Why would someone do that?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Purewitch22

Why would someone do that?

Post by Purewitch22 »

Why would somebody well ANYBODY sacrifice their familers? I heard it before, I just didn't believe it until I looked it up!!! ITS HORRID! Wouldn't the Goddess harm them?
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: Why would someone do that?

Post by Lost_Demise »

Could you rephrase what you said? I don't understand.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Okay... Some people (Black Magick I think?) Sacrifice animals! Their familiars, and other animals! I was hoping I read it wrong, UNTIL my best friend had to send me a link of someone doing that! She said "I'm sorry for this! But you need to see it!" when she sent it!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
Asch

Post by Asch »

Double check the site, odds are it's not accurate or its sensationalist. Animal sacrifice used to be a common practice in many pre-Christian religions and is sometimes practiced as a part of some modern day Pagan religions (Santeria for one) but is not common. Some groups sensationalize false reports largely associated with satanism. Most pagans view satanism as a twisted branch of Christianity as Satan doesn't generally exist outside of Christianity.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Asch thank you! Blessed Be!
Blessed Be!

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Yeah,
The idea of "familiars" was popular during the witch hunts, when the familiars were considered to be demons in the form of animals. I assume that during that time, the witch hunters didn't believe that witches sacrificed their familiars, rather that they fed them with their own blood, or from the milk of some hidden nipple that witches were thought to have. During this time period, witch craft was considered devil-worship. Witches got their powers from having sex with demons, this was due to the woman's insatiable lust--given to all womankind from Eve.
However, witches were assumed to sacrifice human babies. Especially midwives, who were automatically suspect of witch craft in the view of The Hammer of the Witch.
Anyway, this may be a historical base for common people's associations between witches, familiars, and sacrifice. Obviously, its completely ridiculous. But I am sure their are some misguided teenagers who think it makes them look mature to do stupid things like harm animals in the name of a craft that they know nothing of.

Return to “Animals and Pets”