Tattoos

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.

Any Tattoos?

Yes
54%
No
41%
Maybe
5%

Total votes: 101

VenusRainn

Post by VenusRainn »

I don't remember who I saw that said you can't breast feed with a nipple ring, but that is incorrect. Actually you can (kind of). You wouldn't want to have an infant nurse while the ring is in the nipple, but if you take it out long enough for the nursing, and then put it back in you should be fine. How do I know this? I've asked professional piercers before at the place where I've gotten a couple piercings from.
Paperdoll

Post by Paperdoll »

VenusRainn wrote:I don't remember who I saw that said you can't breast feed with a nipple ring, but that is incorrect. Actually you can (kind of). You wouldn't want to have an infant nurse while the ring is in the nipple, but if you take it out long enough for the nursing, and then put it back in you should be fine. How do I know this? I've asked professional piercers before at the place where I've gotten a couple piercings from.
thanks for clearing it up, I've heard it in a news piece about piercings, and that's one of the points one of the interviewed piercers mentioned. SO I actually assumed it was true.
VenusRainn

Post by VenusRainn »

Hmmm. I classify piercers in two different categories. Piercers and "piercers". There are some honest piercers out there who inform people and really care about their jobs. Then there are others who are just in it for the money and use cheap things. If you want me to, I can share the website of the place I have got to for my piercings--they have a forum there where you can ask the piercers any question about piercing you want to. I've learned so much there and have referred people there as well for their questions--reguardless of where they live. Why do I like them so much? Well, it is like they said before, they only do one thing--PIERCE! So yes, they will probably be more focused than at a normal tattoo parlor that also offers piercings as well.

And before I get my head ripped off (not that I think that will happen though) I am not knocking on piercers who work in places like that. Those who are trained properly and care about their job are just as good as these other piercers. I'm just knocking on the people who do it for the buck and don't care about the customer after they leave their doors.
sweetwitch

Post by sweetwitch »

i have both my ears pierced but no tatoo...i don't want to have one, though i am curious about it...
PorcObby

Post by PorcObby »

VenusRainn wrote:Hmmm. I classify piercers in two different categories. Piercers and "piercers". There are some honest piercers out there who inform people and really care about their jobs. Then there are others who are just in it for the money and use cheap things. If you want me to, I can share the website of the place I have got to for my piercings--they have a forum there where you can ask the piercers any question about piercing you want to. I've learned so much there and have referred people there as well for their questions--reguardless of where they live. Why do I like them so much? Well, it is like they said before, they only do one thing--PIERCE! So yes, they will probably be more focused than at a normal tattoo parlor that also offers piercings as well.

And before I get my head ripped off (not that I think that will happen though) I am not knocking on piercers who work in places like that. Those who are trained properly and care about their job are just as good as these other piercers. I'm just knocking on the people who do it for the buck and don't care about the customer after they leave their doors.
It's rare I come across a statement i fully agree with anywhere, but VenusRainn, i completely agree, while i don't have any pierceings or tatoos (i have a 6 month policy, If i wake up everyday for 6 months wanting the same tatoo or pierceing for 6 months strait i'll get it.... hasn't happend yet, i'm too flighty) My wife has 2 pierceings; right eybrow, left nipple, and one tatoo, anime catgirl in a catholic school girl outfit on left shoulderblade, and she is alwase makeing the same statements about pierceing places.

The only thing I'd like to add is, for the love of anything you belive in, please don't ever ever get peiced with a gun.
Winter Whitehorse

tatoos and piercings

Post by Winter Whitehorse »

I have a tatoo of a moon with the sun around it around my navel. My navel, nipples and tragus and earlobes pierced. Sounds like alot but I prefer very small stones.
Raven451

Post by Raven451 »

I have my husbands initials on my right shoulder..I had that done when I was 18..I also have my ears and my tongue pierced..

Bright Blessings,

Lori :)
elizabeth0126

Post by elizabeth0126 »

I have 1 tattoo, and 5 piercings, 2 of which are my ears. My tattoo is a butterfly on the my shoulder blade.
Blessed Be!
Live, Love, and Laugh
~~elizabeth0126~~
Aryiok

Post by Aryiok »

2 here...working on 3 and 4. A little piece of advice, never ever ever get someones name tattooed on you. Especially an X-girlfriend...your future wife won't like it.

Aryiok

Yellow bird flying....gets shot in the wing.
Just Jane

Post by Just Jane »

i have a beautiful dragonfly on the back of my neck in this illumated purple-blue color. i LOVE it. its outlined in dark purple so it contrasts nicely. most people dont see it because my hair almost always covers it up.

tattoos are very addictive. i still want more but im very picky about where so im not going to rush :)
Jigsawmessenger

Post by Jigsawmessenger »

I have my left ear pierced twice. Then I made the holes bigger by 14 gauge Tongue rings :twisted: . Now I got 14 gauge horseshoe earrings in. Its a long story about the tongue ring but email me or talk to me Yahoo or AIM and I will tell you about it.
Comus

Post by Comus »

I have my left nipple pierced...
i have the hindi script for "today" on my right ankle.
i have a seven pointed star design on my pubic area.
I want more tatts tho'.
I do henna tattoos all the time for myself and friends.

And kids! If you want one get one. All my life my mother said "NEVER EVER EVER GET A TATTOO". Then she saw the one on my ankle and freaked out. After about a week she was cool with it, now she refers to it with a certain pride to friends.
Want it really really bad, but too sacred to bite the bullet? I told all my friends "I'm getting a tattoo tommorrw!!!" and then I had to follow thru, didn't I?

oo! did getting the tongue ring hurt?
Idz qaala
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

i have 7 peircings
my ear lobes twice
my top left cartliage of my ear twice and my belly button
im too young to have tattoos but i would love them.

im in half minds cos i like the idea of leaving my body the way it is, the way its ment to be, natural and all.

but im in love with tattoos and peircings, i like the idea that the body is a blank canvas for you to create art with ... or the fact to see how far you can push your body to the limits, the adrenaline and such.

but at the end of the day i will probably get the peircings and tatoos.
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

haha, I dont even have my ears peirced. Im such a wuss with needles. I dont even watch when my blood gets drawn at the doctor's office. Watching the blood come out makes me feel sick.

I was thinking of getting a tattoo in the next few years, either on my right shoulder or the lower part of my back. I have no idea what I would get. Maybe a dragon or a symbol of some sort that describes my personality very much. I am in no rush to get one, so I have plenty of time, but I have been interested in one for a while dispite my distaste for needles.
Freedom is a State of Mind...
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Well, I have a black dragon tattoo on my right shoulder blade and I have 3 piercings in each ear.

In the past I've had my tongue, belly button and upper ear (cartilege) pierced. I took the ear out because it refused to heal. I took out the tongue because the lump of metal reminded me of my braces, and I took out the belly button because my ex boyfriend forced me to.

I'm planning to get another tattoo for my next birthday, though. Still trying to narrow down the ideas I have!

BTW I like that 6 month rule.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”