Teenage Wiccan Life? * RESEARCH*

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
AnnaMoose48

Teenage Wiccan Life? * RESEARCH*

Post by AnnaMoose48 »

Hello, I'm Anna and I'm a new member here. I joined this site mainly because I was looking for some answers and doing research for a book I'm writing about a fifteen year old girl who is Wiccan. Now, I've researched this stuff a little bit, but I am still not clear on the religion. Here are my questions, feel free to just post general info because, honestly, anything will do. :)
~~ Do you say that she is Wiccan OR she is Wicca?
~~ Wiccans worship a god and a goddess, sometimes even more gods and goddesses. Do they choose which Gods and Goddesses they worship, or do the worship JUST one particular type of God and Goddess (only worship Egyptian, Greek, Chinese, etc).
~~ Are you a teenager than is Wicca?
~~ Do you know any Wiccans in your town? Do you have a group (what do you call that) of friends that are Wiccan (like a clan, cult. . .what do you call that?)
~~ When did you decide that Wicca was for you?
~~ How can I make my character believable? She'll be having a few rituals, so how can I make those realistic?
~~ Have the spells that you have tried worked?
Thanks, I really appreciate you at least reading this!
Zili

Re: Teenage Wiccan Life? * RESEARCH*

Post by Zili »

you would say she is wiccan. Wicca is the religion so you could phrase it "she practices wicca" or "she follows wicca" but when claryfing what she is you would say "she is wiccan" Wiccans are those that practice Wicca

a group of wiccans that practice together and are committed to practicing together form a coven

to make the rituals more realistic I suggest researching what kind of ritual she will be having plenty of fully written rituals online also if your local book store has a "new age" section you might be able to find some books there you can use for research
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

AWNSER: depends on the person, some may find it offensive and prefer witch or another name some dont want you knowing what they are.

~~ Wiccans worship a god and a goddess, sometimes even more gods and goddesses. Do they choose which Gods and Goddesses they worship, or do the worship JUST one particular type of God and Goddess (only worship Egyptian, Greek, Chinese, etc).
AWNSER: again, its up to the person, if you want to worship it then go ahead, wiccan is a very flexible religion

AWNSER: i am a catholic but im working on becoming a druid =)

~~ Do you know any Wiccans in your town? Do you have a group (what do you call that) of friends that are Wiccan (like a clan, cult. . .what do you call that?)
AWNSER: no i know a druid nearby who teaches me and i your a druid its called a Grove, if your a wiccain a gathering of a close knit group of people who practice magic are called a Coven and usually have their own book of shadows

AWNSER: im not a wiccain lol.. xD

~~ How can I make my character believable? She'll be having a few rituals, so how can I make those realistic?
AWNSER: um.. its good you want facts, describe them using very powerfull imagery thats all i can say on the matter. you should practice some small spells to start you off and explain what wicca is ect. most of the knowledge online on this matter is perfect. ill add sites you can read through and the bottom and certainly there are some free online pagan and wiccain courses. druidry online is free too but its harder to find the spells =)

AWNSER: many xD. i tried wish spells, alot of incantions and some candle magic. all spells work in different ways, signs wont come right away you need to be patient with it. its not with a snap of your fingers, dont demand anything, ask nicely. you see it takes time to manifest. dont write your book where she automatically gets things as that would be a lie :P no offence meant. i recommend a couple days meditation and visualiseation and relaxation before you do any spells, itll help you when your doing spells and you need to visualise things, helps you get used to useing your imagination especially when your old"

some interesting sites:
http://www.goodwiccan.com/
http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcra.htm
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=211726
http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/wicca.htm
http://paganwiccan.about.com/

try reading alot on wicca and maybe a little paganism. do alot of research before you put a pen to paper. its best to have the facts instead of just rambling on.

hope i helped <3
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

Here are some more answers to your questions:

* "She is Wiccan" or "She practices Wicca" are both accurate.
* Some people feel a strong connection to a particular set of godesses/gods, and so choose to worship that set. Others pick and choose certain deities from one pantheon, and other deities from another pantheon. Others still choose to worship mostly the concepts, having a Goddess and God that aren't associated with any particular culture.
* I am a teen, but I practice what I like to call Eclectic Paganism. I follow little bits of Celtic Wicca, a little Native American Shamanism, a few elements of Buddhism, a little bit of New Age Philosophy... I'm a spiritual mutt.
* Yes, there are several Wiccans/Pagans in my town; a lot of us went to high school together. Sometimes we'd get together, but mostly we all practiced seperately.
* I was about 13 when I first began researching Wicca, but didn't decide that it was a belier system I could relate to until I was about 16.
* Look up correspondences (there are plenty of links on this site), try to time your character's rituals within the Wheel of the Year (also links on this site), look into some visualizations you can describe her doing...
* I haven't worked any full-blown spells, so I really can't help with that... Besides, a lot of the time, my friends have told me that their spells work in a much different way than they originally were looking for.

Good luck! Any more questions feel free to ask!
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...

Return to “Teen Concerns”