Can you tell me what it means???!

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Purewitch22

Can you tell me what it means???!

Post by Purewitch22 »

My friend let me try out her Tarot Cards...I got the cards, I can't put them together.....I can't figure it out! So if your good with this stuff, will you tell me? I'll list each one below! (I did the 10 one by the way!)

The Knight Of Swords

The Ace Of Swords

The High Priestess

The Seven Of Swords

The Eight Of Cups

Strength

The Queen Of Swords

Judgment

The Three Of Swords

The Knight of Pentacles

The Sun

Any Ideas? I appriciate your help!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
roseonfire

Re: Can you tell me what it means???!

Post by roseonfire »

Each card has several meanings by book definition and an infinite amount more of intuition interpretations. When reading Tarot, you are supposed to go by intuition. What your subconscious tells you within three seconds of pulling the card. After that, the rational mind takes over. Once that happens, you are no longer working with the influence of your psychic abilities. I wish I could be of more help.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
Xack

Post by Xack »

The Knight Of Swords - a confident and articulate young man, who may act impetuously. The problem is that this Knight, though visionary, is unrealistic. He fights bravely, but foolishly.

The Ace Of Swords - decisive ability and cutting through confusion, taking a radical decision or standpoint and the ability to see through deception, and expose it.

The High Priestess - wisdom, love and relationships

The Seven Of Swords - A hasty decision, greed and/or thoughtless behavior, the individual acts in an impulsive fashion. It represents secret plans, hidden dishonor, frustration and the possibility of failure.

The Eight Of Cups - changes in affections and the breaking of irrelevant links with the past - a turning away from existing relationships and objects of affection with the intent of progressing to that which is new and deeper in meaning

Strength - self-control, patience, compassion

The Queen Of Swords - warning, self-protection, tests

Judgment - decision, forgiveness, restarting

The Three Of Swords - pure piercing sorrow of the mind. The sorrow must be felt and experienced for closure and relief to come

The Knight of Pentacles - considered the appropriate card for a teenager or young adult, most often a teenaged boy or young man. Also stubbornness and hard work.

The Sun - optimism, assurance, enlightenment
Lynelle

Post by Lynelle »

I think you should buy your own tarot deck and redo the spread. I normally advise against asking one question twice so soon after the first, but I personally think you have to spend time with a deck of cards in order to read them properly. I've never seen two decks that have the exact same meanings for their cards-- it's not a constant. :)

Return to “Tarot Talk”