A few beginer questions, Everyone can ask and answer here

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Serenity

A few beginer questions, Everyone can ask and answer here

Post by Serenity »

Can any body do magic?
What is a pentacle?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hi there

Anybody can do magic if they take the time to learn :D

A pentacle is a 5 pointed star inside a circle :D

hedge
Pessamistic Angel

Post by Pessamistic Angel »

A pentacle is also a very blessed object (to me anyway) and is a symbol of the most important things , fire, water, air, earth and spirit :roll:
Heaven Wouldnt Take Me And Hell Was Scared Id Take Over...
Yes, Im Evil. But Its Part Of My Charm.
Lady Valkyrie

Post by Lady Valkyrie »

Who can practice Magick within the realms of Witchcraft is determined upon how open one is to the natural energies used to perform magick.

A pentacle or a pentagram is a figure of a 5-pointed star usually made with alternate points connected by a continuous line within a circle.

Pentagrams have been used not only in the occult, Magick, and Witchcraft, but also in many religions. Early Christians used the pentagram as a symbol of their faith. The five points of the pentagram symbolized the five wounds of Jesus the Christ.

Here is a wonderful website that can tell you everything about the pentacle/pentagram, everything from it's first uses, and it's different meanings throughout history, to todays meanings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

basically it is the same as a pentagram? IF so, thats what i thought.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

Serenity wrote:basically it is the same as a pentagram? IF so, thats what i thought.
well, yes and know, a pentacle is a pentagram with the circle around it.

circle=pentacle

no circle=pentagram
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
kiera_myint

freedom

Post by kiera_myint »

i need a speel so that my parents will let me move out.

can anyone help me or a spell to get my freedom back....cos my family are very posessive about, i cant go out with my friends even!!

can any1 help???????/
Yavanna

Aww geez...

Post by Yavanna »

kiera_myint:

I'm not sure that a spell is going to help you, unless you want to help yourself, first.
To move out of your parent's house you've got to be old enough and wise enough - physically and mentally, I mean.

Do you have a job, or are you in school?
Sounds like you want to move in with someone.
Are you ready for that?

Either way, you must prepare. Be ready to take charge of your own life.
Get a job that you can pay the rent with, and feed yourself with. Don't depend upon a boyfriend or girlfriend to do it for you.
Start looking for an apartment (as if you were moving out on your own.)
Learn about what it takes to be independant of your parents.
Then you can show how prepared you really are.
Sometimes just demonstrating that you have the will and the drive (by doing your homework on this) can illustrate the fact that you are ready.

To help you gather up your courage, I'll create a spell for you.
Take out the want ads from your local paper and pick a page with jobs that you think you can do. Pull out the real estate section and pick a page with apartments in an area that you'd like to live.
Light a candle (green or brown) and place the papers on either side of it.
Look deeply at the ads and make your wish - that you can become independant through patience and determination. Say it over and over, and keep your eyes on the ads. When you're spent, blow out the candle and take the papers to your workdesk or table, and place them near the telephone. Then read them thoroughly.
Next morning, look at the papers again. Keep them for a week in a safe place with your candle. You should see things in a different light by then. :idea:
[Dragonmaiden]

Re: freedom

Post by [Dragonmaiden] »

kiera_myint wrote:i need a speel so that my parents will let me move out.

can anyone help me or a spell to get my freedom back....cos my family are very posessive about, i cant go out with my friends even!!

can any1 help???????/
Kiera, several of us have already given you advice on this subject. It is starting to sound to me like you don't want to do any of the work that standing up to your family would require, it seems like you're just looking for an easy way out and that's not what Magick is all about.

BB

June
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

This was just an older post, Dragonmaiden. At the time when Kiera signed up for the board, she made several similar posts in multiple threads. It looks like she's gone at this point :shock:
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
[Dragonmaiden]

Post by [Dragonmaiden] »

You know, I have GOT to start looking at the dates on these posts....then again I had only had one cup of coffee at that time.....lol

BB

June
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

:lol: I do the same thing :lol:
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
Yavanna

Woops!

Post by Yavanna »

Heh..woops, that was my fault. :oops:
Next question? :lol:
emilyrsms

why?

Post by emilyrsms »

every spell that i try wont work why is that? am i doing something wrong?
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

Based on your two other posts, asking for a love spell and for a revenge spell... I would say a divine power is preventing your spells from working. I would say that's a good thing. Can you find some positive subject for a spell? Maybe then it would work.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”