Smoking Herbs

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Twine
Banned Member

Smoking Herbs

Post by Twine »

I was just wondering what herbs people here like to smoke (pot and tobacco, aside). I use lots of different blends, from cinnamon, angelica, cloves and St. John's Wort to a blend of mullein, mugwort and (some) tobacco. I'm not a big fan of smoking plain cigarettes, especially after coming up with my own concoctions that seem to be much more exciting!

Does anyone else have any fun blends? :)
BallisticJW

Re: Smoking Herbs

Post by BallisticJW »

I have smoked some wild blends. Because of the youngins on the site, I won't give very many details but herbal smoke blends are so smooth to the throat and lungs and have a great/ relaxing nature. I was lucky enough to import a herbal blend from the southern region of india. It gave me a weightless feeling so to speak, but was throughly enjoyable. Do you just mix and match you herb? newangel
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

I blend the herbs that I've smoked before based on taste and the way they smoke. I just smoked nettle in with some of a usual blend I use, hoping it would go over really well and it was AWFUL. I was used to the blend being so light, almost like you weren't smoking anything and the nettle COMPLETELY changed that. I guess I'll just stick to what i know from now on. XD

Ooh! I'd like to hear about some of the blends you use! Drop me a PM? :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi guys, this is not to condone, but I have smoked sage, mullen, horehound, yerba santa, and mugwort in a mix that was for, of all things...congestion. It worked pretty good. There are may other things you can "smoke" but none of them are really in excess like one would say, smoke a cigarette. Lavender, sweet woodruff, clove, nutmeg, rosemary and others are nice for just a little puff, and that's all.But just as a warning, NEVER smoke anything that you are not absolutely sure what it is, and where it came from. I am a big advocate of learning the plants botanical names, and identifying them. Then you are a more responsible and learned practitioner of the herb world.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Amethyst_Stargazer

Post by Amethyst_Stargazer »

I got to thinking about this and was wondering if you could possibly use wet clumps or "balls" of herb blends and smoke them from a hookah? To me, it's a much smoother smoke when you combine it with water (tobacco that is), so I wonder if the same could apply to herbs...? I've smoked herbal blends from a regular blown-glass pipe before and it can be harsh. I thought maybe a hookah would make it easier on the lungs. If that's possible, perhaps some blends having eucalyptus and rosemary would be good for congestion...
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

I suppose that could be possible. I'd recommend using something with a filter, though, that could be why you're getting such a "harsh" smoke. I've actually never used a hookah, but I have a friend who swears by them. needless to say, on that subject, I'm no expert. Eucalyptus and Rosemary sounds REALLY nice, though.
BallisticJW

Post by BallisticJW »

What methods are you using to smoke? Just pipes, home crafted ones, incense burners or....
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Actually, I just take the tobacco out of my cigarettes and replace it with whatever I want.
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

My asthma is acting up just thinking about inhaling burning herbs. None of these irritate your throat/lungs?
H_Prynne

Post by H_Prynne »

Myself, I wouldn't advocate smoking anything. The hot air/smoke from smoking anything can, in layman's terms, change and damage the tissue in your lungs making you more susceptible to infections as well as longer term issues such as COPD, emphysema, and cancer. That being said, I'm all about informed personal choice. If you wanna smoke stuff go ahead, Id just be really really sure if you're smoking herbs, especially ones not grown by yourself, that they don't have pesticides or chemicals on them that could be toxic or damaging to your lungs.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh Twine...hun, get a pipe or a hookah or a vaporizer ( the latter being the best ), cigarette paper has all kinds of chemicals, and then there's the filter... I don't even want to think what is in there... I don't encourage smoking anything. If you like you can get a "homeopathic" sort of essence of the plant if you burn the herb on a coal and then waft the air over you, not really breathing too deeply, but enough to have the energy of the plant within. BUT...DO NOT DO THIS with any kind of plant that is poisonous!!!
Be careful, Blessings love, FirebirdFlys.
ps. sorry, just had to add my two cents...Do consider abstaining from tobacco. ( I know you don't want to hear that ) but I smoked cigarettes from age 14 to 35, and quitting was the hardest thing I EVER did, but totally necessary...couldn't hardly breath anymore.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Amethyst_Stargazer

Post by Amethyst_Stargazer »

I use a blown glass pipe... "Normally" it's a weed bowl, but I don't use it for that. My cousin's fiance makes them and it was a going away present from them. It's really pretty!

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”