Unusual situation

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
AmethystQuartz

Unusual situation

Post by AmethystQuartz »

Right, so this is my life.

I was catholic for about six months when I was 5.
One of my freinds is a pagan, and her mother is a medium and so is her little sister.UNforntunately she thinks that anyone not born into the craft is not a true pagan and only half accepts me.
One of my other friends i saw with a pentagram on his hand so we are freinds but he is like the other one
Me: I'm more wiccan than pagan , personally.
My granny is more catholic than the pope so would die if i was a pagan
My dad is a ' pantheistic thingumybob' in his own words
My mum is kinda religious but i still think she would go spare
and I'm only 11 so I can't move out. I have an astral temple instead of a real altar at the moment and stuff because i cant exactly have one when I'm still in the broom closet.
My problem is how do I tell people including my nice but big headed friends and Pope Granny?

Sorry this is a bit of a rant its just my life is too complicated!
Zili

Re: Unusual situation

Post by Zili »

I just came out and said it to my mom "By the way I'm pagan." she doesn't want to accept it and for a long time I thought that's what coming out was about was having people accept your choice, fact of life, no one has to accept it but you.

My dad actually mentioned it to me first. He knew I was looking into shamanism a while back and so 2 years ago after i stopped talking with my venturing crew leader (scout group) my dad said "so you don't talk to each other any more because you're pagan right?" (my scout leader even after I aged out of the group decided to make it his personal mission to convince me that I was playing with the devil. My dad accepts my decision, my mom and former scout leader don't. But I do accept my decision.

But I was also 21 when my parents found out/were told. My friends knew when I was 19. I don't know how hard it would be for an 11 year old. My mother doesn't want me practicing in the house, but I still have an altar, there's nothing about it that screams "I'm a Pagan!" a few candles and some trinkets that have personal meaning to me, a small native american figure holding a dream catcher and a leather circle under her that says "April, Friends of the Feather" I also have a jade dragon statue, and a ceramic native american style bear my mom made for me. a small drum i bought at the ren fest, and some feathers. An altar doesn't have to have figures of your god and goddess, nor a pentacle or cauldron. An altar can have anything you want on it.
AmethystQuartz

Thanks Zili

Post by AmethystQuartz »

Thanks Zili
i dont think i can tell them rigt now (my life is hectic enough) and thanks for the idea for altar.I might tell my dad soon, actually... i only joined this forum half an hour ago, i wasnt expecting a reply so soon!
Thanks again + Blessed Be!
Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Maybe you could ease them into it? Like start wearing symbols (not pentagrams perse) or bring up non abrahamic religions at the dinner table, talk about god and that there are other religions that believe in a matriach instead of a patriarch. I don''t know if your fam is like mine, mine always jump at a good discussion and are a able to discuss and let their guard down when in a discussion as well. And it's a way for you to see just how they would react to certain things.
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
AmethystQuartz

Post by AmethystQuartz »

My dad usually talks about religion anyway :) My mum is harder. My stepdad is really narrow minded. Where can i buy symbols apart from pagan sites+shops?
Thanks
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Well here in the netherlands there are plenty of shops where you can get fairies and stones and goddesses, other symbols would be the mother goddess symbol which I wear everyday because that does not make people think religion right when they see it but I would not know where to get them if you don't like in the netherlands I'm sorry. There are a few online shops I know like moonlight creations who does a lot with metal and leather and you would not think paganism unless you knew the symbolsim.

I got my Cernnunos necklace at a gas station actually.
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
AmethystQuartz

Post by AmethystQuartz »

We used to have a pagan shop called lunacy or somethingbut it shut down. There was a crystal dealer called.... er... William, i think a couple of years ago. I'll see if i can find something, though. I was thinking a triskele?
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonlitcreations This is moonlit creations website, bit expensive but lovely things and she takes requests.

Return to “Teen Concerns”