you slobbery 10 year old." Gosh. Haha :) best regards,
Mimi
I would never say that. Some of the most wise people are children. (Not to say that you're a little kid or anything, please don't take it that way.) I think that you have a really good point. I know how it feels to be told to bugger off because you're too young. I'm only 15 so I still get disregarded due to age.

Blessed be,

-Singing☾anyon
I am the voice of the past that will always be,
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields.
I am the voice of the future,
Bring me your peace,
Bring me your peace and my wounds,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
Ula

Post by Ula »

Many have talked about Gnostic Christianity so I will not go into it but all the Bible verses posted are OLD TESTAMENT. Christ said we are not to judge, love God and your neighbor. That's it. Not much else in there really. There are also plenty of Christians doing craft related stuff that if you called them on it they will freak. If you think you are going to Hell then that is all on you, don't project that on to anyone else. To post that here no matter what you call yourself is done solely to provoke.

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”