How can I figure out what my familier is?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Purewitch22

How can I figure out what my familier is?

Post by Purewitch22 »

How can I figure out what my familier is? Or what my Alli is? I have a Pit-Bull puppy that follows me wherever I go, and I named her Cinnamon but i don't know if she is my familier or not! Also is it possible to have a Familier AND an Alli at once?
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
[WITCH1]

Re: How can I figure out what my familier is?

Post by [WITCH1] »

I need help with that also. :(

~ Blessed Be~
Not all scars show, not all wounds heal, you can't always see the pain someone feels.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Blessed Be! :)
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Ask them (aloud or in your head) if they want to be or are your familiar. That's all. You should hear an answer, it might sound like your own voice, but its your intuition telling you what the animal said.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Raven, I tried that! And ALL I heard was "You DONT have one! You Idiot!" I don't know if that was ME talking or.....
Blessed Be!

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

No, that's usually your spirit guide. I have one too, they use your voice because they know that your more likely to trust it. You can ask it to change its voice so you know that its different than you.

And if the guide told you that you don't have one, you don't have one.
And does your spirit guide call you an idiot a lot? Mine calls me an idiot when the answer for the question I ask is obvious. He's just not good at helping me find things -_-
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

ONLY when I AM an idiot! When I ask stupid question's, or just act stupid!
Blessed Be!

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare
Nyxannwn

Post by Nyxannwn »

Ravencry wrote:No, that's usually your spirit guide. I have one too, they use your voice because they know that your more likely to trust it. You can ask it to change its voice so you know that its different than you.

And if the guide told you that you don't have one, you don't have one.
And does your spirit guide call you an idiot a lot? Mine calls me an idiot when the answer for the question I ask is obvious. He's just not good at helping me find things -_-
I don't think this is correct. I've had the same thing happen, but I believe this to just be your own doubt surfacing. There is a lot of insecurity involved in figuring out who/what your familiar is. Everyone has one. It is just a matter of figuring out which animal it is.

Try to think about what animals you see/experience a lot in your daily life. It could be your favorite animal as well. An animal you feel a kinship to.

Best of luck!

~*~Nix~*~
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

The best way to identify your familiar/spirit guide is when in trance as part of a Sabbat ritual. You MUST challenge it, several times, to ensure that it is in fact your true and benevolent familiar/spirit guide.

My spirit guide is a black panther and he came through in trance about 5 months ago, although he still won't tell me his name..... but then I haven't actually finalized my hidden name yet so maybe he is waiting for that first. ;)

Brightest blessings. :D
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Kitrina Mageia

Post by Kitrina Mageia »

Ah, *headdesk* I just asked my cat and all she said was "I'm licking you right now". Like that's a valid excuse for postponement! Darn cat... -_-
And I never considered that the other voice in my head is a spirit guide. I just thought I was developing another personality. ^^; This really explains so much.
Brujita13

Post by Brujita13 »

Can a familiar be an ordinary animal, like a pet you have a very close connection to? I have owned a cat for over 5 years now and have been wondering lately if she might be my familiar. I seem to sense a "yes" when I ask her.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

All I really know is that my Pit Bull is getting protective. She acts like a gargoyle. She sat on my lap and growled at nothing, refuses to leave my side, gets vicious (she NEVER does) when somebody I'm scared of comes near me, and she seems to understand me. I can't spend as much time with her, being a Freshman in High School now and having a new Kitten, whom I also feel connected with. Is it possible that I have many, but the dog is my closest one?
Blessed Be!

Margaret Drabble

Shakespeare

Return to “Animals and Pets”