a path of their own...how much?

Discussion of raising your family in the pagan tradition.
Evanthe

a path of their own...how much?

Post by Evanthe »

My 11 year old is very interested with wicca and pagan rituals. He's creating his own BOS, with a little help from me. He's asked for tarot cards for Christmas. He's supervised and isn't allowed to cast spells or perform rituals without me being present, just to keep it clean and safe. But he's wanting to do much more than I have the time for. I'm wondering about how much space to give him to find his own path. Any one else have a tween who is practicing? I'm also looking for book recommendations....something really basic for him to follow and understand why things are done a particular way.

Thanks in advance!
Evanthe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
-C.S Lewis
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: a path of their own...how much?

Post by JBRaven »

Well, I think 11 may be an age that a child can start to form consent, when it comes to religion. Let him start doing rituals, spells and other magic items by himself. If you feel as if he needs to be watched for a bit more time, ask to review his rituals before he performs them.
Sythan

Re: a path of their own...how much?

Post by Sythan »

Haha, seems like you have a energetic young witchling. All these things are normal, just explain to him you must master what hes currently working on before moving onto a new subject like divination.

Return to “Pagan Family & Parenting”