Vampires

Discussion of folklore and myths.
Robert L

Re: Vampires

Post by Robert L »

Lost_Demise wrote:He's a child molester^^;;
And rather proud of the fact as well.
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I hope he gets arrested, I'm glad a guy like that will never become president.
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

I suspect it's mostly an attention gimmick.
After all, he's running as a Republican.
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Claiming he's a vampire might be one too then.
spook

Post by spook »

wow what a wacko.
O.o
branwenwillow

Post by branwenwillow »

Vampires descend from the dracula novel that wad loosly based on the actions of Vlad the Impaler. The things he would do to his enemies is quite frightening. Of course dracula had a romantic twist. Vampires have blossomed due to the world being fascinated with the mysterious and unknown. I also want to say from a professional point of view that drinking someone's blood is very dangerous. During transfusions as an rn we have to stay with the patient for half an hour due to the possibility of shock and allergic reaction. And that's clean blood. I can't imagine all of the things you would expose yourself to by drinking others blood. Not to mention it could very well kill you.
I'm now at a loss for words so good luck!
aillilek

Post by aillilek »

We have a saying here in Oz (seriously, used as a pun - NO offense intended) - "Only in America" smileydance

Why is this guy even getting media coverage? What a looney....

I have no problems with people being different and have never judged a book by its cover in my life, but I do believe this guy has problems - 16 year olds???
Asch

Post by Asch »

To be fair we do have 300 million plus citizens so we're just statistically more likely to have wackadoos. Just sayin', then throw in that many of our settlers were the 'scum' of Europe (criminals, religious extremists, politically unsavory types etc) and yeahhh ;)
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
pelias3

Post by pelias3 »

the number of blood samples i get that are smelly... seriously! they smell bad! so i'm not at all sure i'd like to drink anyone's blood even if they were hep C neg!
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Does that mean my blood is special? Because it doesn't smell bad..^^;
pelias3

Post by pelias3 »

hopefully you're not ill so i guess no your blood wouldn't smell but everything bad as well as everything good goes thru your blood!
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

branwenwillow wrote:Vampires descend from the dracula novel that wad loosly based on the actions of Vlad the Impaler. The things he would do to his enemies is quite frightening. Of course dracula had a romantic twist. Vampires have blossomed due to the world being fascinated with the mysterious and unknown. I also want to say from a professional point of view that drinking someone's blood is very dangerous. During transfusions as an rn we have to stay with the patient for half an hour due to the possibility of shock and allergic reaction. And that's clean blood. I can't imagine all of the things you would expose yourself to by drinking others blood. Not to mention it could very well kill you.
I'm now at a loss for words so good luck!
Not all Vampire stories stem from Bram Stoker's Dracula, there is the story of Lilith from Hebrew folk lore; and many believe Kain the first born son of Adam was also a vampire. Ingesting blood is not recommended, however, as it goes through the digestive track not into the veins, your stomach will digest it and chances of an alergic reaction (as with a transfusion) are very low.
Zili

Post by Zili »

"Lilith from Hebrew folk lore"
if i'm not mistaken she's thought of as a succubus not a vampire, succubi take the energy not the blood.

Don't forget there's also Elizabeth Bathory! Who bathed in blood believing it made her appear younger/more youthful.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

She is also told to take infants/ young children, and drink their blood. The Bloody Baroness or what ever her title was who could for get an actual historical nut job.
Alina_Rose

Post by Alina_Rose »

Okay... Vampires are real. There are people who drink blood ( which IS a vampire. they dont have to have all the supernatural stuff to actually be a vampire) and there are also people who feed off others energy and they are also called vampires :)
Blessed Be

Return to “Folklore and Myths”