Gnostic Christan

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
Ula

Gnostic Christan

Post by Ula »

Some people have asked how it works. I have my own opinion on it and if any other Gnotics what to post theirs that's great. The Gnostic texts basically state that the "god" of the old testament is a false one. Christ was sent to tell people there is a main creative force or being he called Father and that the Holy Spirit is female.

What that means to me is that just as there are being like angels, demons, etc., that there are dieties.

Christ used faith and magic to feed the masses, raise the dead and cast out demons. He understood magic on another level but the same any witch uses.

Gnostic Christian believe in one creative force Father and feminine Holy Spirit. They believe in dieties which is Paganism.

I am also a witch. Someone who used herbs, chants, stones and items to focus energy for a desired outcome. None of my beliefs conflict for me anyway.

This link is for the Nag Hammadi Library. Works by the followers of Christ left out of the Holy Bible to leave the masses in the dark about dieties.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html
BallisticJW

Re: Gnostic Christan

Post by BallisticJW »

This is very interesting. I should read more about it Is this your website? It is very informative and really interesting.
Ula

Post by Ula »

No not mine but one very well put together it pretty much has everything you need to know on it.
mist

Post by mist »

I think your explanation of Gnosticism is very good. I've been a follower for a few years now. The God of the Old Testament is like some underling God who thought he was the only God - "Worship no other Gods before Me. I am a jealous God." - There are indeed other dieties with greater power.
BallisticJW

Post by BallisticJW »

Wait I don't understand. So is Jesus a factor?

"The gnostic style of faith is free, open, and creative. One does not have to be told how to act; particularly, what to believe. You can and should use your brain and modern knowledge. You have the ability to think for yourself. The gnostic style believes seeking God is more important than finding God by a certain dogma or belief. This web site therefore isn't about accepting Gnosticism or their beliefs (yes, some are strange), but it's purpose is to share an early and widespread style of Christian faith that can deepen, transform, and affirm the way many are indeed Christians today. "

So are you Christian? I can't find a clear answer on this, and I am so so curious!
Ula

Post by Ula »

I believe in the message of Christ that the Father is not the same god as the Old Testament, that to me makes me a Christian. For me he is part of the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit being feminine). I also look at Christ as a magic worker. But the main message of Christ is there is one true Creator and as long as you know that your set. I also don't regret getting baptized as Christ I still believe did that as a symbol much like the invitation one done for the Goddess. So yes Christ for me is important but in Gnosticism you don't have to think that way. I think Gnosticism is more fluid than traditional Christianity so there is no standard per se.
Adder

Post by Adder »

Its one of the areas I'm most interested in also!!!
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I think this is very interesting too. I think it doesnt matter the manner in which you seek "god" so long as you seek.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Thank you for sharing! I have been interested in Gnosticism for some time!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bump to save, Nag Hammadi Library link is still good

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”