TV SHOW "BONES" AND WITCHCRAFT!

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Greek_Male_Witch

TV SHOW "BONES" AND WITCHCRAFT!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I'm a fan of the specific tv series "BONES", I bought the 5th season in DVD, and there is this episode where a witch is murdered and stuff, I got a bit offended, because they presented Wiccans to be the white kind of witches and Witches being the evil ones, while we know that a Wiccan and a Witch can be as bad as he/she wants too, I mean you make a great tv show, why not gathering up some information first?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Jadis

Re: TV SHOW "BONES" AND WITCHCRAFT!

Post by Jadis »

HAHA your post made me grin because I remember the episode. bvirus

I have learned that what is accurate and what is on television are opposites. Even those channels that desire accuracy (such as the History channel) are still very inaccurate because they are designed to entertain and explain everything in 42 minutes.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I mean come on! why they have to throw mud at witchcraft?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Because modern American society wants us to fear witchcraft, still, after all the myths being debunked. They say Church and State are separated, but is this really true? We are run by church officials, our laws off laws in the Bible. That's not separated. Like I said before, they want people to fear Witchcraft, they don't want people to be able to open their minds. They want them to stay like a group of sheep, and them the dog that herds them. I don't know if that made much sense, but this is how I see the Government of America.
Ashkotewagosh

Post by Ashkotewagosh »

I hate watching tv shows when they decide to throw stuff in about wiccans and such because they make us look like crazy woman that run around fires dancing naked! it upsets me so much and i hate how close minded modern society has become, its ridiculous.
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

Ashkotewagosh wrote: they make us look like crazy woman that run around fires dancing naked!
*cough* I guess I should stop dancing around a fire naked.

:D
LostAngel79

Post by LostAngel79 »

Oh, come come now. If that's what makes you happy, I wouldn't change a thing! LOL

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”