How to save the environment

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
SapphireRoad

Re: How to save the environment

Post by SapphireRoad »

barker wrote:I'll just share that the shift from denial into esctacy accepts all problems as "moot"... well to me.
Ecstasy of riding the wave of love results in an initiative to solve problems with love.

Leaving love in the abstract form is far from loving the full-manifest.

Yes music can be used for cleansing and shift.

Over-doing the crown is just an escape though.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

SL wrote:
barker wrote:Over-doing the crown is just an escape though.
Thought "eternity" begets feeling "love" is as close as I can come to "escaping." It's true, if you only think and feel eventually you can't do much. The key to initiative? Inspiration itself.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Terra Barton III
Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.

The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."
The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain: Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. [Don't forget the tin-can man who stopped by. It was a charitable donation to the lower strata, a way for him to earn a few dollars.]

But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day. Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags.

But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then. We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks. But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days.
Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana.

In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us.
When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.

Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power.
We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull. But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the "green thing."
We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.
But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?
Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart ass young person. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I wash floor with just water and lavender essence, maybe some other essences too. Also just water to clean furniture.
Laundry could be washed in a sink with warm water and lavender and a bit of soap, but it's too bad that socks simply have to be put in the machine, otherwise they become too stiff. While I'm at it, it's good to put the underwear there as well for the hygiene purposes. So I use eco-friendly liquid washing powder but I know these things can only be eco-friendly that much.

Still better than pouring pure chemistry into waters. Most of Goddess' magic goes through water I believe, so if you pour heavy chemistry into waters not only your magic will not work, water nymphs will come to your house and kick your butt too.

Mr Crowley wrote: We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water.
Yeah I still drink the tap water although people are getting more and more (rightfully) pussified about it. Still the other half of the city has worse water source with people, in country with (said to be) second best drinking water reserves per habitant, being so retarded to keep various waste buried underground thus poisoning these reserves!!! Also village people tossing chemical/fecal dump into fields because they don't want to pay for the service of legal disposing of it.

What could the people living in more dry regions of the Earth actually do? Do they survive on the bottled water?
I heard middle east evaporates sea water and collects the vapour into sweet water but it is still said to be rough for kidneys.
Also the survival guide would suggest to filter water through cotton shirt, sand and charcoal ... anyone had guts to try it out?
Mr Crowley wrote: Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van

Oh how do I hate children, let me count the ways...

They seem to be risen into an attitude that the whole world is supposed to belong to them. I don't get it.
When neighbor's kids start shrieking I replay in my mind video of George Carlin - How to raise a child. On an infinite loop.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

I'm interested in keeping this thread alive
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

This has created a firestorm. So is it fake news?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Mr Crowley wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:58 pm people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did
YUP. Astonishing. One of the things that is so sad is many people are freaked out about letting their child walk to school or ride their bike around the neighborhood, like they can only go up and down their own block. :shock: They think the world too unsafe. Heck I crossed two main boulevards gong to elementary school (Lincoln and Manchester) and loved the walk. Nowadays you are an unfit parent for letting a minor do anything on their own. We were babysitting when we were 10. Now you could get arrested for letting a 10 year old watch another minor. It's really overboard.
(BTW one could have bought about 5 houses with the amount of the gas guzzling SUV)
I really like this whole post Crowley,
viewtopic.php?p=288501#p288501
I remember all of it and can't understand why we can't implement that again.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Environmentalism”