Bloody Mary

Discussion of folklore and myths.
Luna Lisa

Re: Bloody Mary

Post by Luna Lisa »

Sag1130 wrote:I do not think Blood Mary is real. I'm sure that is has some origins in the past with someone trying to connect with the dead, but I would like to comment about what may take place during that act. Sitting in a dark room staring into a mirror (which is used for scrying and as a window/portal to other worlds) you are engaging in a form of trance work and if you are sensitive enough or raise enough energy you are basically calling out to the spirit world, and since your intention is to see something scary you are making yourself vulnerable to malicious or mischievous spirits.

The same applies to Quiji/Spirit boards. Please be very cautious when engaging in any form of spirit work. It is very important that you properly shield yourself and make it very clear that your will/power banishes any negative energies and allows only positive and loving energy. As long as you have a clear focused intention you can open the doors to great things. Please do your homework and shield before trying to contact spirits though!

Good luck and blessed be.
I would agree. Trying to summon something that you don't know what your doing can have very bad conquences sometimes. So before going to prove that something like this is real try to do some research on it first. That's what I would do. Negative energy around you is a bad thing to do. But before you try anything do your research first.
[WITCH1]

Post by [WITCH1] »

I'm getting the chills reading this post about the so called "bloody mary" and "candyman" I read that bloody mary was a queen named Mary and she went insane and killed many people.... Anyways I hate the candyman movie.... My friends left me in the room and went to try the candyman thing in the bathroom ( It was a sleepover ) Huh pretty stupid to me!

Shoot the "candyman" and "bloodymary" I HATE IT!
me -------> 2gunsfiring :26: :twisted: <----- Candyman and bloody mary
Not all scars show, not all wounds heal, you can't always see the pain someone feels.
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

I kind of had to chuckle reading this thread. Me and two of my sisters used to go into the bathroom and do candyman. We'd scream and run out acting freaked for no other reason than to terrify our two youngest sisters. :-) Scaring them was so much fun....and way too easy. lol
Moon Stone

Post by Moon Stone »

Ah yes, good old Bloody Mary. lol lilac1 I did the bloody Mary thing in all the various methods that I heard of, saying it three times, saying it three times and spinning, saying it with candles, etc. etc. etc. Never saw her or anything out of the ordinary. baby04 I think it is a myth devised for the purpose of creeping each other out during slumber parties, much like most of the slumber party type ghost stories are.
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

"Candyman" was actually based on a short story by Clive Barker. (Dont recall the book title though.)
Funny that it was brouht up as it addressed how groups of kids in a neighbourhod will all have a mythical boogyman that had lived there.....just a few years prior, of course. ;)
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
DarkDeathGoddess

Post by DarkDeathGoddess »

Starwolf176 wrote:I once read in a book that Bloody Mary was a young woman who lived in the country with her father and after he died she grew old alone and rarely left the house. I believe she went insane and kidnapped women from the town near her house or something like that its been a very long time since i read it but i believe she was a real person. But when I was younger like 8 or 9 there was a house in lincoln that was beat up that me and my friend thought was her's and we never walked past it we only ran.
Bloody Mary is based on the queen of scotland in the tudor times. She was Known as Mary queen of scotland (obviously) but she has bloody mary for a nickname because of the way she used to torture people. She used torture instruments such as a thumb twister that drew a lot of blood.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I though bloody mary came from the story of Countess Elizabeth Bathory (also known as the blood countess) who would bathe in the blood of young women to stay young and beautiful forever. I might be wrong but that made the most sense to me since she was a real person I thought the myth was based on her.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I always heard that Bloody Mary is Mary Tudor.. Queen Mary I of England. She was Henry VIII's first child and Queen Elizabeth's older half-sister. She was a devout Catholic, being half Spanish (Isabella and Ferdinand's granddaughter to be exact- the same King and Queen who sent out Christopher Columbus.)

Henry VIII started the Anglican Church and broke with Rome (Catholic Church) to divorce Mary's mother and marry Elizabeth's. So when Mary took the throne she turned the country Catholic again, and had many Protestant's executed for heresy. Hence, "Bloody Mary".

No clue where the husband in the mirror thing came from. I always heard if you say her name three times in the mirror, she'll appear. And then you die or just get scared or something.
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

Yea, I agree with Victoria on this one. I was always under the impression that it was based on the real 'Bloody Mary' who executed a large number of people who disagreed with her religious stance. Something like that, I thought.

As I knew it, it was always saying her name in the mirror 5 times, and she was supposed to appear and scare the crap/life out of you. I think my brothers forced me to do it once, but I don't think it worked. I'm definitely not going to try it though, lol. Apparently she's supposed to appear covered in blood and horrible and stuff.

Return to “Folklore and Myths”