Tattoos

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.

Any Tattoos?

Yes
54%
No
41%
Maybe
5%

Total votes: 101

Areilla

Post by Areilla »

I have two tattoos one is a black dragon the other is a dolfin jumping over a heart.. I'm planing to get a star on my back
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

I have my ears peirced and my belly button peirced. Im planning on getting a chinesse dragon on my lower back when im 18 and i have always wanted it done since i was 10 lol
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Wow, Pess- that's beautiful! They don't usually scab, no-- normally the tattoo people instruct you to keep it covered in either vasoline or A&D baby-butt ointment. Those are both very oil-based, and keep the moisture in, so scabbing usually doesn't occur.

(But mine was dribbling ink for several days after completion-- I actually thought my skin was going to reject the ink, but it was just more ink than skin to absorbe it, I guess. Owwee, ankle bone.)
[Dragonmaiden]

Post by [Dragonmaiden] »

I have the usual pierced ears, 3 holes in my right ear and 2 in my left. I have 5 tattoos: a rose on my right ankle, a butterfly on my left shoulder blade, a comedy/tragedy mask on my right upper arm with my son's name above it (2 separate inks) and my pride n joy, my dragon on my left upper arm. I would love to get a band around my left ankle but not until I get out of the military, well they frown on visible ink...especially on a woman. Sigh.

June
[Chaz]

Post by [Chaz] »

I have one tattoo. A large panther on my right hip. Both ears pierced twice and I had my belly button done a long time ago, but have since removed that. I guess I'm the only one here that regrets getting the ink done and every time I notice it (it has been so many years that I forget it's there) I think "now why did I do that?"
RaineNeit

Post by RaineNeit »

I have two sets or holes in my ears plus both helixs done left ear has a third hole and right has the bottom half of an industrial left in. I had three sets of holes in my ears before and my belly button done three times before I understood it was not meant to be, and a labret twice (lip).

I have three tatts my name in chinese between my shoulder blades.
25 stars on my lower back and a set of beautiful blue and black wings.
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

I have my ears pierced, one each, and my belly buttons. I have three tatooes that are not visible when I am at work :wink: All my tattooes are translations of something that is meaningful to me into Chinese. I have one on my lower back, and two low on my stomach.
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I finally got the tat w/ a celtic design about a month and a half ago (see previous post). It's a blue five pointed star with a celtic triangular knot in the middle of it, but the knot is really big. The artist did a great job at giving the knot a 3-D effect. It definitely doesn't look flat. Of course getting anything celtic is a good conversation starter as I heard the whole " so are you a witch" thing. Ya know it is so hard to explain paganism/witchcraft to a tattoo artist who knows nothing about it!
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Starpetra

Post by Starpetra »

I have a great tattoo of the all seeing god, also known as Buddha's eyes. I got it 13 years ago and haven't had anymore since, sigh.

I recently had a very cool henna tattoo done in Thailand and I'm contemplating having that perminantly inked. It's an abstract version of a woman dancing, it looks very tribal.

My advice for any of you, young ones especially, is to check out the tattooist first. My only regret, while I love my tattoo I wish I'd paid more and had a better artist do it. But hey I was only 15 and it was cheap.
Love to all

Starpetra
Of Fairies, Witches, Gypsies,
My nourrice sang to me ,
Sua Gypsies, Fairies, Witches,
I alsua synge to thee."
("Denham Tract.")
suzanne

Post by suzanne »

MoonStone wrote:.

Just one tattoo... on my right ankle. But I'm hoping for a second. (Boy, they aren't kidding when they say tatoos are addictive!... Kind of like potato chips... "you can't get just one"!) :28:

~BB~
Aint this the truth!!! I have 2 tattoo's both one my back one upper one lower, they are both in the same colours, purple and black celtic designs, well sort of I designed them myself. I would love to have them joined up but not so sure I should!
_Cheshire_

Post by _Cheshire_ »

I have six stars on my lower back. Three on each side, kinda like \ /.

I have quite of bit of space in the middle, so I've decided very carefully for about a year that I want either a Triquetra or an Ankh in the middle space. I'm more partial to the triquetra, they aren't done as commonly as Ankhs, and it would actually mean more to me than a bit of ink. So yes, it's final. I'm going to get a Triquetra. After a year of debate with myself, I've suddenly realized that's what I want. :D
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Yeah Cheshire! At least the board is good for decision making. :28:

My friend actually got his triquetra when I got my ankle work done- other than having some splotches needing more ink, it is a beautiful thing.

~BB~
Schatten-Katze

Post by Schatten-Katze »

Planning to, I might say. Planning too, but very soon. :D
- A Uroborus on my back
- Chinese Word for "Dragon" On my L. Shoulder
- Japanese word for "Dragon" on my R. Shoulder

And that's about it. Don't care much for peircings. Don't have anything against them, just don't want them personally.
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

My ears and tongue are peirced.
rose left breast.
pegasus (my favourite) left shoulder blade.
chinese writing right hip.
love heart upper right arm.
black pattern lower back.

blessed be
APHRODITE
XXX
Skylights

Post by Skylights »

Ooh, MoonStone, we're like twins who have never met and aren't remotely related! I also have two earrings in my right ear and one in my left, and a tattoo on my right ankle.

My tattoo is the word 'Believe' with a few stars around it. I got it in October 2004. Yes, it hurt, especially either end, where the needle was getting close to my Achilles tendon and the bones of my foot. Yes, it bled, but only a little. It didn't scab over though. I kept it all gobbed up with Bacitracin, and when it was mostly healed switched to lotion. Still looks pretty good, too, although I'd like to get it touched up.

And you know what, they really ARE addictive. I keep thinking I want another one, but I can't think of another place on my body that I want permanently marked, or what design I want. I told my boyfriend to design one for me, that way I don't have to think. ;)
[color=blue]*Skylights*[/color]

[color=green][i]"So if you don't rate,
just over-compensate...
The world loves wannabes,
so, hey hey, do that brand new thing."[/i][/color]

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”