2012 the world will end? Highly unlikely

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Sythan

2012 the world will end? Highly unlikely

Post by Sythan »

This is what ticks me off most of the time. Many people are saying the world will end, or the apocolypse will occur.

Truthfully I think its all a load of bull. The man who read the calender admitted he made a mistake and said it will affect Mayans ONLY. However more theories keep popping up. An author has even written a book on surviving it! Everything from a theory about a meteor impact to a global pandemic has been claimed. Yet there is no proof any of this will happen.

I dont think anything will happen on 2012, according to other doomsday prophecies the world was supposed to end about 30 times already. Whatever does happen on 2012, it certainly wont be bad.
shadowx
Banned Member

Re: 2012 the world will end? Highly unlikely

Post by shadowx »

Of course nothing will happen, these people are morons so i wouldnt worry what they say!

And regarding the calendar at no point does it mention destruction or apocolypse. That is a western invention.

And all the theories about Planet X are rubbish, since we would know of it by now, the galactic center is ALWAYS aligned with the sunrise on the 21st (i think) and in 2012 it is several degrees out of alignment just as it is every year, the sun will not explode and a coronal mass ejection will NOT damage biological devices (IE animals/plants) on earth, merely technology and only temporarily (just as it has done a couple of times in recent history) and if god/the devil wants to come here and destroy the world they can kiss my ass ;)
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Isn't the prophecy worded like "the world as we know it will end" ?
I don't put much belief in prophecies - the way I see it is whatever happens will be taylored to fit to the prrophecy - we'll probably get people saying "oh no it was totally a metaphor for ........" after 2012 lol
I don't know many of the theories - it doesn't interest me all that much - who knows though, could be refferring to the cure for cancer ...
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The thing is... Once january 2012 comes around everyone who believed will chicken out with things like "no, this is the *start* the change is happening, i can feel it but it's really slow so you havent noticed yet" riiiiiiiight.... BANG. Headshot, one down.

It irritates me that they will all chicken out, i started a name and shame thread so that those who believe can own up to believing, then when nothing happens i can publicly out them and they cant wiggle out of it :D Im nice like that :P hehe. Of course, if we all die and cease to exist i will tell them they were right... ;)

But still, the mayan calendar mentions no disaster or anything close. It is the same as our calendar "ends" on the 31st December, it then starts all over again the very next day. Same as theirs does. It ends in 2012, an then starts again the next day.

Still, if anyone wants to jump off of a cliff to prevent themselves being killed by a fake apocalypse i wont be stopping them!
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

lol - my brothers obsessed with it -_-
I swear it's that films fault haha
I know right we'll get "this is the start" or "it's all happening underground" or [my personal favorite] "It's all a big conspiracy cover up" lol
just last night he was saying how it might be talking about that really big volcano in America [geography's not my best subject]
I was like - wow are you going to be embarrassed the day after :)
It's a nostradamus thing right ?
We only ever hear about the things from him that are believed to have come true ... I'm sure many of them don't even come close and the ones that do are probably only counted because of general vagueness or perhaps even purposly made to coincide by man
So yeah color me skeptical on the 2012 thing :)
xx
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Ah the supervolcano in yellowstone park.... Under Yellowstone there is a MASSIVE, and i mean MASSIVE supervolcano. It is so big you can only really see it from space, which is why the ancients would have no way of knowing it was there at all. If that things blows we are in deep doodoo...

Most of america is in big trouble, if you live within driving distance of the place you might as well put your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye as they say! The parts of america that arent torn apart by the shockwave or choked in several feet of ash will be in the same boat as the rest of the world, a very dark and probably cold boat.

It would almost certainly create a volcanic winter whereby the ash acts like a sunshade over the earth cooling the planet down and playing havoc with crops. I Wouldnt say it will kill all the crops, but north america wont be producing any food for a little while, Europe may fair a little better and my guess is, due to the prevailing wind currents the southern hemisphere will be fairly OK.

There will likely be acid rain, the oceans will definitely be affected i would guess by the acidic ash and the water cycle and supply would be affected. Life would be pretty miserable really...

But im not worried... It is true that we are overdue but as of yet there are no signs that the thing is waking up but when it does we will all have a very bad day!

It is also one of the many catastrophies from the 2012 film, which is a good film, but the director would be the first person to admit it is *entirely* ridiculous and it is made as a sort of cheesy action film rather than a factual, or even semi factual film, for a start the entire earths crust shifts 20+ degrees so the North pole is in the middle of the US which is obviously fake! Though the magnetic poles can shift the earths crust cant move that far or fast.
aillilek

Post by aillilek »

shadowx wrote:The thing is... Once january 2012 comes around everyone who believed will chicken out with things like "no, this is the *start* the change is happening, i can feel it but it's really slow so you havent noticed yet" riiiiiiiight.... BANG. Headshot, one down.

It irritates me that they will all chicken out, i started a name and shame thread so that those who believe can own up to believing, then when nothing happens i can publicly out them and they cant wiggle out of it :D Im nice like that :P hehe. Of course, if we all die and cease to exist i will tell them they were right... ;)

But still, the mayan calendar mentions no disaster or anything close. It is the same as our calendar "ends" on the 31st December, it then starts all over again the very next day. Same as theirs does. It ends in 2012, an then starts again the next day.

Still, if anyone wants to jump off of a cliff to prevent themselves being killed by a fake apocalypse i wont be stopping them!
No comment on the end of the world, if it happens then I will face it then and there.....
Just wanted to say thanks for this post, had the giggles for some time after reading it smileydance
Netalula

Post by Netalula »

The truth is that the Mayan calendar ended on the 21/12/2012 because they didn't bother to go any further. My guess is that since the Mayans were really smart (Yes, they were) they didn't think they might survive so far. They just thought that first they should get to 2012, then they will go on with the calendar.

Another rumor says that the Mayans said that the 21/12/2012 will be the rebirth of the earth. Maybe we will enter a new age, maybe the ice age will restart, maybe animals will start getting Human Intelligence. It is not necessarily the end of the world.
Asch

Post by Asch »

Ugh the 2012 crap is simply the end of the long count calendar, that's it. And if you do any research on calendars you'll quickly realize how massively arbitrary they are. For instance the Gregorian calendar incorporated a leap year because without it they found that the months slowly shifted to the point that 'spring' was occurring in midwinter. Further, if the Mayans were so skilled at predictions why the heck did the stand by and allow themselves to be wiped out by diseased invaders? Come now. Additionally some scholars are now saying the calendar has been miscalculated and the end of the long count is off by 50 - 60 years, so it won't occur until 2052 or 2062.

It's bunk.

Are there looming natural disasters that could drastically impact animal life on earth (including human)? OF COURSE. I live in the Seattle area and if Mt. Rainier goes at least half a dozen communities are an absolute right off. The odds of anyone or thing in those communities surviving the lahars alone are extremely slim. In spite of warning systems. The economic damage would be untold. The Port of Tacoma is the only deep water port in the lower 48 north of San Diego, the impact of losing that due to lahars and forests being washed into Puget Sound will be devastating. Both Rainier and the super volcano in Yellowstone are thousands of years overdue, but we all continue to live in the shadows of these 'imminent' disasters because that's the way life is.

The 2012 hullabaloo is bunk. Can something happen? Sure. Will it be because of some 'new/ancient' prophecy? My money says no. Remember Y2K and the millennium panic folks, and hale bop and all the other similar 'scares' in modern history.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
moon dancer1998

Post by moon dancer1998 »

Maybe something bad will happen but certainly the world will not end, the earth has been around for ages and holds secrets we still haven't uncovered but still. Something bad might happen though because alot of people are putting alot of negative energy out there so something has to be done with this energy.

I think it's stupid with all this silly stuff going on and I have seen people scared out of their wits because of this and it makes me so angry to see them like that! :x but it's also sad to see them like that as well.

anyway blessed be
SerenityRavensworth

Post by SerenityRavensworth »

My dad told me some guy believes this is all a computer program nd tht our real bodies r underground somewhere nd tht on tht day he has to jump off a cliff somewhere nd reset the program otherwise we all die lol
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

December 21st 2012 is when we will enter the Auquarian age. No end of the world, just a new age. It will be our chance to change the world and make it a better place. Things will change, but as far as I'm concerned the world won't end. Why would the Divine want to end life anyways???
Blessed be
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
FireFaye

Post by FireFaye »

I agree. xD Peoples problem is that they belive everything they read. I think the year 2012 will be a good year and i think good things will happen. And again i agree :D it will be our chance to change the world and make it a better place.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

FireFaye, if you're interested in the subject www.wicca-spirituality.com explains 2012 in detail.
Blessed be
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
FireFaye

Post by FireFaye »

Thank you. (: ill look it up. :P

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”